Notices

Michigan Social Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 01:42 PM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Received 201 Likes on 129 Posts
Default something to do for porsches

has anyone checked out M1 challenge in Pontiac for there open track day?
Old 10-17-2017, 02:42 PM
tekkie
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

i was there twice this year its a great track, i will be going back again next year for sure

i am not sure about the nov 5th one yet but if i am home that weekend i may go
Old 10-18-2017, 08:46 AM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tekkie
i was there twice this year its a great track, i will be going back again next year for sure

i am not sure about the nov 5th one yet but if i am home that weekend i may go

I was thinking about trying it out on the 5th. looks like a pretty fun time.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:08 AM
tekkie
Pro

It’s a good time for sure, always abunch of porsche people there as well.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:05 PM
Scooby921
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I've done M1 once. I won't go back. It's a fun track with some challenging features. Unfortunately it doesn't have enough run-off for safety. It's fun while driving at 50-60%, but there is no way I'd push any harder. The reward isn't worth the risk.

This reminds me, I went to the 3 ***** Racing event on the 30th and finally got around to processing and uploading video.

Old 10-26-2017, 03:21 PM
tekkie
Pro

^ you should get track insurance for sure as you said there isn't a lot of room for error there in some areas

The first time I went I drove a couple of GT3's and a Huracan and I went hard on those, I was amazed by the performance and how it gripped.

The second time I went i took my C2 and pushed it as far as i could (which was probably 80%) but I also ended up doing a 360 spin in a turn but luckily didnt do any damage although as your spinning your eye catches the wall and your *** puckers up lol It certainly did not grip like the GT3.. .big shock right lol

The third time i switched to R compound tires and changed my suspension setup and it stuck much better and the *** end was not near as loose so i felt much more comfortable but still I am worrying about that rear end spinning out again. I have no traction control on mine which would have been nice as a beginner.

I am still holding out to see if its going to be raining / cold on the 5th, if it is I wont be going for sure because my tires will not like that.

For people going the the first time just ease into it and go at your own pace. But for sure its easy to get overconfident and make a mistake.

I will checkout your vids tonight we block youtube at work
Old 10-26-2017, 09:50 PM
tekkie
Pro

dang i didnt know about this 3 ***** thing that looks like a lot of fun
Old 02-04-2018, 10:24 AM
GDOG8
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone. I’m newish to rennlist and just found the Michigan area. I know it’s the dead of winter, but I would love to get out and find some decent roads to drive this summer. I’m in Milford.

-George
Old 02-04-2018, 10:47 AM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GDOG8
Hello everyone. I’m newish to rennlist and just found the Michigan area. I know it’s the dead of winter, but I would love to get out and find some decent roads to drive this summer. I’m in Milford.

-George
tekki, scooby and myself have done a cruise and i dont know about them but i had a BLAST and hope we do it again this coming summer.

I moved down to the lapeer area last year from the upper thumb area and if you want some wide open roads and scenery a trip around up by the water can be very fun and plenty of places to open it up a bit as well. Scooby's map he posted is filled with fun curvy roads.

Brian
Old 04-06-2018, 09:38 AM
Scooby921
Racer

-George
Originally Posted by ttt123

tekki, scooby and myself have done a cruise and i dont know about them but i had a BLAST and hope we do it again this coming summer.

I moved down to the lapeer area last year from the upper thumb area and if you want some wide open roads and scenery a trip around up by the water can be very fun and plenty of places to open it up a bit as well. Scooby's map he posted is filled with fun curvy roads.

Brian
Yup, post #12 has a route laid out on Google Maps. Once it gets warmer I'll probably round up some people for another morning drive. I think elsewhere in the thread I also mentioned heading west toward Pinckney and running a loop through Unadilla and Hell. That's one that GM, Ford, and most of the local automotive magazines use.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:54 AM
Scooby921
Racer

If you are interested in attending a track day (high performance driving event / HPDE) this year here is a schedule of events in the area. It is broken down by month, dates, track, organization (who you pay), and the available cost information. I did not list any dates for M1 Concourse. They want more money to run on a shorter track with less run-off. It’s not worth it. The 3-***** and Waterford events are day-long. Expect to have 4-5 on-track sessions. The SCCA events are an afternoon / evening where you get 2-3 on-track sessions. This is why they cost half as much. I don't generally run PCA events as they tend to be on weekdays and I'm stuck at work. I would also rather spend my money at a 3-***** Racing event where my wife is allowed to ride along. PCA doesn't allow passengers. Also, the 3-***** Racing group does give you a discount if you're one of the first few to register for an event. As I type this it looks like the July, August, and September events are still available at $200 instead of $245.

As of 5 minutes ago I'm signed up for the 3-***** Racing events on 7-July and 2-Sept. I hope to see some of you there.

Links:

http://3ballsracing.com/track-day-registration

http://www.waterfordhills.com/open-track-days.shtml

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/
  • April
    • 14 & 15
      • Gingerman
      • 3-***** Racing
      • $240 for each day or $400 for both
    • 21 & 22
      • Waterford Hills
      • Waterford Hills
      • $190 for each day
  • May
      • Gingerman
      • SCCA Track Night in America
      • $125
    • 26 & 27
      • Grattan
      • 3-***** Racing
      • $245 for each day or $420 for both
      • Waterford Hills
      • Waterford Hills
      • $190
  • June
      • Mid-Ohio
      • 3-***** Racing
      • $275
      • Gingerman
      • $125
      • Waterford Hills
      • Waterford Hills
      • $190
  • July
    • 7 & 8
      • Grattan
      • 3-***** Racing
    • 14 & 15
      • Waterford Hills
      • Waterford Hills
      • $190
      • Gingerman
      • $125
  • August
      • Waterford Hills
      • Waterford Hills
      • $190
      • Pitt Race
      • 3-***** Racing
      • $250
      • Gingerman
      • $125
  • September
    • 1 & 2
      • Grattan
      • 3-***** Racing
      • Waterford Hills
      • Waterford Hills
      • $190
    • 29 & 30
      • Grattan
      • 3-***** Racing
  • October
      • Waterford Hills
      • Waterford Hills
      • $190
Old 04-22-2018, 08:32 PM
GDOG8
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys! My car is coming along with new wheels, tires and suspension and the weather is turning as well. Although I have a few more major projects, I am hoping to be in full driving mode come June. Please let me know if anyone wants to do a run. I would love to participate.

George
Old 04-23-2018, 08:34 AM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Hey guys! My car is coming along with new wheels, tires and suspension and the weather is turning as well. Although I have a few more major projects, I am hoping to be in full driving mode come June. Please let me know if anyone wants to do a run. I would love to participate.

George
Im in the middle of a build as well but hopefully will be done within a month or two. I'm always up for a run and I have met a few Porsche owners in the area over the winter who mentioned they would love to tag along. Scooby and Tekkie are fun drivers so hopefully we can all get together and do a lot of cruises this summer
Old 05-23-2018, 01:45 PM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Hey guys, our church is doing a car show fathers day (June 17 2018) if anyone feels like hanging out with other car enthusiasts. I think it starts at 1pm and there is free hot dogs and burgers. I'm hoping I wont be the only Porsche there their will be some pretty cool cars and theirs a group of us in the church that have some pretty unique cars.

Just throwing it out there. I'm sure a few of us will go for a cruise afterwards.

11650 Shurch St.
Mount Morris Mi. 48458
Old 06-11-2018, 09:40 AM
Scooby921
Racer

tekkie, I forgot how loud your car is. I was on I-75 South with you this morning (in my Jeep). At first I thought someone was revving the hell out of a sport bike, and then I saw your car. I got off at Lapeer Road I and went to my office (which borders I-75). When I got out of my car I could still hear you somewhere along the highway in the traffic backup

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Michigan Social Thread