Notices

Chicago - PPI recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 11:29 AM
Speedvagen
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Chicago - PPI recommendation

Hi - need some recommendations on a place to do a Pre Purchase Inspection on a 997. Thoughts on MidwestEuroSport or Drew's Garage? How about the local dealer like Napelton?

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2015, 06:13 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Eurosport is the place to go. They get busy though. I wouldn't go to Napleton or any other P dealer. Maybe the Exchange if you really want a dealer.

Other shops include Perfect Power, Olsen Motorsports (former Napleton Racing), Fischer Motors... a couple others.

I've never heard of Drew's Garage. Where is the car located?
Old 06-04-2015, 01:33 AM
Speedvagen
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks - Buyer decided not to sell so I am looking at cars in other cities.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:46 PM
ecarse
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the FWIW category, I take my 911 and my other cars to Drew at Drew's Garage. Drew has my highest recommendation. The guy is incredibly knowledgeable and has easily saved me, my friends and my family $10K+ in unnecessary repairs recommended by other shops in the 6 years I've been going to him. That is not an exaggeration.

I recommend the guy every chance I get to everyone I can. His shop always has a Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus, Lamborghini, Renault R5 Turbo, or something cool among the Hondas and Fords. The guy really, really knows his stuff, and spends a lot of time fixing other shops' screw-ups. He'll also explain what he's doing and educate you on your own car.

Oh, yeah, and he has personal, heavily-modified '70 911T in his lobby with a 3.0 conversion that he did himself. So he knows 911s.

Quick Reply: Chicago - PPI recommendation