Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 01:13 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 171 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Swapping the shift ****

Originally Posted by deilenberger
You DID document this for a DIY right?
Oh for sure..... I thought I was going to have to drain $200 for a used ****. Figured it's impossible to break it that easy.

Or..... everyone send me your broken shift *****, I'm going to be an Ebay millionaire

1. Pry button underneath to pull it forward.
2. With small flathead, press into small hole underneath. Will click.
3. From the side of button push the silver button away from **** to expose inside.
4. Look in from the side and separate silver button at the top which will remove botton.
5. Pull on the mechanism forward, away from **** with fingers and hold.
6. Look behind the plastic wheel and shake the **** so the metal plunger moves toward the wheel. You will see an obvious gap between wheel and plunger.
7. Use small flathead to push plunger forward, away from the **** and toward the wheel. Push hard, it will click and lock in position. Button mechanism should now stay locked forward without springing back in.
8. Put **** back on the shifter, ALL THE WAY DOWN.
9. Lock the **** ring on bottom to ensure it doesn't slip up.
10. Align silver button at the bottom release hole, then bring the top toward the ****. Push hard on the silver button and it will lock in place. YOU MUST REINSTALL SILVER BUTTON COVER WHILE ON THE SHIFTER, OTHERWISE YOU HAVE TO PULL IT OUT AGAIN.
Attached Images      
Old 06-27-2020, 07:24 PM
Slickdvl
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...-shifting.html
used this method. Hold **** upside down and wedge small pick and lever the **** out a bit, you will see a little indent. I wedged a screw driver in between the silver button and **** To hold it in place while I grabbed another flathead to push into the divot. You almost have to push and lever into this divot to uncouple silver button and the mechanism behind it. You can then get a hook or something and pull the whole button out slowly from each side (left and right). There’s another coupling at the bottom but it should detach once the top and sides are out. Should look like below

This is kind of what you should see when you take off the silver button. Mine was a little more out then needs to be because I pulled this piece out completely. You don’t need to do that tho - leave this out a little but don’t pull out completely.

This is the piece that gets unlocked - it’s a hook that should lock into place. Using picture above, get some kind of metal pick or flat head and lock this hook into place. When you first open, this piece will be flopping around. If you are holding the **** like the picture, just pull this hook downward till it locks into place and doesn’t wobble.

Side shot after pulling silver **** off. Use a screwdriver to lock the hook from this side opening.
Once everything is locked - don’t replace button til it’s back on car. If the car is in park you can pull up on the loop and shift like normally to put in easier position to work. Slide the **** all the way down , making sure no gaps where it meets the assembly, play with plastic if it’s not letting it through. Then you can bring in the button, I started from top, but kinda straight on, and then pushed in from bottom. You should now feel like button is working. Don’t forget to lock/rotate bottom piece
Old 06-28-2020, 02:36 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

It's now in the DIY forum also.. https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...hift-****.html