Notices

Needed: Recommendation for Electric Pressure Washer for Foam Cannon

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 01:03 PM
no-subt2
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Needed: Recommendation for Electric Pressure Washer for Foam Cannon

I would like to start to use a foam cannon to clean the Porsche. That said, which electric pressure washer are people using and recommended? Also which foam cannon is recommended?
Old 11-29-2018, 09:47 AM
Scooby921
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I think the top foam cannon is MTM Hydro though most vendors I've seen seem to buy it and put their own name on it before reselling...usually at a higher cost. I can't comment on an electric power washer as mine is gas, but I will advise you to watch the pressure and flow rate. Mine is too high and no matter how I adjust the cannon I always get too much water in the mix and something short of foam coming out of the cannon. I think it's at 3100psi and 3gpm, so aim for something less.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:30 PM
no-subt2
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What is the ideal range for the GPM? What is the PSI ideal range? Both for a foam cannon to work properly.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:02 PM
Esoteric_Detail
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

If you check out the chart on this page you can see the ranges... https://www.esotericcarcare.com/mtm-...am-cannon-kit/

And a video that goes over the MTM lineup...

HRE Wheels . Forgeline Wheels . BBS Wheels . Akrapovic Exhaust . Fabspeed Exhaust . KW Suspension

9801 Karmar Ct. New Albany, Ohio 43054
(614) 855-6855
Contact@EsotericDetail.com
EsotericDetail.com
EsotericCarCare.com
ESOTERIC on YouTube
Old 11-29-2018, 08:34 PM
Scooby921
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Esoteric_Detail
If you check out the chart on this page you can see the ranges... https://www.esotericcarcare.com/mtm-...am-cannon-kit/

And a video that goes over the MTM lineup...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj9B5Hq2CHE
Do you sell just the nozzle orifices? I believe my foam cannon came with the standard 3.5mm orifice and I later bought a 3.0mm hoping to improve performance. According to the chart that should work, but it doesn't. I'd like to source 2.5mm and 4.0mm orifices to see if going larger or smaller makes any difference.

OP, when you do pick a pressure washer I definitely recommend the kit Esoteric linked here. I upgraded my washer to the MTM SG28 gun / handle. No safety button / trigger to push down every time you want to spray. The safety lock folds up and stays up out of the way. Just squeeze and spray. It's amazing how one one little ergonomic change improves the whole car washing event.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:41 PM
caciquemd
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Kranzle/Mosmatic

I still have my gas washer, but decided to buy a Kranzle electric PW after trying some cheaper electric ones. The Kranzle is a TANK! I also bought the Mosmatic setup from the Obsessed Garage Store (I picked it up since I live about an hour away). I have the original MTM foam cannon. I have quick connects so it’s easy to setup and put away once done.
I’m very satisfied with the current setup.

If you can afford the Kranzle I’d go for it.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:06 PM
Esoteric_Detail
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

Just to clarify, there are two different types of nozzles:
  1. There are nozzles that spray water from the spray gun/extension lance. These control the flow of water as it leaves the spray gun. Check out this link for those nozzles.
  2. There is a nozzle on the inlet side of the foam cannon that controls the flow of water from the pressure washer. A less powerful pressure washer (less than 2.0 gallons per minute) will need a smaller orifice. See this link for a small orifice for foam cannons. For more powerful pressure washers, the standard nozzle in MTM Hydro Foam Cannons will be sufficient.

Quick Reply: Needed: Recommendation for Electric Pressure Washer for Foam Cannon