Notices

Where Can I Find a *Premium* Detailer in TX?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 11:39 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Where Can I Find a *Premium* Detailer in TX?

Not new to rennlist, but new to this forum...

I own a 1998 Carrera S. I typically do all the detailing on this car myself. I use Einszett and Zaino products almost exclusively and have always had great results. However, the birth of a son this year has curbed my free time for this hobby.

I would like to find somewhere not too far where I could take my car 1-2 per year for a VERY thorough wheels off detail process, including engine degreasing/steaming, undercarriage detailing, exterior and interior, etc...almost a concours-prepping level of detail. I know of a couple places like this in other parts of the country, but wondering if there is any such detailer here in TX. I would expect to pay a premium for these types of services given the nature of the work, time involved, need for lift, steam equipment, etc.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:36 AM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Paging Anthony........................
Old 12-03-2005, 02:11 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IcemanG17
Paging Anthony........................

I am located in San Antonio Texas and I do this level of detailing. Where are you located Mrsullivan?

If the distance is too far perhaps I may know of a detailer in yoru area who can perform this type of work.

You can Email me here, Anthony@ultimatereflections.net

Here is a detail I just did on a Ford GT. Even though the car was new the proud owner wanted me to go through the whole car, inside and out.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Anthony
Old 12-03-2005, 09:45 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Anthony, I am in Dallas... do you know of someone closer? Your work looks awesome. I would want the same caliber here. If it doesnt exist, perhaps we should invest in opening a "branch" here for you.... do you have any idea how big the Porsche community is in Dallas.... pretty big
Old 12-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Good morning Jonathan,

First, congrats to you and your wife on your baby

I was just in Dallas! Moving my in-laws from the Dallas area to here in San Antonio. I know a few detailers in your area but honestly not sure if they are up to the type and degree of detail you are seeking.

My partner, Ron, and I would love to come out there and detail a few Porsches. Perhaps we can get together a "group buy" of a few Porsches and who knows what it may lead to from there? We also do paintless ding removal and we can schedule interior material repair.

Ron and I were in Dallas back in April at the GM facility training their prep line to use a new product and we wanted to stop in at the RUF center but were unable due to time. So this will give us another opportunity to do so.

Let me know your thoughts on this, take care.
Anthony
Old 12-03-2005, 10:34 PM
jwlester
Rennlist Member

I would second any recommendations for Anthony. His level of knowledge on the subject goes far beyond most...far beyond just what works and what doesn't. He has had excellent advice and is one of the best listers I have been in contact with. MrSullivan...you have a gorgeous car. Anything German in silver is stunning.

Josh
Old 12-03-2005, 11:22 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
Good morning Jonathan,

First, congrats to you and your wife on your baby

I was just in Dallas! Moving my in-laws from the Dallas area to here in San Antonio. I know a few detailers in your area but honestly not sure if they are up to the type and degree of detail you are seeking.

My partner, Ron, and I would love to come out there and detail a few Porsches. Perhaps we can get together a "group buy" of a few Porsches and who knows what it may lead to from there? We also do paintless ding removal and we can schedule interior material repair.

Ron and I were in Dallas back in April at the GM facility training their prep line to use a new product and we wanted to stop in at the RUF center but were unable due to time. So this will give us another opportunity to do so.

Let me know your thoughts on this, take care.
Anthony
RUF is a fun place to visit now that they are here in Dallas. I know those guys pretty well and they run a great shop. In fact, I wonder how they would feel about you detailing Porsches at their shop for a small feel? A group buy with some Porsches on lifts at RUF getting details sounds interesting... Dont want to speak for you or for them, just brainstorming. Anyway, regardless of location, if you can make a trip to Dallas with all the appropriate gear, I am sure that I can interest a few other local PCA /Rennlist -types. I will email you and we can start figuring this out...thanks again for responding.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jwlester
I would second any recommendations for Anthony. His level of knowledge on the subject goes far beyond most...far beyond just what works and what doesn't. He has had excellent advice and is one of the best listers I have been in contact with. MrSullivan...you have a gorgeous car. Anything German in silver is stunning.

Josh
Josh,

You are far too kind but I do appreciate very much your words.

Thank you,
Anthony
Old 12-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
RUF is a fun place to visit now that they are here in Dallas. I know those guys pretty well and they run a great shop. In fact, I wonder how they would feel about you detailing Porsches at their shop for a small feel? A group buy with some Porsches on lifts at RUF getting details sounds interesting... Dont want to speak for you or for them, just brainstorming. Anyway, regardless of location, if you can make a trip to Dallas with all the appropriate gear, I am sure that I can interest a few other local PCA /Rennlist -types. I will email you and we can start figuring this out...thanks again for responding.
I like your "brainstorming" We would love to do something like this, especially at the RUF center so if we can make it happen let's do it!

I look forward to further communications.

Anthony
Old 01-05-2006, 05:59 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

I would be interested in this as well. I live in Arlington. If something comes out of this I would definately like to know.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Hey Danny,

Thanks for the reply, got your PM also.... If we can get one or two more lined up we can perhaps set a date and time and do this deal!!

I'll be in touch....if it looks like it doesn't work then I'll PM you a friends number.

Anthony
Old 01-25-2006, 08:44 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Anything happen with this?
Old 01-28-2006, 11:49 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

sorry was out for holidays, now getting back into the swing of things, let me post over on the 993 board and ask around PCA and see if we can get some interest....

Anthony, what would you need in terms of facilities, materials, etc. When you have detailed in dallas previously, where did you do it... we can try for RUF, but if that doesnt work out are there other options
Old 01-29-2006, 12:20 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
sorry was out for holidays, now getting back into the swing of things, let me post over on the 993 board and ask around PCA and see if we can get some interest....

Anthony, what would you need in terms of facilities, materials, etc. When you have detailed in dallas previously, where did you do it... we can try for RUF, but if that doesnt work out are there other options
Hello,

As materials go, we bring it all with us As for facilities, we would just need an area, much like a space at RUF, which is out of the elements and perhaps access to a nice floor jack and tools to remove wheels and such....which is why RUF would be a great place! Perhaps RUF can put together some type of "Spring Detailing Event" ??

If not, as long as we have access to a garage we are good to go. To make the trip worth our while we will need a minimum of 3 cars lines up for detail work.

Look forward to this working out.

Anthony
Old 01-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Bob/Ft. Worth
Racer

try scott hair at scottwax.com. he's here in DFW and comes highly recommended. I've used him for the paint on my black 996 and was very pleased. As I understand it, he's nationally known -at least so I've heard from others.

www.scottwax.com

Quick Reply: Where Can I Find a *Premium* Detailer in TX?