Notices

Paint Correction and PPF after Stuttgart ED

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 10:34 AM
renault4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Correction and PPF after Stuttgart ED

I am in the early stages of researching the purchase of a 911 (probably a TTS) and looking into European delivery as part of the experience. I plan to get a full paint correction/PPF install/ceramic coating and I am factoring in the fact that to be done properly it can take as much as a week or so. General experience over in the ED forum is to look for somewhere close to the Porsche centers in Stuttgart or Leipzig to minimize any time taken away from driving post-delivery as well as get the PPF installed as soon as possible. I know that if this were in the US there are many options where the provider can work with the dealer to perform the PPI and fold in the PPF install all prior to delivery, but that doesn’t seem to be an option in ED. My desire is to find a top-notch provider and factor the location into the first part of my drive itinerary, figuring to use that to get some of the run-in miles out of the way. For example, I have been looking at Topaz detailing in London as one possibility, that’s about 1000km away. So where would you go?
Old 09-16-2018, 02:08 PM
renault4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

of course, a potential "Plan B" would be to get partial PPF coverage done on the day of delivery in Stuttgart and wait till I take delivery in the US to get the full job done.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:52 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

That's what I'd do.

Quick Reply: Paint Correction and PPF after Stuttgart ED