2004 Cayenne warning brake proportioning

Old 10-25-2015, 09:34 PM
BlackCayenne
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Cayenne warning brake proportioning

Hi i have Porsche cayenne 2004 V8 cylinder
Put a new battery in and went to start
BUT now I have the brake proportioning light with abs and 4*4 and the red brake light flashing and the transmission stuck on park
I have checked everything ( the wire under the carpet and under the seats both side) all good
any Ideas THANKS
Old 06-26-2016, 12:50 AM
Fabianrou
Advanced

Just got the brake proportioning light with abs and 4*4 and the red brake light flashing tonight. This happened right after I was switching the key on and off a few times trying to check something else. I guess it didn't like that. Seems that the wires are the issue according to most posts. I tried to remove the faults with DURAMETRIC with no success. Can you tell me exactly where the wires are? Are they in the same spot as the passenger side in the picture but in the driver's side or the wires people refer to are higher up toward the engine "dead pedal" area? Have you cleaned your drains lately?

Old 08-14-2017, 08:54 PM
PorscheMonster
Intermediate

Same exact issue happens to me after leaving my Porsche Cayenne V8 2004 sitting for 3 weeks in an outdoor parking area.. I unplugged the strangely designed water caps near my under body of the front wheels and water gushed out but my car was perfectly dry inside. I could not move my shift **** and got a flashing brake proportioning warning light along with a ton of other lights. I let the car run for about a half hour and turned it off again and back on and the lights flashed a few more times and finally went off on its own... Wiring under driver side carpet was bone dry...I thought rats must have ate something or rain from this poorly designed thing got into the car and ruined my wires...my check engine light stood on after all the rest disappeared so I popped out my obd tool and found a generic check engine code that said it would cost $10 or some crap.... I erased the check engine code and BAM my yellow check engine bulb and problems seem to be solved. I'm worried and might get my engine oil changed just to stay on the safe side.

I took a screenshot while all of this happend check it out

Old 08-14-2017, 09:05 PM
PorscheMonster
Intermediate

I couldn't find that drain.. Could someone point me to where I could find it I bet theirs tons of water trapped there as well!
Originally Posted by Fabianrou
Just got the brake proportioning light with abs and 4*4 and the red brake light flashing tonight. This happened right after I was switching the key on and off a few times trying to check something else. I guess it didn't like that. Seems that the wires are the issue according to most posts. I tried to remove the faults with DURAMETRIC with no success. Can you tell me exactly where the wires are? Are they in the same spot as the passenger side in the picture but in the driver's side or the wires people refer to are higher up toward the engine "dead pedal" area? Have you cleaned your drains lately?

Old 06-16-2019, 05:28 PM
Ranjeet Chugh
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have this same issue in my 05 cayenne ...it is in the shop and won't start...any ideas how to make it run and what the issue was?
Old 06-17-2019, 08:09 AM
Avec
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

There are three pairs of wires on the drivers side that terminate in the bundle, with all the others running front to back. The two ends are just twisted together and taped. To make it worse, the tape is cloth electrical tape, so when it gets wet, it holds the moisture. To fix, just trim the wires back, to remove the corrosion, twist them back together and put something on to protect them. It is much more difficult to get to the wiring bundle than the actual repair. I am pretty sure there are similarly terminated wires on the passenger side, but I have not had to repair those yet, so not sure.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:55 PM
Ranjeet Chugh
6th Gear

thank you, you were right, all the 3 were corroded, my mechanic repaired the wires and now the battery is very weak and being charged as car has been sitting for the last 10 days....

hope this will resolve the issue..

thanks,
Old 06-18-2019, 04:13 AM
Wisconsin Joe
Nordschleife Master

Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranjeet Chugh
thank you, you were right, all the 3 were corroded, my mechanic repaired the wires and now the battery is very weak and being charged as car has been sitting for the last 10 days....

hope this will resolve the issue..

thanks,
If the stupid 'twisted and taped" connections were corroded, then fixing them should fix it.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:06 AM
Ranjeet Chugh
6th Gear

fixed the three wires but car would not start as there is no brake light signal...next step is to check that....fyi...
Old 06-19-2019, 11:07 AM
Ranjeet Chugh
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Wisconsin Joe
If the stupid 'twisted and taped" connections were corroded, then fixing them should fix it.
fixed the three wires but car would not start as there is no brake light signal...next step is to check that....fyi...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 Cayenne warning brake proportioning