What’s your favorite spray wax

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 11:43 AM
seffeed
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What’s your favorite spray wax

Hi all,

I’ve playing around with Adam’s and Griot’s spray wax. I want to buy something in bulk now since I use this stuff so much (after every wash). What do you use?

my car: 991.2 white C2S with clear bra, no nano coating/etc

thanks!!
Old 07-13-2018, 09:31 AM
Scooby921
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I've not used a spray wax, but when I was browsing around reading reviews and looking for product recommendations I saw Optimum (available by the gallon) getting a lot of high praise. If you're looking to buy in bulk (spend money) why not look at something like Gtechniq C2v3? It's a spray on / wipe off product like these spray waxes, but it's nano-particle based. It's not the same ceramic you get in a nano coating, but it is silicon. It leaves you with a more hydrophobic surface and one application will last a lot longer than your standard waxes.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:36 AM
seffeed
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooby921
I've not used a spray wax, but when I was browsing around reading reviews and looking for product recommendations I saw Optimum (available by the gallon) getting a lot of high praise. If you're looking to buy in bulk (spend money) why not look at something like Gtechniq C2v3? It's a spray on / wipe off product like these spray waxes, but it's nano-particle based. It's not the same ceramic you get in a nano coating, but it is silicon. It leaves you with a more hydrophobic surface and one application will last a lot longer than your standard waxes.

that’s a good suggestion. I’ll look into it. How often do you apply something like that?
Old 07-13-2018, 01:54 PM
froggert
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Optimum spray wax on my daily driver. It's easy to apply and seems to work well enough. When this bottle runs out, I'd like to try one of the new spray on wipe off products. They seem to be easier to use and last longer.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:02 PM
Scooby921
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I haven't started using it yet, but I intend to. They say it lasts up to 8 months, but it's designed as a top coat for an actual nano / ceramic base coat. I don't know if it lasts longer or shorter when it's the base / only coating. Once I start using it my plan is to apply 3 times per year on my daily driver and just 2 times on the Porsche. I don't wash and wax during the winter, so to protect the daily drivers I figure every 3-4 months during spring, summer, and fall should build up enough layers to last the 5-6 months of winter. March / July / October is my plan. My Porsche gets covered and stored from late October until April. If I coat it in April when the cover comes off it should be good all summer. Then a fresh coating before the cover goes on should just add layers as it won't see any sun or debris to degrade during the winter. Over time it should build up and last / protect longer.

I do have an existing nano coating on the Porsche (Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light). The hydrophobic properties are significantly better than the Klasse sealing glaze I use on my other cars. Most of the time the Porsche only needs a wash and dry to be sparkling clean. This is why I am going to switch from the polymer sealant and wax to the nano based coating. The same or less work, better water and dirt shedding properties, and longer lasting.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:35 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 158 Posts

I just bought a bottle of Gtechniq C2v3 Liquid Crystal. I plan to spray it on top of my Zymol wax and see what happens. Even if I have to spray it once a month, and it lengthens my wax life while keeping my paint safer, I will be happy.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:14 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I’ve tried several different spray waxes over the years and I still lean towards a very high quality quick detail spray which is enhanced with carnauba. My absolute favorite quick detail is Pinnacle Crystal Mist, I buy it by the gallon and use it to maintain the carnauba wax on my Porsches. Another great quick detailer is chemical guys P40 carnauba.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:09 PM
Esoteric_Detail
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

POLISHANGEL Rapidwaxx is our choice!

https://www.esotericcarcare.com/polishangel-rapidwaxx/
HRE Wheels . Forgeline Wheels . BBS Wheels . Akrapovic Exhaust . Fabspeed Exhaust . KW Suspension

9801 Karmar Ct. New Albany, Ohio 43054
(614) 855-6855
Contact@EsotericDetail.com
EsotericDetail.com
EsotericCarCare.com
ESOTERIC on YouTube
Old 07-24-2018, 05:43 PM
WyattsRide
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Esoteric_Detail
Just ordered Rapidwaxx and a couple MF towels. Didn't see the 10% off code until now. Damn!...next time!
Old 07-25-2018, 05:19 PM
Esoteric_Detail
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by WyattsRide
Just ordered Rapidwaxx and a couple MF towels. Didn't see the 10% off code until now. Damn!...next time!
Thank you for the order!
Old 07-30-2018, 11:58 AM
WyattsRide
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 104 Posts

Very satisfied customer after purchasing and using PolishAngel Rapidwaxx. Easy to apply and remove. Outstanding results.

Old 07-31-2018, 03:53 PM
Esoteric_Detail
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Great photo!

Quick Reply: What’s your favorite spray wax