957 Cayenne DIY: '08 Turbo Front Brake Pads DIY Video

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 11:30 AM
dc2000
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 957 Cayenne DIY: '08 Turbo Front Brake Pads DIY Video

Hello Rennlisters,

I decided to make a DIY tutorial for how to change the brake pads on a 2008 Cayenne Turbo. These calipers are different from other turbos in that you must remove the calipers to change the brake pads. Also, this might help others, so I'll share my thoughts on brake pads. Avoid the TRW ceramic pads! They squeal badly and don't fit the calipers perfectly. As a result, the pads shift slightly when you go from reverse to drive and vice versa. I swapped these out for Textar pads and am very satisfied with them for daily driving. Hope this video helps some of you out there!

Old 11-25-2018, 10:03 AM
eagle-co94
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What size rotors did your CTT come with? I just had a long chat with Auto Anything and they tried to tell me my 08 CTT has 13.8" rotors. They also told me they didn't know of any German company that made rotors so he pushed the EBC Ultimax claiming they were the only option. Funny part is that the website itself said I have 14.5" rotors and shows 3 different levels of EBC rotors!
Old 10-15-2019, 10:34 AM
htwo.u
1st Gear

Originally Posted by dc2000
Hello Rennlisters,

I decided to make a DIY tutorial for how to change the brake pads on a 2008 Cayenne Turbo. These calipers are different from other turbos in that you must remove the calipers to change the brake pads. Also, this might help others, so I'll share my thoughts on brake pads. Avoid the TRW ceramic pads! They squeal badly and don't fit the calipers perfectly. As a result, the pads shift slightly when you go from reverse to drive and vice versa. I swapped these out for Textar pads and am very satisfied with them for daily driving. Hope this video helps some of you out there!
Thanks for the thread, dc2000! You're one of the reasons my husband bought our 2008 Cayenne Turbo, which is my daily driver.. We'll be DIY'ing it's first brake job this weekend after getting a $2k quote from our service shop. We'll end up saving about $1500!
Old 06-04-2020, 11:05 AM
22Diesel
5th Gear

Default I need help with ‘13 rear brake job with EPB

Can anyone explain if there is a way to safely manually unwind the electronic parking brake so that I can replace the rear rotors?
Old 06-05-2020, 12:26 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by 22Diesel
Can anyone explain if there is a way to safely manually unwind the electronic parking brake so that I can replace the rear rotors?
22Diesel - welcome to the Cayenne forums. It would be more productive if you posted this question in the general Cayenne tech forums (there are 3 - for different models/years). I see your vehicle isn't a 957 so chances of getting a useful response here are slim - the thread is for 957 vehicles - which use an entirely mechanical parking brake.

All posts in this forum are supposed to be turned off to general posting - apparently, I missed this one - I'll fix that right now.

Quick Reply: 957 Cayenne DIY: '08 Turbo Front Brake Pads DIY Video