Notices

Minnesota chat thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 03:51 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I'm good with either. I'm trying to find a decent place that's centrally located and has a good parking lot for us to meet.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:47 AM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Well, here's an option for meeting late morning and getting some coffee for a group social. We can park next to Caribou and when ready follow the route I have suggested below.

https://goo.gl/maps/qnNZ3dvnHEm

I think if we round up that time to an hour, it will be the group time to drive through intersections and keep up with each other to get to DCTC. We should try to meet at the parking lot next to Caribou by 1030 and leave by 11am.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:08 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

See y'all at Caribou (230 Spring St, St Paul, 55102; just confirming the address) at 10.30.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:01 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Sunday was great! Nice little turnout for the meet at Caribou and then for the cruise out to DCTC. We had a 2017 R8, a Gallardo, and an Infiniti Q60 Red Sport join us.

Old 05-06-2018, 11:36 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Alrighty, folks! Based on the positive feedback from that cruise from a week ago, I've mapped out a secret course that will eventually go into fruition. However, I will post up as much of the details as possible with miles, times, meeting points, and then a general idea of the route. With that being said, I would like to ask you guys and gals to start thinking about reserving about 4 hours of a day on the weekend for this little drive. I will drive it myself first and make sure it's all good, so that way we will all enjoy it. Also, if you have friends and family that want to tag along, please feel free to invite them to enjoy a nice afternoon drive on some back county roads. I would only ask that if anyone wants to drive with the group that they are respectful of road rules and each other.

I will be posting this same message on the Facebook pages, so feel free to share it however you like. All I will say right now is that the route I mapped out looks fun and may include some interesting stops along the way.

Stay tuned!
Old 05-12-2018, 07:44 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Did the test run today! It was awesome! I think we're all going to enjoy it in some way, shape, or form.

Send me your name (email, PM, FB message, whatever) and phone number as well as car make and model. I want to start a spread sheet to keep a count of the cars and maybe break them up into groups so we don't get lost or separated.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:48 AM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

The list of interested participants is now up to 30 or so.

However, not everyone wants to go on the same day which isn't a problem in my opinion.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:20 AM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

A couple friends (Chad Person, Ben Hertz) and I are putting together two events in celebration of Porsche's 70th Anniversary in a few weeks.

1) BierGruppe MN: We will be having a party on Friday night, June 8th at Bauhaus Brew Labs in NE Minneapolis. We encourage you to bring your Porsche for a special exhibition. (We ask that if you drink, you do so responsibly and do not drive if you’ve had even one too many)
Space will be limited for this event as well so please contact me if you plan on attending with or without your car.

2) Motor Place: On Saturday, June 9th, the streets of Linden Hills, Minneapolis will be filled with the best Porsche’s Minnesota has to offer.
A curated exhibition of local cars will be on display for all to enjoy. The event will start at 11am and end at 2pm. Exhibition car staging starts at 10am. Coffee, Beer, wine and soft serve ice cream will be available at Penny’s Coffee directly across the street from our event.
Please apply by contacting me via email, text or PM as the exhibition space is very limited. We are still in need of several cars to make our collection complete. If you own or know anybody who owns an excellent example of the following cars and would be interested in displaying them, please contact me.

60’s 911

We will also have space for Porsche race cars, so please contact me with what you have.

Thanks,
Luis

Old 05-23-2018, 09:23 AM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Luis, that is really nice of you guys to put that together. I really enjoy all the social events this club puts on for the Porsche community.

Weekend is looking good. Might have to go for a drive all by myself.... Or anyone can join me if you're game.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:50 AM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

This Saturday morning at 10am at the Hyvee parking lot in Lakeville closest to their gas station. We will leave by 1030 and head out on the route towards Red Wing where we'll park in front of the Red Wing Brewery and wait for them to open for lunch.

I'll be at the starting point by 10am. I also plan on doing this drive again on June 10th for those that can't make it this weekend.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:29 AM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Name:  d9MvH7x.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  68.6 KB
Old 05-25-2018, 07:46 AM
928S MN
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi David,

Nice route! See you tomorrow at 10am.

Paul
Old 05-25-2018, 09:26 AM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Looks like it's supposed to feel close to 100º tomorrow. Wear comfortable clothing!
Old 05-25-2018, 12:07 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

New website that helps people look for things to do that are related to car events: https://www.eventswithcars.com/event...ewery-lunch-46
Old 05-27-2018, 01:16 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Well, gang. That was a fun day! I'm glad we were able to meet and drive as planned. I'm looking forward to the next one on June 10th. In the meantime, I got a few pics to share. A few of my friends from the Nissan Z group came with, too.

Name:  tNLqfxe.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  39.2 KB

Name:  JmWjVMG.jpg
Size:  36.6 KB

Name:  MoXKXdf.jpg
Size:  288.3 KB

Quick Reply: Minnesota chat thread