Notices

Thoughts on the best sealant?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 01:11 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

this is a 100% subjective question. Where's the car stored, what elements does it see, how much time or money do you want to invest.

Nano Coatings are the rage right now. Want something like Ceramic Pro 9H on a car, expect to pay someone a pretty penny to do it. Want to do it yourself, make sure you know how to properly prep....

I was never a zaino or rejex fan.

My favorite waxes have always been P21S and Megs #16 (have cans of this stuff stored from when they took it off the market)

Current cars have the following:

Turbo (CarPro UK - applied myself)
'55 (Ceramic Pro 9H....paid a F ton of money, and they did 60 hours of paint correction)
MDX (Ceramic Pro Light)
Tundra (Megs #16....but it's about to get Car Pro put on when i get around to polishing it)
Old 12-07-2017, 01:21 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by soon2be993TT
Want to do it yourself, make sure you know how to properly prep....
Very true.......it's all about the prep.

But, keep in mind, not all (if any) of the true Profesional Nano Coatings are made available to us as a retail product. They are only sold to the real professional detailers.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:23 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sealant vs Coating

For many years (twenty plus) my polymer sealant of choice was Klasse (an acrylic polymer) I then converted to Zaino (a polymer) and used it for approx fifteen years, but today’s coatings (Optimum, Modesta, et al)provide far superior environmental protection (bird excrement, acid rain, and etc) and durability that can be measured in years, as opposed to months. These coatings are better than anything I’ve used in more than five decades.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:48 PM
ejdoherty911
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I just used Rejex sealant today for the first time and I'm very impressed with the result. Now we shall see how long it lasts. The application and removal was very very easy. 2011 BMW 328xi Msport. Washed, clayed, Rejex.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the best sealant?