Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Central Texas fun run

Ok, we're getting close.

James's electrical problems are solved.

Kevin, you fix the oprv?

Matt, it'd be great to see your turbo, I wish you were closer so I could help.

I just figured we'd start a thread under this title, in case anyone else notices and wants to come along. (T Max and others, y'all are more than welcome).
Old 10-08-2003, 11:28 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I need to take my lazy *** out there and get to work. I only have about 3-4 hours and it will be out. Maybe less depending on how many time I cut myself.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:51 PM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should have it by Friday. It'll go in over the weekend
Old 10-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Kidd
Intermediate

Found out I had an electrical problem, and that's why the fans weren't coming on. I'm getting that fixed right now. Matt I was going to bring it back by again but one of my hoses busted and i couldnt' drive it more than 5 miles before it overheated on me. Listen if you still need help with the car I'd love to give a hand.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:55 PM
Matt H
Race Director

I will let you know. I think we assumed you had more than one problem. Who is doing the work? Scott's Autohaus?
Old 10-10-2003, 08:14 PM
Kidd
Intermediate

No, this mechanic I take my other cars to. He's more of a rotory professional but I trust him with this car. He'd tell me if he didn't know what he ws doing.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Matt H
Race Director

I gotta get the RX running well enough to sell it. I had an offer from San Antonio but I need to get it to Austin.
Old 10-13-2003, 02:29 PM
Kidd
Intermediate

was it any of the guys that saw my posting on the RX forum? If you can get it running by Oct. 18th you can do the A&M run and then hop down to Austin and sell it. Just thinking since you'll have your wife there anyway yall can ride back up to Dallas in another car. The only problem is riding down there in 2 cars. I dunno just a suggestion.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:21 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm trying to convince Becki to go along.

Kidd, you going to make it?
Old 10-13-2003, 04:38 PM
Matt H
Race Director

It looks like I might bring my beat up old Regal down there and then ride with someone. My wife cant leave early enough for both of us to go, so she is going to meet me there. Nathan - no time to screw with Rx-7 right now. I dont know where the guy got the number, must have been the RX board. He sounds real young and is borrowing from his sister, I really dont want to sell to him (that is not a car to borrow money for).
Old 10-13-2003, 07:15 PM
goingboeing737
Burning Brakes

Matt,

Are you close to Love Field? We are flying barbie jets out of there and I could look at having ya go out of there instead of DFW.

What time of day are you able to get away? Flights still look full, but it changes all the time.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

Well I found the oprv problem, the damn o ring that is supposed to be on the end of it...ISN'T! WTF? Near as I can tell the damn thing just disintegrated. So, did ya know that there are 3 types of oprv's? Right neither did the parts guy at BAP/GEON. Well, since all I need is the o ring and the drive axles, took a dive...I'll kill 2 birds with about 300 stones! All in the parking lot at my office. Gotta love Porsche ownership.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:45 AM
Kidd
Intermediate

I'm not going to make it ont he 18th. I'll be in Austin and San Antonio at the end of this week. I got my car back today and it's running great for now. Give me about a week, I'm sure something else will break.

Matt you're right about that not being a car to borrow money on. But you know if you're just wanting to sell it, who cares how he got the money as long as you get what you want for it. He'll learn soon enough that the RX is one of those cars you have to take care of and put some $ into.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:10 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Are you close to Love Field

I dont care which airport. Love is just a few minutes further than DFW (depending on time of day).

I can probably break free whenever I need to but after 3:00 would be better.

Nathan - I dont like to take advantage of people when I sell them a car. I want to tell them exactly what is wrong with it and let them choose. In this case I dont want someone to be stuck with a car that might not run 3 months from now.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:10 AM
Kidd
Intermediate

matt you mis- understood me. I'm not saying sell him a broken down car. Tell him what is wrong with it. But it shouldn't matter where he gets the money. And with an RX-7 you never know if it'll run 3 months from now.

Well guys I'm driving down to Austin tomorrow. You guys have fun on your Texas fun run, I know I can't make this one. Maybe next time.

Quick Reply: Central Texas fun run