Notices

Pressure Washers, what are you using?

Old 12-04-2017, 03:07 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Pressure Washers, what are you using?

I've been using an AR Blue unit for about 5 years no, electric, has worked good, but it's on it's last leg.

I hate how it's setup, it's just a pain to move around, doesn't store together well, etc.

I've had the bug to replace it lately, and forever had thought about going gas. Something that I can do fences, my driveway, etc with too. BUt peaking around
Amazon Amazon
last night these two electric units caught my attention:

Briggs & Stratton S2000P

Briggs & Stratton Electric Pressure Washer 2000 PSI 3.5 GPM POWERflow+ Technology, 7-in-1 Nozzle, 25-Foot Hose & Detergent Tankhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XKWF4DF/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Sun Joe SPX4001

Sun Joe SPX4001 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5 Amp Electric Pressure Washer w/ Pressure Select Technology & Hose Reelhttps://www.amazon.com/Joe-SPX4001-...rd_wg=VzMmq&psc=1&refRID=C74338038CKD967XMH7G

Needs:

Powerful enough to do driveways/siding/fences
Easy to move around
Foam Cannon'ing FTW
Old 12-04-2017, 04:07 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

I cant imagine putting a pressure washer on my Porsche. Its never that dirty. Even the wheels get nothing but a sudsy brush and a regular hose.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:49 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by points
I cant imagine putting a pressure washer on my Porsche. Its never that dirty. Even the wheels get nothing but a sudsy brush and a regular hose.
I wouldn’t wash a car any other way. Detailed cars for a living. Put ceramic coating on my Porsche myself.

Foam cannon via a pressure washer, wash, rinse with pressure washer and my RO/DI setup and watch the car dry spot free. Take wheels off and do undercarriage about 2-3x’s a year.

I also drive my cars hard; not afraid of dirt roads, etc. doesn’t sound like that’d be up your alley
Attached Images    
Old 12-04-2017, 06:19 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

I love my SunJoe 3000. It is the lesser model of the one you have posted. Many might say they are junk and you have to spend thousands for a good PW. I totally disagree. I have had mine now for 2 years. I wash a minimum 1 car a week sometimes all 3 so it gets a ton of use. I also PW my driveway about 1-2 times year and has been great.

I use a foam cannon as well and wouldn't think of washing my car any other way.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:35 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

thanks, you and I sound similiar, 4 cars in the house and my saturday AM therapy is getting away from the wife and 3 kids and washing a car. My AR383 has held up, it's just getting tired.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:40 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

I've been thinking about buying one of the set-ups from the Rennlister at Obsessed Garage. I think it's over $2k.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:56 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
I've been thinking about buying one of the set-ups from the Rennlister at Obsessed Garage. I think it's over $2k.
the irrational me wants to take one of those Kranzles and hard mount it into one of my cabinets and run all the plumbing and everything from outside.........but that'd just be another project i'd have to come home with purses for the wife for. My purse budget is low.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:29 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Originally Posted by soon2be993TT
I wouldn €™t wash a car any other way. Detailed cars for a living. Put ceramic coating on my Porsche myself.

Foam cannon via a pressure washer, wash, rinse with pressure washer and my RO/DI setup and watch the car dry spot free. Take wheels off and do undercarriage about 2-3x €™s a year.

I also drive my cars hard; not afraid of dirt roads, etc. doesn €™t sound like that €™d be up your alley
As a detailer I can't imagine having anyone using a pressure washer on my cars other than the foam cannon. It is the worst thing you could do and gets water into every crevice and causes all sorts of long term damage, rust etc.

I have seen all sorts of damage from people using pressure washers on older 911's to take a chance.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:56 AM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
As a detailer I can't imagine having anyone using a pressure washer on my cars other than the foam cannon. It is the worst thing you could do and gets water into every crevice and causes all sorts of long term damage, rust etc.

I have seen all sorts of damage from people using pressure washers on older 911's to take a chance.

I think it's all about how you use it. I'm not gonna put 3000 PSI up against a car. But I'll put 1500-2000 all day long. It's like using a rotary, they can be fantastic tools, but if you go careless, you're gonna **** things up
Old 12-07-2017, 10:05 AM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

I've used a Sun Joe electric for a couple years. No problems whatsoever. Foam lance is a must when I was our cars.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:20 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Yep just can’t get there. I figured I would try the SunJoe at like $300. Even if it didn’t last I could buy a few of those. To this day she is still running strong and couldn’t be happier. Also I will say that a pressure washer puts water in far less places than a garden hose will put. The pressure washer just lets out way less water. Also if tons, of professionals are using them to include using them on million dollar cars I guess it becomes a preference like manual vs PDK. There is no evidence that I have seen that directly connects paint issues with using a pressure washers unless used improperly.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:01 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,957 Likes on 2,038 Posts

I had one of the cheaper Home Depot versions for years. The aggravation though of even using it made me put it in my basement. The fact that there is no hose reel, a 20 foot hose, and a quite loud electric pump.

I have been considering Matt Moreman's solution @money2536 for many months now, really for a year since it came out and will likely purchase that solution next year. For $1500 I think it is the best way to get yourself into a quality product that will last for years as well as provide an enjoyable experience. Detailersdomain has been using theirs for years now too with very good results.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:09 AM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

How about some links to the ones you guys are talking about.

I'm interested in getting an electric one that is not cumbersome like the stand up POS I have now...
Old 12-17-2017, 04:51 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,957 Likes on 2,038 Posts

Originally Posted by SJJ28
How about some links to the ones you guys are talking about.

I'm interested in getting an electric one that is not cumbersome like the stand up POS I have now...
$1500 but this is a complete solution that will last you a long time. I do not have one, but would like to purchase one at some point.

https://obsessed-garage.myshopify.co...washer-package
Old 12-18-2017, 09:26 AM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pressure Washers, what are you using?