Notices

Hard Water drying aid products

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 01:01 PM
loneregister
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Hard Water drying aid products

Are there products out there that can aid in extending the drying time of my last rinse on a car?
Right now, it seems like I have perhaps 5 minutes or so between my final rinse, and water spots. So It’s a race to dry the car.
I’d like to extend that drying time if possible.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:13 PM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't think I have the answer, but am curious if you have well water or city water? The one thing you might want to look into is a water deionizer (
Amazon Amazon
).

I haven't used them as City of Chicago water doesn't have any issues, but heard good things
Old 04-07-2019, 04:51 PM
motoo344
Three Wheelin'

Received 467 Likes on 329 Posts

You can buy a wet coat sealant such as hydro2, hydro2 lite or Gyeon wet coat. This would replace your last step product and help protect your car. So you would wash your car, rinse it off without a nozzle on your hose, then spray the sealant on and blast off with the jet setting on your hose attachment. You do this panel by panel starting with the roof. After that you want to remove the nozzle again and let the water sheet the beading off. This should remove a majority of water so there is less to dry and you can dry quicker. If you have a leaf blower or compressed air you can blow the water out of the cracks, crevices and off the panels. If not, continue on to this step, buy a nice, large drying towel such as the CarPro or Adams Drying towel. Spread it out over the panel and gently pull it across to collect the rest of the water.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:56 AM
Myriad
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Optimum No Rinse, ~one capful per gallon of water with your normal car soap. It is an emulsifier that works for minerals as well and will soften the water. Any spots you do end up with should be much easier to remove as a result. The Rag Company on YouTube has several videos on the subject if you would like to learn more.
Old 04-14-2019, 01:47 AM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 39 Posts

I have a CR-20 Spotless water filter system which works amazing!

I no longer have to dry my car and it dries spotless.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:24 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,964 Likes on 2,044 Posts

Originally Posted by fejjj

How many washes are you getting out of the resin and I am guessing you use it with a pressure washer and on the final rinse only?
Old 04-15-2019, 01:21 PM
Envious Eric
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bxstr
How many washes are you getting out of the resin and I am guessing you use it with a pressure washer and on the final rinse only?
That is the proper way to use the CRspotless.

Any QD will act as a drying aid. Best way we have found is to spray it on the towel and then wipe the panel as drying.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:45 PM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Not sure how many washes I will get but I believe 2 bags of resin is good for 300 gallons. I only use it to rinse the car with a PW, so assuming I use 4 gallons per rinse, I should get 75 washes.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:06 AM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Question on the CRspotless. Living in a large urban city using a pressure washer is not really an option. So can I used a CRspotless with just a regular garden hose hook up to city water?

Currently I use a Master Blaster to dry, but it’s still a lot of water to be blown off in spite of trying to sheet the water off prior to dry

thanks!
Old 04-21-2019, 08:03 AM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Monetthecat
Question on the CRspotless. Living in a large urban city using a pressure washer is not really an option. So can I used a CRspotless with just a regular garden hose hook up to city water?

Currently I use a Master Blaster to dry, but it’s still a lot of water to be blown off in spite of trying to sheet the water off prior to dry

thanks!
Call CR Spotless.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:15 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by fejjj

can you explain, you are using a power washer with this to wash your car? Isnt the power washer bad for the paint and wax? I am looking to purchase one as well, would you mine explaining your washing procedure?

Thank you
Old 05-29-2019, 12:18 AM
Envious Eric
Former Vendor

Yes you can use a CRSpotless with a garden hose setup. I would use it only on the rinse phase though.

Get a multivalve on the in and the out
use city water to prerinse and soap and soap rinse off, then use the DI water through the system for the final flush.

This is method will save the resin for the important part, the final rinse, which should be around 10 gallons or so. (30 washes, 6-8 months)
Old 05-30-2019, 01:47 PM
Capt. Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 1,427 Likes on 783 Posts

I just use a simple in-line water filter for RVs and it works great on the semi-hard water at my house.

Amazon Amazon
Old 05-30-2019, 09:23 PM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Originally Posted by Envious Eric
Yes you can use a CRSpotless with a garden hose setup. I would use it only on the rinse phase though.

Get a multivalve on the in and the out
use city water to prerinse and soap and soap rinse off, then use the DI water through the system for the final flush.

This is method will save the resin for the important part, the final rinse, which should be around 10 gallons or so. (30 washes, 6-8 months)
Thanks so much
Old 06-25-2019, 02:11 AM
Rogueman1
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Quick Reply: Hard Water drying aid products