Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0-2019-247/)
-   -   Cayenne Turbo GT versus Macan GTS? (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0-2019/1408236-cayenne-turbo-gt-versus-macan-gts.html)

Bowball 04-18-2024 05:05 PM

Cayenne Turbo GT versus Macan GTS?

I have a Macan Turbo with Performance Package for my ski car and daily type use though I don’t drive it daily. I also have a 991.2 Carrera T with carbon buckets I use for canyon driving.

I’m thinking of getting either a Macan GTS or a CTGT next, probably CPOs

i generally am only myself and another for ski trips in the mountains. Maybe to trailheads for mountain biking.

Macan is great but sometimes feels a bit small in storage. Rarely a third person. But the CTGT has caught my eye.

any thoughts as to which would be more fun to drive? I assume the smaller Macan GTS? Would it feel sooo much bigger in the Cayenne?

anynreason to prefer the GT interior versus leather 18 ways?

any more advice?

Thanks

chassis 04-18-2024 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bowball (Post 19393597)
I have a Macan Turbo with Performance Package for my ski car and daily type use though I don’t drive it daily. I also have a 991.2 Carrera T with carbon buckets I use for canyon driving.

I’m thinking of getting either a Macan GTS or a CTGT next, probably CPOs

i generally am only myself and another for ski trips in the mountains. Maybe to trailheads for mountain biking.

Macan is great but sometimes feels a bit small in storage. Rarely a third person. But the CTGT has caught my eye.

any thoughts as to which would be more fun to drive? I assume the smaller Macan GTS? Would it feel sooo much bigger in the Cayenne?

anynreason to prefer the GT interior versus leather 18 ways?

any more advice?

Thanks

TGT

You realize these are vastly different vehicles from price, performance and size perspectives, correct?

Shuga 04-18-2024 07:54 PM

I think you may be the only person cross shopping a Macan GTS with a Turbo GT.

Bowball 04-18-2024 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by chassis (Post 19393887)
TGT

You realize these are vastly different vehicles from price, performance and size perspectives, correct?

yes of course. My Tesla S I just got rid of was faster than any of them and inches bigger than the Cayenne. My Macan turbo pp is probably just 0-60 in a second plus more than the GT but I’m sure the rush of the V8 is frantically different than the V6 440hp turbos of the Macan.

Lighter and smaller is generally preferable to me. To make your head swirl a bit more, I bought my folks a Subaru Forester and was thinking maybe that! lol.

seriously though, I am trying to decide between these two. I just want to know how much feel I will give up or gain by adding another Macan versus getting the GT Coupe.

chassis 04-18-2024 10:39 PM

On a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being most important and 1 being least important, what rating do you give comfort?

Wilder 04-18-2024 10:48 PM

@Bowball good taste.

I too have a Macan Turbo PP (and a 992T for canyons) and I'm considering the TGT. I also have the same conundrum as you. I love how relatively small and light the Macan is and I'm concerned about getting into a bigger, heavier car. The PP is very, very fast, but it's not a TGT and I'm steering toward the TGT on the basis that a) the Macan is aging, b) TGT is a GT car with GT suspension and engine tweaks, and c) TGT feels like it could be the swan song Cayenne.

Bowball 04-18-2024 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by chassis (Post 19394155)
On a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being most important and 1 being least important, what rating do you give comfort?

for this use, rating for comfort is reasonably high, >8, provided performance and handling are there too. If we are talking about firm suspensions I’m good with that. Interior, comfort is nice!

Now I don’t know whether to go Alcantara GT interior or do leather with 18 way seats. Wear? Comfort?

Bowball 04-18-2024 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Wilder (Post 19394171)
@Bowball good taste.

I too have a Macan Turbo PP (and a 992T for canyons) and I'm considering the TGT. I also have the same conundrum as you. I love how relatively small and light the Macan is and I'm concerned about getting into a bigger, heavier car. The PP is very, very fast, but it's not a TGT and I'm steering toward the TGT on the basis that a) the Macan is aging, b) TGT is a GT car with GT suspension and engine tweaks, and c) TGT feels like it could be the swan song Cayenne.

sounds very similar. I went with a 991.2 not 992 as I wanted a more intimate (and analog) cockpit and liked it narrower and lighter for my purpose. In the same way I think I prefer the pre facelift (<24) Coupe interior.

what are you leaning to?

Wilder 04-19-2024 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bowball (Post 19394195)
sounds very similar. I went with a 991.2 not 992 as I wanted a more intimate (and analog) cockpit and liked it narrower and lighter for my purpose. In the same way I think I prefer the pre facelift (<24) Coupe interior.

what are you leaning to?

I spent a year and a half looking for the right 991 T and when the 992 was announced, I put a deposit down. I thought I it was going to be an in-between car but fell in love with it.
I'm leaning to order the TGT.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...37f12f57ef.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...e013ab46d4.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...8239d5605a.png

Orca911 04-19-2024 05:53 PM

Ask yourself: Are you a big dog? Or are you a little dog?

Felix 04-20-2024 04:14 AM

Not sure how you transport your mountain bike - not possible to fit a hitch to the turbo GT. There are roof bars available from Porsche.

chassis 04-20-2024 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bowball (Post 19394191)
for this use, rating for comfort is reasonably high, >8, provided performance and handling are there too. If we are talking about firm suspensions I’m good with that. Interior, comfort is nice!

Now I don’t know whether to go Alcantara GT interior or do leather with 18 way seats. Wear? Comfort?

TGT

mafpolo 04-20-2024 07:50 AM

Wouldn't even be a question for me. Turbo GT.

SoCal-Mat 04-20-2024 01:58 PM

Turbo GT every day of the week. It is ridiculously capable for what it is. Swiss Army knife of motoring.

4dRennwagen 04-20-2024 02:17 PM

I have an ‘18 Turbo-PP and have also considered getting a TGT next… I’m puzzled why you’d cross shop the Macan GTS. It’s basically equivalent to what you already have and doesn’t offer anything you don’t already have. (Aside from the interior refinements and different, though no more powerful, powertrain.)

Right now, I am sitting in a ‘24 Macan base loaner while the TPP is in for service…to me it wouldn’t be worth $60-$70k just to “upgrade” to a sleeker interior unless there’s some other motivating factor you haven’t mentioned.

To me the choice would be TGT vs hang onto what you have…