That service department looks familiar.

Congrats!
Old 05-22-2024, 01:25 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 779 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
Congrats on the new car!

You have no idea how man souls you just crushed with this thread title, there are a bunch of folks in the US waiting for CARB approval and they probably thought it came through when they saw the title. I know I did, though I'm not waiting for a hybrid.
Love the quick update tho. Thanks.
Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
Although the CARB EO website hasn't been updated since April 17, apparently Hybrids have received CARB approval. Mine should be at the dealer on Monday. See also, post #11 on the Hybrid EPA Approval thread.
Yes I am not sure IF CARB approval has occurred or not yet but my SA called me back today and my car was released from the port today. Expects to have it in a few days and should get it probably in next week or so after Memorial day since I am out of town like many on previous travel/business. A welcome surprise tho...I think Porsche has decided as my SA said or given permission to release all pending cars to customers in non-CARB states if indeed CARB approval has yet to be granted....or maybe as Lizard says they are indeed all cleared.
Thanks for the kind words.

To be clear, my sales guy and I are aiming for a 5/29 delivery date. He needs time to make sure everything is OK, apply PPF and install a pigtail in the upper console. More importantly, we’re taking the grandkids (and their parents) to the beach next week. After that, I’ll fly down to pick up the car and visit friends and business folks.

Mrs. Lizard will fly down after a day or so. Then, while consuming plenty of TexMex, she and I will visit our son (pictured at left) and DIL in Austin, our long time friends in Bryan and bring it home to TN. I’ve been studying the online manual along with a couple of good YT vids on the car, so it should be an interesting shake out.

It should be a fun couple of weeks.
Sounds like you guys are gonna have one great delivery and road trip as well. Mind sharing the online manual location as well as what YouTube videos you are seeing/watching for the rest of us? Car looks great what a color!

Originally Posted by CM991
I wouldn't be so sure. Dealer is pushing for credit app. Say mine is at the port and should be ready for pick up "any day now".
My SA and I talked today...will do paperwork this weekend before I head out of town.
My base hybrid just arrived at the dealer.

Congrats...looks amazing!
Old 05-22-2024, 07:23 AM
CM991
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by LDT
im curious why yours is at the dealer while ours is stuck at the port 🤔
Old 05-22-2024, 07:58 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by CM991
im curious why yours is at the dealer while ours is stuck at the port 🤔
Do you like in a CARB state? CARB told me that they have not approved hybrids. mdrobc1213, above, posted that he’s been told that Porsche is releasing hybrids to non-CARB states.

Old 05-22-2024, 08:08 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Sounds like you guys are gonna have one great delivery and road trip as well. Mind sharing the online manual location as well as what YouTube videos you are seeing/watching for the rest of us? !
The helpful people at Porsche would not allow me to see their sacred text until I actually bought the car, but lo and behold going to manual.porsche.com brought up a tutorial style on-line manual that explains about all you need to know. Select Cayenne on the lower right. My browser translated it from German and apparently you have to accept the cookies in order to play the videos.

there are a couple of good YT tutorials. This one from Porsche of Austin:
is long but well done.
The following 3 users liked this post by Electric Lizard:
mdrobc1213 (05-22-2024), Schnave (05-22-2024), X5toCayenne (05-22-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 11:02 PM
boshiku
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the delivery
I got montego blue coupe hybrid, but mine is S.
Drive back from cottage in hybrid mode, 103km of 150 were in zero emission mode, better than 90km of electric only range promised.

My base hybrid just arrived at the dealer.

Last edited by boshiku; 05-24-2024 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-22-2024, 11:17 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Do you like in a CARB state? CARB told me that they have not approved hybrids. mdrobc1213, above, posted that he’s been told that Porsche is releasing hybrids to non-CARB states.

Yes my car arrived at the dealership this evening. Am trying to coax a pic or two now before I head out of town this weekend for Memorial day. but yes If I could swap my schedule and work things I could pick it up this weekend. They have 3 other hybrids in route that arrived with mine that are ahead of me in terms of delivery I think. As said my SA said they got word early last week to notify customers cars were likely to be released to dealers earlier than planned and they expected their cars before end of the month likely. They were more right than TYD which up until the day before yesterday still had my car as delivery expected 28 Jun 2024. But yes my SA confirmed today when the car arrived that dealers in non-CARB states are allowed to take delivery for sales to non-CARB state customers. Assume CARB release shall follow shortly and some on the RL have posted mid June maybe, Will let you know what I hear.
Old 05-24-2024, 12:37 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Yes my car arrived at the dealership this evening. Am trying to coax a pic or two now before I head out of town this weekend for Memorial day. but yes If I could swap my schedule and work things I could pick it up this weekend. They have 3 other hybrids in route that arrived with mine that are ahead of me in terms of delivery I think. As said my SA said they got word early last week to notify customers cars were likely to be released to dealers earlier than planned and they expected their cars before end of the month likely. They were more right than TYD which up until the day before yesterday still had my car as delivery expected 28 Jun 2024. But yes my SA confirmed today when the car arrived that dealers in non-CARB states are allowed to take delivery for sales to non-CARB state customers. Assume CARB release shall follow shortly and some on the RL have posted mid June maybe, Will let you know what I hear.
Pre delivery inspection pictures. Fresh off transporter yesterday afternoon.

Initial pre-delivery inspections begin pic #1

Initial pre-delivery inspections begin pic #2
The following 2 users liked this post by mdrobc1213:
DC1960 (05-24-2024), Talon38c (05-24-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 01:38 AM
Talon38c
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Gawd... When folks in Nashville (and elsewhere) have to ask a regulator in California if they can have their car. California has such an outsized influence over the 49 other states. Folks should ask their House and Senate representatives why, do they let one state have such power over the rest of the US.

Sorry for the rant.
The following 2 users liked this post by Talon38c:
Electric Lizard (05-24-2024), Schnave (05-24-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 03:57 AM
mc-pgts
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

There is an upside for those in states that follow the CA regulations. That is many $$$ parts have longer warranties, eg injectors and coil packs. If I remember correctly it's 7 years.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:12 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Talon38c
Gawd... When folks in Nashville (and elsewhere) have to ask a regulator in California if they can have their car. California has such an outsized influence over the 49 other states. Folks should ask their House and Senate representatives why, do they let one state have such power over the rest of the US.

Sorry for the rant.
No problem. Understand. If Tenn is NOT a CARB state then have faith that you'll get your car soon. Porsche is releasing cars now at least to non-CARB states to customers. Took my delivery today. 2024 Cayenne S e hybrid coupe! . Fingers crossed for you and the rest of you guys waiting for cars!

Initial pre-delivery inspections begin pic #2

Parking warehouse ready for final owner delivery prep today

Happy new owner...me!

Quick Reply: 2024 Cayenne E-Hybrid: Delivered!