Notices

Leatherique product no longer needed:(

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 12:35 PM
Bigbwb
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Leatherique product no longer needed:(

So I recently bought the 32oz bottles of the Leatherique rejuvenator oil and pristine clean(from Autogeek) To be honest I didn’t think they worked any better than the Meguiar leather cleaner (pro detailer

line). Anyway, I’d hate for two almost full new bottles to go to waste, if anyone wants to make an offer I’ll ship them out to you for a fair price. I’ve got so many other products from here, I probably can do without this one

thanks!
Old 04-22-2019, 09:25 PM
Bigbwb
Instructor

Sold
Old 04-29-2019, 09:35 AM
motoo344
Three Wheelin'

Received 467 Likes on 329 Posts

FYI it really depends on what kind of leather you have. Coated leather generally just needs a good cleaning with some warm water or diluted APC. This would be a good product for something like uncoated leather. You can tell the difference by spraying some water on the seats, if it absorbs its uncoated if it beads and sits on top its coated.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:10 AM
Envious Eric
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by motoo344
FYI it really depends on what kind of leather you have. Coated leather generally just needs a good cleaning with some warm water or diluted APC. This would be a good product for something like uncoated leather. You can tell the difference by spraying some water on the seats, if it absorbs its uncoated if it beads and sits on top its coated.
solid advice right here
Old 04-29-2019, 12:23 PM
Bigbwb
Instructor

I completely agree! Im sure its a great product for the right application!
I plan to use diluted meguairs APC for future lightly soiled coated leathers. Any idea on how to remove the shiny look of some leather conditioners? Will a stronger solution of APC do it?
Old 04-30-2019, 09:18 PM
motoo344
Three Wheelin'

Received 467 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigbwb
I completely agree! Im sure its a great product for the right application!
I plan to use diluted meguairs APC for future lightly soiled coated leathers. Any idea on how to remove the shiny look of some leather conditioners? Will a stronger solution of APC do it?
This is my favorite by hand leather tool. https://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Bru...b-Brush-P1627/

Spray some cleaner or warm water on the seat and then gently agitate. Wipe off with your clean microfiber. An APC should definitely take it off unless its some sort of clear coated (shiny) leather. Generally, a lot of the leather I see is sort of an eggshell, its not completely matte but it also isn't blinding you from being so shiny. A good way to tell if your seat is clean is if you sit in the seat and it feels kinda tacky. If you are sliding around its probably full of body oils and dye transfer.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:17 PM
Bigbwb
Instructor

This is my favorite by hand leather tool. https://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Bru...b-Brush-P1627/

Spray some cleaner or warm water on the seat and then gently agitate. Wipe off with your clean microfiber. An APC should definitely take it off unless its some sort of clear coated (shiny) leather. Generally, a lot of the leather I see is sort of an eggshell, its not completely matte but it also isn't blinding you from being so shiny. A good way to tell if your seat is clean is if you sit in the seat and it feels kinda tacky. If you are sliding around its probably full of body oils and dye transfer.
thanks! I am starting to prefer the more natural matte look versus the shinier look after using a conditioner. From talking to more experts, with today’s coated/sealed leather, conditioners are pretty much useless and just sit on the top of the leather collecting more dirt etc.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:09 AM
mujeriega
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigbwb
thanks! I am starting to prefer the more natural matte look versus the shinier look after using a conditioner. From talking to more experts, with today’s coated/sealed leather, conditioners are pretty much useless and just sit on the top of the leather collecting more dirt etc.
I agree, once I use up the conditioner I have, I will switch to an all in one leather cleaner/conditioner/protectant.

Quick Reply: Leatherique product no longer needed:(