Can anyone recomend a good mechanic in Dallas, TX

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 10:45 AM
ARC Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Can anyone recomend a good mechanic in Dallas, TX

Hi,

I just purchased my first Porsche, a 2007 Cayman S. I live in Dallas, TX and I need to get it serviced. Any recommendations of where I can take it besides the Porsche dealership?
Old 10-07-2015, 03:01 AM
bui
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't comment on their service work, but Mayo Performance did a PPI on a 996tt that I ended up purchasing. The PPI was very informative and they went out of their way to help me.

http://www.mayoperformance.com/
Old 11-30-2022, 05:19 PM
RocketGuy3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm gonna bump this to see if people have anymore recommendations... Would be great if they were closer to the Richardson/North Dallas area, but can go further if necessary.

For the record, I've used JP Euro for a good while, but I feel like their labor rates are getting a bit rich for my blood. Though I suspect most people that specialize in Porsches or the like will have high labor rates.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:09 AM
hoofdpijn
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
I'm gonna bump this to see if people have anymore recommendations... Would be great if they were closer to the Richardson/North Dallas area, but can go further if necessary.

For the record, I've used JP Euro for a good while, but I feel like their labor rates are getting a bit rich for my blood. Though I suspect most people that specialize in Porsches or the like will have high labor rates.
RAC in Carrolton has a good reputation but I've not used them personally. I use Mayo for anything major although it IS a bit of a drive. They're not cheap but taking a car there comes with a lot of peace of mind. My favorite place on this side of town was Fix N Go in Plano. Danny the owner was a certified Porsche tech but he sold the shop a while back and I don't know anything about the new management so I wouldn't take a chance on them at this point.

The local PCA chapter (Maverick PCA) website has a list of sponsors including Blair Automotive in Carrolton and Louden Motorcars in Dallas both of which have good reviews but again, no personal experience.

If you find one you like on this side of town, please post back and let us know!
The following users liked this post:
RocketGuy3 (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 02:03 PM
way2fast91
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently purchased my first Porsche (996) and am also curious what other members are doing for service in the North Dallas area, even simple things like oil change. Are folks DIYing, taking to an Indy or Dealership for oil changes? I typically change my own oil on other cars, however I would still like to have a service place I can trust on standby and figure taking it there for the first oil change may be a good trial run.
Old 12-09-2022, 02:34 PM
Kitc2246
Three Wheelin'

Received 446 Likes on 332 Posts

Second the recommendation to check the local PCA chapter website. In addition to the list of sponsors check the DE Tech inspection locations. These are normally Indies that specialize in P cars who donated bay space for the PCA tech inspections.
RocketGuy3 (12-13-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 10:46 AM
Limey Hooligan
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I'd recommend Innovative Autosports in Carrollton. Charlie is the owner and a certified Porsche guy, they're heavily involved in race team support.
Great service at a reasonable price.
RocketGuy3 (12-13-2022)

Quick Reply: Can anyone recomend a good mechanic in Dallas, TX