Notices

? for Anthony

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 02:18 PM
4s
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? for Anthony

Whats the best way to care for the 3m bra? I heard plexus worked really well and helped keep it from looking old? Thanks for your help.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:00 PM
jb26jb
Racer

Plexus is great on clear plastic
Old 08-04-2006, 06:31 PM
4s
Instructor

So does it work with the 3m clear bra? Or should I be using something else?
Old 08-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 4s
Whats the best way to care for the 3m bra? I heard plexus worked really well and helped keep it from looking old? Thanks for your help.
Hello,

Yes Plexus is great stuff and if your plastic film is in nice condition then a Plexus application after each wash is all you need.

You can polish your clear bra also butI wouldn't use anything too abrasive. Klasse AIO and Menzerna FPII are what I use to polish with. I use either my Cyclo or by hand, depending on the bra condition.

Anthony
Old 09-04-2006, 12:46 AM
capt601
Instructor

i've been using Plexus on my rear cab window and now on the clear bra I had installed last month, but it seems that when i use the plexus you can see the wipe marks where I clean it. It never seems to come completely off as clear, it almost seems like there is a film on the clear bra after the plexus is used. This happens also on on the paint next to the edge of the clear bra when I am cleaning it with the Plexus.

any thoughts?
thanks
Old 09-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by capt601
i've been using Plexus on my rear cab window and now on the clear bra I had installed last month, but it seems that when i use the plexus you can see the wipe marks where I clean it. It never seems to come completely off as clear, it almost seems like there is a film on the clear bra after the plexus is used. This happens also on on the paint next to the edge of the clear bra when I am cleaning it with the Plexus.

any thoughts?
thanks
Could be several issues. It could be that you're not buffing the Plexus off thoroughly enough or that your towel itself may be contaminated from another product or perhaps fabric softner.

I had a guy ask me about smears on his paint after he wiped it and I told him it was possible that it had fabric softner in it. He swore up and down that it didn't but after looking at the detergent he was using he discovered it had an added softner to it.

Softner shouldn't effect it too much but it can make the pile of the microfiber less effective at doing its job.

It can also be effected by the type of wax or sealer you have on the car or bra.

It's also possible that you are applying the Plexus on to large of an area at one time. It then begins to dry in areas before you can properly buff it off. Try to apply it to smaller areas or try applying it to the towel itself then to the bra. Use a second towel to quickly buff.

Hope some of that helps,
Anthony
Old 09-04-2006, 04:44 PM
capt601
Instructor

thanks Anthony!

I am now thinking a combo of fabric softener (the Mrs. dried my last batch of towels withsome other clothes!) and dong to big of an area at a time.

thanks again.

capt601

Quick Reply: ? for Anthony