Notices

"BEST" All-in-One Spray Polish/Sealant Combo

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 12:10 PM
bosco42
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default "BEST" All-in-One Spray Polish/Sealant Combo

Looking for an all in one spray polish/sealant that yields the best results ( protection and glossy shine ) with minimum effort in between getting my car professionally detailed.
Thanks for your input.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:09 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

A unicorn.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:15 PM
SlickOne
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Old 11-26-2018, 12:48 AM
A.A.
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AMMO Hydrate. It's designed to be a stop gap between coating applications. It's not going to replace a coating or sealant, just help rejuvenate what you have on the paint.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:33 PM
Chuck Schreiber
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 81 Posts

Bought this from Phil, Finally used it last week.

WOW! easy to use, great shine, felt like there was Teflon on the paint..
Really impressed!

https://www.detailersdomain.com/prod...12279520821283
Old 11-27-2018, 09:08 AM
LexVan
Banned

The OP is asking for a single use product that can both polish the paint, and seal it. That's physically impossble to do. You can't polish the paint, while at the same time lay down a coating of wax/sealant. This requires multiple steps. Not just one.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:37 AM
Scooby921
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
The OP is asking for a single use product that can both polish the paint, and seal it. That's physically impossble to do. You can't polish the paint, while at the same time lay down a coating of wax/sealant. This requires multiple steps. Not just one.
Klasse All-In-One sort of does the trick, but it's still not ideal. It has very minimal polishing capability and in turn has very little sealing ability. Otherwise I agree with you. There is nothing out there which does it all. The tasks of polishing and sealing are quite different and nothing with abrasives for removing swirls is going to also be good for sitting on the paint and protecting thereafter. OP needs to work with a 2-step process when necessary or simply use an appropriate color wax (light or dark depending on car paint color) so it will fill and hide swirls while protecting between washes and full details.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:52 AM
bosco42
Rennlist Member

Maybe my terminology is wrong regarding an all-in-one spray
How about an All-in-One spray that cleans and polishes ......is that possible ?
In other words after the car is washed I see folks applying a spray coating that makes the car shine after the wash....what is that ?
Old 11-29-2018, 10:08 AM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by bosco42
Maybe my terminology is wrong regarding an all-in-one spray
How about an All-in-One spray that cleans and polishes ......is that possible ?
In other words after the car is washed I see folks applying a spray coating that makes the car shine after the wash....what is that ?
You live in a major market. Seek out a trusted professional, and have him/her detail your car. Then maintain, on your own, with good technique, and maybe revisit the detailer again in 2 years.

Polish= is paint correction. Removes swirls and blems. Creates deep shine. Allows true paint color to 'pop'.
Wax/sealant= is a protective coating

Ideally you need to:

Wash
Clay
Re-wash
Tape edges and trim and such
Polish (1.....2.....3....stages.......depending)
Wipe down with denatured alcohol
Apply final protectant product
Old 11-29-2018, 10:25 AM
bosco42
Rennlist Member

You live in a major market. Seek out a trusted professional, and have him/her detail your car. Then maintain, on your own, with good technique, and maybe revisit the detailer again in 2 years.

Polish= is paint correction. Removes swirls and blems. Creates deep shine. Allows true paint color to 'pop'.
Wax/sealant= is a protective coating

Ideally you need to:

Wash
Clay
Re-wash
Tape edges and trim and such
Polish (1.....2.....3....stages.......depending)
Wipe down with denatured alcohol
Apply final protectant product
i do have it done professionally but for the occasional time I want to do a hand wash myself what “spray on” should I apply afterwards ? Not looking to spend the whole day detailing it myself. That I leave for the pro.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:34 AM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by bosco42

i do have it done professionally but for the occasional time I want to do a hand wash myself what “spray on” should I apply afterwards ? Not looking to spend the whole day detailing it myself. That I leave for the pro.
I really like the Kenotek quick detail spray from Phil at Detailers Domain. Prior to that I always liked and bought Phil's quick detailer from Adam's. Both are very good. Make sure you use a very high quality towel too. As, or more, important than the spray.

Are you using a MasterBlaster to dry your car? They are awesome, and will extend the work quality of your proffessional guy's job. Ask Santa for one, if you don't have. Also buy from Phil.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:39 AM
bosco42
Rennlist Member

I really like the Kenotek quick detail spray from Phil at Detailers Domain. Prior to that I always liked and bought Phil's quick detailer from Adam's. Both are very good. Make sure you use a very high quality towel too. As, or more, important than the spray.

Are you using a MasterBlaster to dry your car? They are awesome, and will extend the work quality of your proffessional guy's job. Ask Santa for one, if you don't have. Also buy from Phil.
BINGO ! That's the answer I was looking for.
Thanks for all your input.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:50 AM
Scooby921
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If you're just wanting a spray on to protect and shine after washing there are a lot of options. A quick detailer is intended for a post-wash shine and general maintenance. I've not heard of Kenotek, but reading about it I think I'll add that to my list of products to try once I run out of my gallon jug of Griot's QD. If it's a combo spray wax / nano protectant I can probably replace two current products with that one.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:56 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

+1 for both Kenotek and for Phil, who originally recommended it to me.
I even use it on the race car.
Talk to Phil about using it for your specific application.
Attached Images  
Old 12-03-2018, 09:17 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

As noted, if you take the polishing aspect out of the equation and you’re looking for a light cleaner (not to be used after car driven in rain) that adds gloss I would give Griots new Best of Show Spray wax a try. Having now compared it with Chemical Guys, the old best of show, Pinnacle and a few others I would rate it at the top for gloss and ease of use. Smells great too

Quick Reply: "BEST" All-in-One Spray Polish/Sealant Combo