Notices

Shop Listings

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 01:36 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts
Question Shop Listings

I'm considering creating a thread here for rating Porsche shops - both dealership and independent. The goal will be to have shops we can use when traveling. Right now -- if I'm traveling in my Cayenne -- I'm pretty much clueless in what shops are good, honest and competent. Especially shops that will work on or specialize in Cayenne repairs.

The format I'm thinking of using will be:

TITLE: Country, State/Region, City, Shopname - ie: "USA, California, San Fernando Valley, Van Nuys, FuddyDuddy Powersports"

Body of the message:
  • Shop contact information: Phone # and who to speak with.
  • Shop address information: Specific address info good enough to find the shop using a Cayenne GPS
  • Shop Type: Dealer, Independent, Other
  • Shop Specialty: Do they specialize in certain cars/models, or are they a general foreign car repair shop. Do they just do transfer cases or will they do all Cayenne repairs. Are they especially good in electronics or another specialty?
  • Mechanics: Number and training, and is there one in particular you'd recommend
  • Speed: How quickly do they accept and begin work, and do they finish work in the time they projected
  • Shop rate: Labor cost per hour. "Flat-rate" or actual time (almost any decent mechanic can beat flat-rate..)
  • Shop equipment: Lifts, specialized tools, anything needed to complete a job.
  • Shop allows customer to supply parts? Is there a different labor charge if customer supplies parts?
  • Shop website, email address
  • Overall impression of the shop
  • Job done to your satisfaction?
  • Job completed on time?
  • Job completed with no surprises (vs estimate) and on budget re the estimate.
That's a rough idea of what I'd hope to gather on each shop, and even the same shop by multiple users. It will not be a place to vent gripes with specific shops or dealerships - it is for RECOMMENDED shops. Postings will be subject to editing by me for uniformity and accuracy. NEGATIVE reviews will likely be removed, but that depends on why they're negative.

Thoughts? This thread will disappear when the idea is accepted or rejected. The reason to put it in the DIY subforum is this forum is for all models of Cayenne.

Let me know what you think - here or via PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by deilenberger:
daddiojiggy16 (01-04-2023), heymatey (12-09-2023)
Old 05-16-2019, 03:11 AM
phatz
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts

Great idea
Old 01-25-2021, 06:49 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts
Default USA, NJ, Philly burbs, Burlington NJ, Provost Motorsports

• Shop contact information: 609-298-3555, info@provostmotorsports.com
  • Shop address information: 850 Route 206, Bordentown NJ 08505. On Rt 206 SOUTH, right side, look for the Mieneke sign, they share the building.
  • Shop Type: Independent
  • Shop Specialty: All Porsche models. They also list Mercedes and BMW, but 95% of the cars there were Porsches.
  • Mechanics: 2 mechanics. I dealt with Max and that was a good experience
  • Speed: Took job in 2 days, took a few days to complete it, due partly to the nature of the job, and partly since I told them there was NO rush at all.
  • Shop rate: Actual time. Somewhere around $100/hour (I'd have to look.)
  • Shop equipment: Has multiple lifts and appears well equipped.
  • Shop allows customer to supply parts? Dunno, didn't come up.
  • Shop website, https://www.provostmotorsports.com/ info@provostmotorsports.com
  • Overall impression of the shop: Excellent work, good communications, fair price.
  • Job done to your satisfaction? Yes
  • Job completed on time? Yes
  • Job completed with no surprises (vs estimate) and on budget re the estimate. Yes - no surprises.
My dealings with them were a positive experience. I'll be using them again. They were recommended to me by a competitor (who was too busy to take my work).

Last edited by deilenberger; 01-25-2021 at 07:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
daddiojiggy16 (01-04-2023)

Quick Reply: Shop Listings