Michigan Social Thread - Page 7 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Michigan Social Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Ratchet1025
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ttt123 View Post

i have the fab speed intake, fab speed headers and i made my exhaust(see thread).. very free flowing and the sound is out of this world. I had a tune done by steve from fab speed but im pretty sure it didnt take and he was not fun to deal with. With mine being ab 99 i cant find anyone in the nation who will check or do a tune for me. I have called so many porsche shops for it . If you know anyone in your neck of the woods, please share lol With the mods done i would think a real tune would be a nice bonus. I have gone side by side with some stock 991’s and i pull away quite easily nicely.

didnt know i could swap to TB. Ill have to search for some info on it.
Since you have a 99 like me, there is no TB for you either. We are stuck with the IPD only.

As for the Tune, I worked with Frank from Tuning Tech, it seemed to take, but I am always worried about the benefit of a remote tune. I have been talking to EVOMs, and they work with a shop near Grand Rapids (Label Motorsports). I am hoping to get a hold of them and they can apply the tune and dyno the results. Will report back when I know more...
Old 12-01-2018, 07:53 PM
ttt123
User

[QUOTE=Ratchet1025;15468385]
Originally Posted by ttt123 View Post
The owner of the Porsche I'm painting right now /QUOTE]

Are you painting cars as a main business or side business? If you are interested, pm me with details if you can or can recommend someone who you trust to paint 911s. I need my front clip done at some point soon. Thanks!
I paint on the side. Iv been painting for about 15 years and it’s honestly just something i like doing lol im a programmer for my day job. If you want to come by and see my skill level and if its to you liking i can do the paint job. I basicaly charge enough for me to by car parts for my projects lol

id love to open a body shop and do it full time but i think id be to afraid to take a pay cut while the business grows.. although the last few years i have had more and more requests.

Anyway
Old 12-03-2018, 11:31 AM
andy7777
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey, would anybody like a set of Michelin Pilot Cup 2 tires in 235/265 40/19 sizes (from a 981) for very cheap? The rears are from 2016 and have tons of tread. The fronts are from 2015 and one is worn on outside tread. I used them for track days and maybe a couple thousand miles. I can't use them with my Cayman R, wrong height, and hate to have them sitting around. Two hundred or a swap of something fun, pick up in Oakland County.
Andy
Old 12-03-2018, 11:36 AM
ttt123
User

Originally Posted by andy7777 View Post
Hey, would anybody like a set of Michelin Pilot Cup 2 tires in 235/265 40/19 sizes (from a 981) for very cheap? The rears are from 2016 and have tons of tread. The fronts are from 2015 and one is worn on outside tread. I used them for track days and maybe a couple thousand miles. I can't use them with my Cayman R, wrong height, and hate to have them sitting around. Two hundred or a swap of something fun, pick up in Oakland County.
Andy
just ordered me some new tires last week. You list on Craigslist? Iv met a ton of local porsche people from there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Michigan Social Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: