Our Favorite Porsche Detailing Products

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 11:57 AM
Esoteric_Detail
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

Curious about Paint Protection Film (ppf) for your Porsche? We had a moment to chat with STEK at our open house about their film and why we use it at ESOTERIC...

HRE Wheels . Forgeline Wheels . BBS Wheels . Akrapovic Exhaust . Fabspeed Exhaust . KW Suspension

9801 Karmar Ct. New Albany, Ohio 43054
(614) 855-6855
Contact@EsotericDetail.com
EsotericDetail.com
EsotericCarCare.com
ESOTERIC on YouTube
Old 06-24-2018, 10:47 PM
Feelgood MD
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's you're favorite/recommended wax? The rear deck lid of my 2005 997 had old decals on it at some point that had left visible markings in the paint (as well as an OEM Carerra S logo that was on mildly crooked over top of that :roll eyes: ). When you looked at it in certain light conditions, you could see the outline of a big fat R and maybe even a T which makes me think there was a goofy, non-OEM CARERRA logo on there at some point...and, worse yet, maybe even a GT3 logo which is nuts b/c the car isn't a GT3!! Anyway, my local body shop was able to remove the Carrera S logo and lightly sanded down the area between the rear wing and the rear bumper (basically the whole area between the tail lights where the logo usually goes) so now it's simply cleaner and de-badged back there. They suggested applying a high quality wax b/c they're afraid those old markings from the old decals will show up again if/when the surfaced dries out and/or gets significant sun exposure...and a wax should minimize that. I asked why they didn't do it for me, and he said something about not being able to use wax anywhere near their shop b/c it can contaminate the paint.

So what's the best stuff to use? He said something about a silicon based product (3M, perhaps) but couldn't remember the name. Or would one of the Meguiar's products or some other specialty brand be best?

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2018, 12:13 PM
Esoteric_Detail
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We would recommend POLISHANGEL Rapidwaxx -- https://www.esotericcarcare.com/polishangel-rapidwaxx/

Check out the video on the product page ^

You could also use Master Sealant and then top with Rapidwaxx -- https://www.esotericcarcare.com/poli...aster-sealant/
Old 06-28-2018, 12:50 PM
Esoteric_Detail
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hand-made coatings from Japan that have incredible results and are incredibly easy to use? Yes, it's true... hear from the man himself, Kai Morita...

ESOTERIC is proud to be the exclusive US distributor for KAMIKAZE

Quick Reply: Our Favorite Porsche Detailing Products