PCM 6 - No data - .2

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 09:38 AM
TacoBuddy
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Default PCM 6 - No data - .2

Hi
I got my Cayenne at the start of the month and everything seemed fine, the My Porsche app updated and the PCM seemed to work well. We drove for a while over several days and during this the kids spotted in the inbuilt maps had an option for satellite imagery which we turned on.
This all worked great until all of a sudden the PCM lost data (the line through the connection icon) which obviously caused the imagery to stop loading, I just figured it was a signal issue as we were remote at the time.
Sadly though that was 9 days ago and the PCM still wont connect to data, I have tried rebooting the PCM via engineer option but that doesnt work. The data provider (vodafone uk) does seem to be working here as my mobile is fine.
The PCM will connect to my home wifi but looking at the traffic logs it transfers practically nothing and the inbuilt apps complain they have no data and it needs enabling.
I spoke to Porsche connect and the guy said to try resetting it and see if that fixes it but when I asked if that would stop me logging back in if there was no data he wasnt sure. I did fear Porsche had a data cap in place and loading the map images used all the data but the SA didnt think that was the case. Carplay works.

We live very very far away (boat journey level) from a dealership and we wont be travelling closely till July so I was wondering if there were any suggestions of things I could try before I try.

Thanks

Last edited by TacoBuddy; 05-20-2024 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:21 PM
Vapordan
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

If car play works (map software piece) and PCM map does not, sounds like you have a corrupted PCM map library. The fix is a re-install of the map software at the dealership.

Small chance it could be a profile issue. Try creating a new test profile to see if that works.

I will assume you get internet from the phone hotspot. If not, the following would not apply.

Could, smaller chance, be with the phone connection to the PCM. You can try isolating the cause further by removing the phone as the culprit. So, in that particular order. Backup your phone to the cloud. Wipe your phone and re-install phone from backup. Backup does not store system files, btw. Try it now. Step 2 if this doesn’t work.

If you get your internet from the PCM phone, then take your own phone sim and use it as the PCM phone. Activate the PCM phone with that sim. Try it now.

If none of these work, it points to the PCM software as the underlying cause. Dealership for resolution.

btw, somebody on here some time ago updated their map software not using the dealer. That would also re-initialize the software. Can’t find the thread though. Put a call out to @Schnave

Last edited by Vapordan; 05-26-2024 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Clarity
The following users liked this post:
TacoBuddy (05-26-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 09:57 PM
TacoBuddy
Instructor

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sadly the maps do work, its just the satellite imagery overview that doesnt, nor does any of the data based apps on the PCM like Weather etc, all say connect to wifi to get data.
If I connect to my home wifi it wont connect (same error) or if I use my mobile as a hotspot its the same.

The 2024 doesnt have a sim slot to try, its an esim so I cant check that although I have a sim with the same provider (Vodafone UK) and data is working.
Old 05-26-2024, 10:53 PM
MrOhnoez
Instructor

Received 105 Likes on 55 Posts

Check your privacy mode in the settings and make sure it's not turned on.
Also check your my porsche profile to make sure someone didnt goof up your free trial subscriptions.
Old 05-26-2024, 11:29 PM
Vapordan
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

I think something broke on the porsche end of things. There’s a growing list of folks having all sorts of weird connectivity issues over the last two weeks or so.
Old 06-06-2024, 08:49 PM
TacoBuddy
Instructor

Sadly this still isnt working for me.
Old 06-08-2024, 09:47 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by TacoBuddy
Sadly this still isnt working for me.
There are many campaigns released for .2 cars. I would make sure the dealer has installed all of them. I have a very early car - june 23 production I think - and the car needed 5 campaigns in jan 24. That said everything worked fine without them for 6-7 months which was when I took it in for the updates.
The following users liked this post:
TacoBuddy (06-13-2024)
Old 06-13-2024, 09:12 PM
TacoBuddy
Instructor

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
There are many campaigns released for .2 cars. I would make sure the dealer has installed all of them. I have a very early car - june 23 production I think - and the car needed 5 campaigns in jan 24. That said everything worked fine without them for 6-7 months which was when I took it in for the updates.
Thanks, my car was a April 24 build but I am going to travel to the SA next month to see what can be done.
Old 07-19-2024, 11:00 PM
TacoBuddy
Instructor

So my car went to the SA (UK) and they pulled the battery and hard reset the module but no dice.
they say they are raising a CAP (?) with Porsche connect to see what they can do.

Quick Reply: PCM 6 - No data - .2