Sponsored By:

Resetting oil service interval using Durametric

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 01:09 PM
Darien
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Resetting oil service interval using Durametric

Sorry if I missed a previous thread about this.

I recently changed the oil in my 2011 CTT. The Service Interval shows time remaining. The problem is I cannot reset the Oil Service Interval using the Durametric.

Can the time be reset prior to the Interval expiring using the Durametric?
Old 09-20-2015, 02:08 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Does your service interval warning stay on or does it go away after a few seconds without you doing anything?

Starting with MY15 people have been reporting that they can not reset the interval. The main difference from the older 958s is how the service due warning acts. It used to flash up for a few seconds at start up and then go away, but now it apparently stays there until you clear it.

More recently older 958s have been reporting an inability to reset their service intervals, but in the cases I've seen no one has answered the question of how their service reminder is acting. The suspicion being that Porsche has flashed an update to those cars when they were in for service so they now act like the MY15 cars.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:34 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

That would suck because i bought my durametric primarily to reset the
three different service intervals (oil, minor maintenance, and major maintenance interval) for my 2011 958.

My Durametric has worked excellent for nearly 2 years when i perform the maintenance DIY.
I've had my CTT into the dealership periodically for the usual voluntary recalls.
There has been no change in my ability to reset via Durametric.

Keep us informed as you learn more.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:46 PM
Darien
Rennlist Member

The message only appears for a few seconds. I think I read where we cannot change the interval time but did not know that the Durametric would not reset the message😞

Originally Posted by gnat
Does your service interval warning stay on or does it go away after a few seconds without you doing anything?

Starting with MY15 people have been reporting that they can not reset the interval. The main difference from the older 958s is how the service due warning acts. It used to flash up for a few seconds at start up and then go away, but now it apparently stays there until you clear it.

More recently older 958s have been reporting an inability to reset their service intervals, but in the cases I've seen no one has answered the question of how their service reminder is acting. The suspicion being that Porsche has flashed an update to those cars when they were in for service so they now act like the MY15 cars.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:03 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Hmmm... I would expect the Durametric to work then. After going through the reset it should be reset to your interval (10k/365 days).

Do you have the latest cable and software?
Old 09-20-2015, 08:35 PM
Darien
Rennlist Member

Hmm. Cable purchased within last 30 days and just downloaded the current software.

I was able to reset all intervals (inadvertently) but the Oil did not reset. Argh

Hmmm... I would expect the Durametric to work then. After going through the reset it should be reset to your interval (10k/365 days).

Do you have the latest cable and software?
Old 09-20-2015, 09:08 PM
Rob VN
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you contacted Durametric?
Old 09-20-2015, 10:32 PM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I reset mine on my 2011 CS a few weeks back with no problems. Granted, it was before the notification popped up but it did reset it to 10K miles. This was done using the current version of the SW.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:19 PM
Darien
Rennlist Member

Default Update

Have been working with Durametric to get resolution. One of their Software techs helped by telephone trouble shooting and I sent them some data logs. Awaiting for their engineering crew for further word.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:22 PM
duncit
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Darien Nunn
Have been working with Durametric to get resolution. One of their Software techs helped by telephone trouble shooting and I sent them some data logs. Awaiting for their engineering crew for further word.
Don't get your hopes up too high... I've been waiting for their "engineers" to get my Durametric enthusiast version to work on my '13 Cayenne Diesel for two months! Changed the oil 2500 mile ago and couldn't reset the oil service indicator. They're "aware of the problem, and their engineers are working on it..."

Dunc
Old 12-14-2015, 02:56 PM
Klepper
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 138 Posts

I just wanted to report my experience here. BTW, my 958 service warning comes up and stays up until "cleared" by pressing the back arrow button.

I changed the oil on my 2015 Cayenne Diesel on Saturday, and I used my Durametric Enthusiast version to reset the oil interval. It reset it without any problems. It now shows 5,000 miles until the next oil service. The warning no longer comes up.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:51 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

If Darien and duncit are still around I have a question for them.

How does your MFD act when you turn the key to the On position without cranking?

I traded some emails with Durham trying to help someone local to me that can't reset their 2013 CD. One thing I noticed compared to mine is that without the engine running the MFD just shows the Cayenne logo where mine gives me full access to the MFD functions.

Durham said this was indicative of the cluster being in a weird state and needs to be reset. So far, however, they haven't gotten his cluster to reset. Durham suggested a hard reset of the cluster by pulling the fuse, but so far I don't think they've gone to that extreme level.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:15 PM
deekay911
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

So far, however, they haven't gotten his cluster to reset. Durham suggested a hard reset of the cluster by pulling the fuse, but so far I don't think they've gone to that extreme level.
Why would that be considered 'extreme'?? Takes 30 seconds with no downside.....
Old 12-17-2015, 12:23 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Klepper
I just wanted to report my experience here. BTW, my 958 service warning comes up and stays up until "cleared" by pressing the back arrow button.

I changed the oil on my 2015 Cayenne Diesel on Saturday, and I used my Durametric Enthusiast version to reset the oil interval. It reset it without any problems. It now shows 5,000 miles until the next oil service. The warning no longer comes up.
interesting. Maybe I'll give it another try
Old 12-17-2015, 12:31 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by deekay911
Why would that be considered 'extreme'?? Takes 30 seconds with no downside.....
'Extreme' in that you do lose some preference settings and that it doesn't let Durham continue to try to debug and resolve the issue.

Quick Reply: Resetting oil service interval using Durametric