Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2023 Cayenne Engine Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2024, 11:39 PM
Preludatorx007
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They have added a 48 volt electric motor just like BMW on new B58. Also Turbo small changes and even suspension.

Only time will tell if this is even better engine overall. Definitely seems to have new technologies and slight improvements.
Old 08-21-2024, 10:14 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,444 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironman88
There are no "lease special" Cayennes that I've ever seen. Even the most basic Cayenne is far better than any lower rent X5.
yea hard disagree.

Materials on base cayennes and base X5s are pretty comparable. The standard equipment in the X5 is superior, as is the technology suite.

The b58 to me, along with BMW's transmission programming, is also preferred.

All this for $18k less and each respective option is less money.

I also like that BMW offers things like a sensatec stitched dashboard. While not leather, it looks a lot better than the hard plastic.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (08-21-2024)
Old 08-21-2024, 10:33 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,444 Likes on 836 Posts

In fact, I just built an X5 with some very nice options for $78k. A full $8k below the Cayenne's base price. Includes free maintenance.

Looks nice, drives nice, nice functionality.

The only argument is exclusivity, and with all the macans/cayennes running around, a base cayenne has exactly none.
Old 08-21-2024, 01:03 PM
Hunky
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
In fact, I just built an X5 with some very nice options for $78k. A full $8k below the Cayenne's base price. Includes free maintenance.

Looks nice, drives nice, nice functionality.

The only argument is exclusivity, and with all the macans/cayennes running around, a base cayenne has exactly none.
Macans and Cayennes are a dime a dozen here in the Naples FL area but Bentleys and Ferraris are an everyday sight also.
Old 08-21-2024, 10:37 PM
WasabiPeas
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you considering getting a new X5? There's a huge stop-sale on many different BMW models including the X5. No one has any idea when it will be resolved.
Old 08-21-2024, 11:06 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,102 Posts

The b58 to me, along with BMW's transmission programming, is also preferred.
BMW has the best transmission programming of all the German brands. It is near perfect.

MB transmissions are pure garbage and the fact cannot be masked by programming.

VAG's programming of the excellent ZF8HP in the Cayenne is quite bad.

VAG in the 958-gen Touareg TDI had a nearly perfect engine-transmission integration with the 3.0TDI and Aisin 8-speed. Paradise lost.

Last edited by chassis; 08-21-2024 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-22-2024, 08:37 AM
Hunky
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by chassis
BMW has the best transmission programming of all the German brands. It is near perfect.

MB transmissions are pure garbage and the fact cannot be masked by programming.

VAG's programming of the excellent ZF8HP in the Cayenne is quite bad.

VAG in the 958-gen Touareg TDI had a nearly perfect engine-transmission integration with the 3.0TDI and Aisin 8-speed. Paradise lost.
I can tell you that the transimission in my 2024 M60i is in that near perfect category along with the new S68 TTV8 IMHO. No complaints. Starting to wonder if I should even proceed with a '25 Cayenne GTS order.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (08-22-2024)
Old 08-22-2024, 10:01 AM
mikaco
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea hard disagree.

Materials on base cayennes and base X5s are pretty comparable. The standard equipment in the X5 is superior, as is the technology suite.

The b58 to me, along with BMW's transmission programming bmw suspension repair, is also preferred.

All this for $18k less and each respective option is less money.

I also like that BMW offers things like a sensatec stitched dashboard. While not leather, it looks a lot better than the hard plastic.
I was just curious as to what it means from a driveability as well as look standpoint.

Driveability:
I believe breaking distances are improved - is the handling improved as well?
Is there a big hit on MPG?
Is the ride better on 19s than on 18s or is it just rougher, stiffer, etc..? I did test drive an a5 with 19s but not sure that it compares - does it? I did like it and the ride was really good. Not stiff and jarring like I thought it would be.

Looks:
I have seen 19's on the a5 at the dealer but none in person on an a4. Does it look as good as it does on the a5 ( I know the a5 is a little wider)?
Is it too much wheel?

Quick Reply: 2023 Cayenne Engine Issues