Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 09:09 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Carpet Cleaning and Care

http://togwt1980.blogspot.co.uk/2015...-and-care.html

Carpet Cleaning and Care

An extractor is used for the deep cleaning of carpets; it forces hot water and detergent deep into the fibres and then draws it out with a powerful vacuum.

The advantage of foam over liquid is the minimum amount of moisture, very important for cleaning absorbent and moisture sensitive materials. Use foam cleaner, which should be given dwell time and then gentle agitation with a medium stiff bristled brush to get the product into the materials surface, the low moisture content of foam can then be easily rinsed and the surface dried.

When using a vacuum or water extractor always allow the machine to do the work, there is absolutely no need to scrub with the nozzle, or use downward pressure as this will greatly restrict airflow / suction. Instead place the nozzle on to the carpet or upholstery so that it makes contact lightly, this will introduce vacuum deep into the fibres and bring the particulates and soil to the surface for easy pickup by the vacuum.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:55 PM
ckarlos
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice tips. I use Folex for spot cleaning, and this product doesn't leave any residue.
Old 10-10-2023, 08:31 AM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 92 Posts

It is unlikely that my vehicles would ever reach the stage requiring an extractor to remove carpet dirt.

My vehicles are vacuumed after each usage, prior to washing / drying / covering before next usage.

There are two tools that are amazing for interior cleaning. I also use these when detailing normally-maintained (not maintained) family vehicles.

One is the DeWALT DXV10SA Stainless Wet Dry Vacuum. Not only does it do a great job vacuuming dirt, but I also switch it to blow and dislodge sooo much dirt that would never / could never be removed by other methods.

The other is the Libman 15 Small Scrub Brush. My daughters have dogs and dog hair embedded in the carpeting is horrible to remove. This brush makes it possible to eliminate all that hair contamination w/ normal effort.

It is also used to attain a uniform nap in the cargo area after vacuuming.

Old 10-10-2023, 05:01 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 594 Likes on 391 Posts

You know this thread was 8 years ago, right? LOL

Quick Reply: Carpet Cleaning and Care