Notices

V6 Twin-turbo 2015 and newer "S" Oil Change

Old 05-26-2015, 02:18 PM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default V6 Twin-turbo 2015 and newer "S" Oil Change

Ok so 5000 miles on my Cayenne S V6 TT so time to do an oil change.

Parts needed 9 quarts of Mobil 0W-40. Oil Filter P948-107-222-00 same as my 2012 997. However the O ring is not the same. It is thicker. Porsche Part No. P946-107-322-75. I could not find any Mahle after market that had the right O ring so $35.55 at the dealer for both. I had oil drain washers in stock so OK there.

I have included pics. Got oil up to temp then jacked up car and used my modified Jackpoint stands. See previous post. While up in the air I rotated tire front to back same side. Used the Castrol antiseize on lug nuts. 118 Ft Lbs

First remove bottom cover 10 bolts. Remove drain plug drain oil. The drain washer fell in the drain pan but I found it later. Wasn't going to reuse it but I always like to find all the parts.

There is a u shaped hose from I think the PDCC on a bracket. Yours may not have it.

Remove the bracket by unscrewing 2 10mm nuts that hold the bracket on.

Picture shows it hanging. You need to do this to give room for Oil filter to clear. Use 36mm socket to unscrew filter. Replace with new cartridge and O ring. Couldn't get the torque wrench to clear with 36mm socket I had so I used a Cresent wrench for final tightening.

Ordered a low profile socket on ebay for next time. I have done this so many times that I pretty much know what 20ft lbs feels like.

Replace oil plug with new gasket. 37ft lbs

Put everything back together. Put in 8.5 quarts of oil. Drove it around it finally showed 1/2 quart low. 2 more tries adding oil and it now spot on.

After you open the hood the measuring process starts over and you have to drive 6-10 miles till the system shows you the oil level.
Attached Images      

Last edited by deilenberger; 03-18-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: V6 Twin-turbo 2015 and newer "S" Oil Change