Add aftermarket sub and amp to 2016 cayenne - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Add aftermarket sub and amp to 2016 cayenne

Old 04-28-2015, 12:49 PM   #1
anandjs2
New User

Default Add aftermarket sub and amp to 2016 cayenne

I searched through the threads and couldnt find any info on this.

Just got my 2016 Cayenne and as I painfully realized its all fiber optics. Its got the Bose audio with the little puppy sub in the wheel well which is good for nothing. I have a JL 5 channel amp and JL sub that I was hoping to put in there. Would love to swap out the stock speakers as well, but I could live with it for now. I did find from some other thread that instead of playing around with the fiber optics, it might be easier to tap into the analog cable going into the bose sub and run it into a Line out Converter (LOC) and into my JL amp. Question is, could this be done?

How about the remote turn on? which wire could I use for that? The studded box in the pic is stock amp for sub. Connector on the right is input into the entire sub/amp assembly in wheel well. Connector on left is input into the stock amp and output (red/green) into sub. The cables doesnt look fiber to me. If they are analog, is it right to assume Orange and black is +-12V and can I use the same to power my JL amp without blowing a fuse. What are the purple, yellow and white wires? I know two are signal and one prolly remote turn on. The red/green cable is output into the stock sub

Please, any advise on how to wire with minimal mods would be highly appreciated.
Attached Images

anandjs2 is offline   Reply With Quote