Hill Country in April

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 10:09 AM
tfitch03
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hill Country in April

on

Last edited by tfitch03; 03-30-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:04 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This seems to be the least read forum on RL, but maybe a few will see this. tfitch03 has put together a hill country trip for April 10-12. Rented a nice large house for us to stay in as well. There will be several enthusiasts coming, but only Tom and I will be in Porsches, so we need a little more renn-love! Lot's of great driving will be done, including the famed "twisted sisters" (not a requirement to listen to twisted sister during this part of the drive) .

We are heading down from dfw friday morning, and anyone is welcome to drive with us, but there are also some that cannot make it until Saturday, so whenever you can make it would be fine. Others are coming from San Antonio, and possibly Houston, so everyone is welcome.

This will be a tame weekend, so your wives can rest assured! All you'd need to cover is your part of the rental, which is cheaper and nicer than a motel, and gets cheaper every time another person is added. Depending on how much interest there is in this, we may have to limit the number of people, just due to size constraints of the house, but we will do our best to accomodate anyone who is interested (i.e. I have a tent you can borrow, or you can bring an air mattress)

Please PM me, or tfitch03 if you're interested in being a part of a relaxing weekend with fellow enthusiasts!
Old 03-30-2015, 04:30 PM
Niels e46 m3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a good weekend. I may be interested. Details?
Old 03-30-2015, 08:03 PM
tfitch03
Racer

The plan is to leave Dallas Friday morning and take the scenic route down to Fredericksberg. Probably show up late afternoon, check in to the house, and grab dinner in town. Saturday morning the guys from San Antonio and possibly some others from Austin will link up at the rent house, outside of Fredericksberg, around 9:30. Hopefully we can hit the road by 10 and follow the route here. These are some of the very best roads in Texas.

From then on there is no real time hacks other than ending up back in town for either: dinner, whiskey, beer, cigars, stories, b.s., or a combination of those.There will be several stops along the route to relax and take it all in, or you can haul *** to the next intersection. I hope every person can enjoy it at their own pace and relax knowing help is near by should a breakdown occur. Sunday everyone will go their respective ways.

The Dallas folks are spending two nights, San Antonio folks Saturday night only, and Austin folks are day trippers as far as I know. If you are interested in staying in the house with us, it will be cramped Saturday night but cheap (PM for those details).
Old 03-31-2015, 01:06 AM
fasterlaster
Racer

I'm still in, and anyone from the Austin area is welcome to caraPorsche with me. I think I'll pack my camping gear just in case
Old 03-31-2015, 09:56 AM
tfitch03
Racer

Awesome! The house sits on a few acres so there will be plenty of room should you decide to rough it.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:14 PM
tfitch03
Racer

This is video I took from my trip last year. A little teaser of some of the roads we will encounter.

teaser two:

Old 03-21-2017, 05:35 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Alright everyone, the annual trip is on again! We will be driving the hill country on Saturday 4/22. Anyone is welcome to come and drive along with us. Only request is please bring a Porsche. Currently the unrefined Mustang drivers are outnumbering the sophisticated 911 pilots. email me at michaelstrammell@gmail.com if you are interested in meeting up.

heres a long video from last year if you're into that sort of thing:

(no speed limits were broken in the making of that video)

Quick Reply: Hill Country in April