Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   DIY - Cayenne (955/957) (https://rennlist.com/forums/diy-cayenne-955-957-267/)
-   -   955/957 Cayenne DIY: Cayenne V6 Crankshaft sensor replacement (https://rennlist.com/forums/diy-cayenne-955-957/1076326-955-957-cayenne-diy-cayenne-v6-crankshaft-sensor-replacement.html)

ChiCampbell 06-16-2018 07:33 PM

Now that I completed the replacement, here is the process for the 3.2L V6:

1) remove the front underneath splash guard; Phillips screw driver and M10 socket
2) remove the drivers side fender engine bay cover
3) remove the front drivers side engine bay cover
4) remove the air filter cover and front piping (drivers side)
5) on the drivers side top of engine the radiator hose and another hose are fastened mid engine, remove from fasteners
6) go underneath, the crankshaft sensor is located on the driver side, to the right of the oil filter/cooler in the oil filter bracket - there is a wire coming from the sensor to the front of the engine
7) using a 27 torx remove the single sensor screw and pry the sensor from the engine
8) still underneath on the front end of the oil filter housing there is a bracket holding the sensor connection. Using a long screw drive push the connection out of the bracket. There is a narrow space behind a pump to reach it.
9) from the top pull up the connection and separate
10) from underneath remove the sensor by pulling towards the magnetic end
11) from underneath fish the new sensor connection behind the oil cooler towards the front.
12) from the top grab the new connection and plug it in.. up to you if you want to put it back in the bracket, I did not
13) from underneath put Vaseline on the magnetic piece and insert into engine.. must do by feel as it is really hard to see it in the bracket, be sure the wire comes from the back of the magnetic end towards the front
14) reinstall the 27 torx screw
15) replace air filter cover, hose fasteners and engine covers

All done!! good luck

Andrius Klopotas 01-03-2019 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by ChiCampbell (Post 15088355)
Now that I completed the replacement, here is the process for the 3.2L V6:

1) remove the front underneath splash guard; Phillips screw driver and M10 socket
2) remove the drivers side fender engine bay cover
3) remove the front drivers side engine bay cover
4) remove the air filter cover and front piping (drivers side)
5) on the drivers side top of engine the radiator hose and another hose are fastened mid engine, remove from fasteners
6) go underneath, the crankshaft sensor is located on the driver side, to the right of the oil filter/cooler in the oil filter bracket - there is a wire coming from the sensor to the front of the engine
7) using a 27 torx remove the single sensor screw and pry the sensor from the engine
8) still underneath on the front end of the oil filter housing there is a bracket holding the sensor connection. Using a long screw drive push the connection out of the bracket. There is a narrow space behind a pump to reach it.
9) from the top pull up the connection and separate
10) from underneath remove the sensor by pulling towards the magnetic end
11) from underneath fish the new sensor connection behind the oil cooler towards the front.
12) from the top grab the new connection and plug it in.. up to you if you want to put it back in the bracket, I did not
13) from underneath put Vaseline on the magnetic piece and insert into engine.. must do by feel as it is really hard to see it in the bracket, be sure the wire comes from the back of the magnetic end towards the front
14) reinstall the 27 torx screw
15) replace air filter cover, hose fasteners and engine covers

All done!! good luck

maybe you know or its the same procedures to cayenne v6 3.6 eingine?