Notices

Can somneone try this wash method to verify and tell me what you think

Old 10-14-2017, 12:35 AM
Diamond Dog
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Can somneone try this wash method to verify and tell me what you think

I swore I would never get a black car again, but I ended up with one (Panamera S)

My goal is to not touch the car to minimize swirling.

I did the following and it seemed to work very well. I don't let my car get too dirty so not sure this would work for extremely dirty cars.

#1 I diluted 1/2 ounce of Optimum No Rinse into 2 Liters of water and put it in a pressurized sprayer that you can manually pump. Sprayed my whole car in this solution and then let it sit for a couple minutes.

#2 Used a pressure washer to rinse off. In other words, I am not using ONR as a waterless rinse, I am using it as a prewash.

#3 I used a foam cannon to foam the car with Optimum Car Shampoo and let sit on car for 3 minutes

#4 Use Wheel Woolies to wash wheels during this 3 minutes

#5 Pressure washer to rinse car off

#6 Use Leaf Blower to blow water off car and dry.

I did this without the ONR rinse the first time and it didnt work that well. I could see film and spots left. But when I added this step it seemed to work flawless.

I am paranoid about swirls so if I was going to wax my car, I probably would include a 2 bucket wash between step 5 & 6 so make sure there is no film left behind.

I couldn't see any road film left behind on this black car, but not sure how well you can see it on a black car?

Anyway, I was wondering if someone of you could try this method and let me know your results and post reply in this thread?
Old 10-18-2017, 11:45 AM
ProReflection
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first let`s identify what cause swirls:
- too much pressure....let the towel to do it`s job
- dirty towels , or not soft enough - keep them in plastic bags or clean box with lid
- wash mitt - we use soft mf towels and used for 1 wash, people get attached with wash mitt and that cause scratches. plus mf towel has 8 sides compared with wash mitt , 2

not touching the paint in your wash method, will leave an residue /film of dirt on it, and will build up.

anytime you wash the car you have chances to swirl the finish , all you can do is be pro active and minimize this chances by using soft clean towels, minimum pressure and quality proven products.
i hope this helps.... and to answer to your post, i will not use your method, it will fail

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can somneone try this wash method to verify and tell me what you think