“Convertible (Roadster) Top Detailing” - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
Concours & Car Care
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

“Convertible (Roadster) Top Detailing”

Old 01-19-2018, 08:42 AM
  #1  
TOGWT
User
Thread Starter
 
TOGWT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London,UK / Florida US State- Dazed & Confused
Posts: 863
Default “Convertible (Roadster) Top Detailing”

“Convertible (Roadster) Top Detailing” -
http://togwt1980.blogspot.co.uk/2016...detailing.html

Porsche Cayman Roadster
Automobile manufacturers are receiving warranty claims from owners of convertibles that have disintegrated prematurely. Often this can be attributed to an unwitting detailing professional or vehicle owner who uses strong solvents or other harsh cleaners on a regular basis to keep the convertible material clean.

Unfortunately, such harsh cleaning tend to break down the material and the stitching that holds the various materials together. They also offer no protection from ultra violet radiation (UV) which will result in subsequent fading from photosynthesis

The Haartz Corp (acquired Rode & Schwalenbert that was established for 105 years) the world leading manufacturer of automobile convertible tops exclusively recommends Wolfsteins Pro-Series RaggTopp ™ Cleaner and RaggTopp ™ Protectant Developed specifically for cleaning, re-proofing and preserving convertible tops
TOGWT is offline  
Old 01-19-2018, 11:47 AM
  #2  
shaggy
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Glenmoore PA
Posts: 85
Default

Originally Posted by TOGWT View Post
“Convertible (Roadster) Top Detailing” -
http://togwt1980.blogspot.co.uk/2016...detailing.html

Porsche Cayman Roadster
Automobile manufacturers are receiving warranty claims from owners of convertibles that have disintegrated prematurely. Often this can be attributed to an unwitting detailing professional or vehicle owner who uses strong solvents or other harsh cleaners on a regular basis to keep the convertible material clean.

Unfortunately, such harsh cleaning tend to break down the material and the stitching that holds the various materials together. They also offer no protection from ultra violet radiation (UV) which will result in subsequent fading from photosynthesis

The Haartz Corp (acquired Rode & Schwalenbert that was established for 105 years) the world leading manufacturer of automobile convertible tops exclusively recommends Wolfsteins Pro-Series RaggTopp ™ Cleaner and RaggTopp ™ Protectant Developed specifically for cleaning, re-proofing and preserving convertible tops
So convertible tops are fighting global warming by using sunlight, carbon dioxide and water to produce oxygen.
shaggy is offline  
Old 01-19-2018, 12:28 PM
  #3  
LexVan
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
LexVan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicagoland Area
Posts: 18,472
Default

Thanks, TOGWT, always solid concours posts.
LexVan is offline  
Old 01-21-2018, 01:12 PM
  #4  
gearFX
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
gearFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 164
Default

Thanks for sharing!
gearFX is offline  
Old 10-05-2018, 01:58 PM
  #5  
gheminway
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2
Default

TOGWT thanks for the link. Just to be sure, Raggtopp cleaner will not damage paint?
Gordon
gheminway is offline  
Old 10-05-2018, 02:04 PM
  #6  
LexVan
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
LexVan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicagoland Area
Posts: 18,472
Default

Originally Posted by gheminway View Post
Just to be sure, Raggtopp cleaner will not damage paint?
Gordon
It will not. Just remove quickly. And/or drape a few towels about to absorbe overspray.

LexVan is offline  
Old 10-05-2018, 02:16 PM
  #7  
gheminway
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2
Default

Thanks Lex. I’ve enjoyed reading your many insights.
gheminway is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 03:31 PM
  #8  
Detailed Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
Detailed Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 789
Default

Originally Posted by LexVan View Post
Thanks, TOGWT, always solid concours posts.
I look up to Jon maybe more than any other person in the detailing work. He's such a giving and knowledgeable person and we are fortunate to have him around.
__________________
Detailed Designs Auto Spa
We create long term auto solutions for people who love their cars
Perpetually updated thread with video/pics documenting 2018+ GT3 projects
Bespoke paint protection film services • Modesta Pure Glass Paint Coating Systems • Restorative Detailing & Paint Correction
Let us improve your Porsche Experience Center delivery Read HERE
770.648.6030 -by appointment only
[email protected]
Detailed Designs is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 01:53 AM
  #9  
DoubleDare
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
DoubleDare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 88
Default

Originally Posted by LexVan View Post
It will not. Just remove quickly. And/or drape a few towels about to absorbe overspray.
+1. Last last time I applied it, I got overspray on the windshield. Didn’t see it, so didn’t wipe it off before it dried. Then nothing short of machine polishing the windshield would remove it.

Next time, will be covering everything with disposable plastic painting tarps from Home Depot.
DoubleDare is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: “Convertible (Roadster) Top Detailing”


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: