Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Heads Up Display

Old 03-17-2018, 12:39 PM
bsklar
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads Up Display

Heads Up Display is a 1500 to 2000 option on new 2019 Cayenne. Have loved it on 2015 BMW X5 but have no experience with this option on Porsche? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:18 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

It's the very first time Porsche has offered it on any model, so you won't get any reliable, past-performance information on it.

The option is also facing supplier delays.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:30 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
It's the very first time Porsche has offered it on any model, so you won't get any reliable, past-performance information on it.

The option is also facing supplier delays.
The public configurator has a caveat about this option: limited visibility wearing polarized sunglasses. Any comments about it's usefulness in the daytime? I would imagine most people's sunglasses are polarized.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:47 PM
redbaron01
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hud works poorly wz polarized glasses ...I have 4 former hud units in Lexus and BWM's ,,, assuming Porsche has not re-invented the systm ,, its going to be a pblm ,,, The work-a round (limited vis) required you to move your field of vision laterally...Which was a p.i.t.a. ...Bottom line - Restrictions for users of Polarized lens wth HUD are problematic, but doable .
Old 03-18-2018, 12:14 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I had a HUD in a 2001 Corvette and even with polarized sunglasses on, it was simply awesome.

I loved it so much that I have had an aftermarket HUD in every one of my vehicles ever since.

Right now I have the aftermarket HUD for speed, that I had used in my 2012 Touareg, in the 2016 Cayenne and no matter the cost, if I were to get another vehicle and the option was there from the factory, I'd get it without needing to think on it for a single second as HUD for me is mandatory. Not needing to look down for the speed when it is right there, at the bottom of the windshield is the best thing ever invented for those who really like to drive and drive fast.

My HUD is GPS so all I need is to plug it into the 12V in the rear.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:48 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 158 Posts
Default What Aftermarket HUD do You Have?

Originally Posted by BenCD
I had a HUD in a 2001 Corvette and even with polarized sunglasses on, it was simply awesome.

I loved it so much that I have had an aftermarket HUD in every one of my vehicles ever since.

Right now I have the aftermarket HUD for speed, that I had used in my 2012 Touareg, in the 2016 Cayenne and no matter the cost, if I were to get another vehicle and the option was there from the factory, I'd get it without needing to think on it for a single second as HUD for me is mandatory. Not needing to look down for the speed when it is right there, at the bottom of the windshield is the best thing ever invented for those who really like to drive and drive fast.

My HUD is GPS so all I need is to plug it into the 12V in the rear.
Thanks
Old 03-20-2018, 09:47 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD
Agree. I loved it in my Z06s! When you have it, you really come to rely on it.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:46 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by redbaron01
Hud works poorly wz polarized glasses ...I have 4 former hud units in Lexus and BWM's ,,, assuming Porsche has not re-invented the systm ,, its going to be a pblm ,,, The work-a round (limited vis) required you to move your field of vision laterally...Which was a p.i.t.a. ...Bottom line - Restrictions for users of Polarized lens wth HUD are problematic, but doable .
Unless you have a Cadillac, whose hud works perfectly fine with polarized glasses.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:08 PM
Elphilly
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bmw HUD didn't work well with polarized glasses.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heads Up Display