Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Unexpected new whip for Mommy

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2024, 09:46 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 341 Likes on 255 Posts

that caliper color is a factory option for hybrid right?
Old 05-24-2024, 09:52 PM
gkellys
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
that caliper color is a factory option for hybrid right?
Yes.
Old 05-24-2024, 10:43 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 341 Likes on 255 Posts

a lot of people pay attention to the brake color because if it is factory it tells you which brakes the car has. if you change them it might be a net minus. unless u just can’t stand the color. i think it looks perfectly fine. I would not choose that color but the electric industry designers have latched on to blues and greens design wise, it seems.
Old 05-24-2024, 10:54 PM
gkellys
Instructor

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
a lot of people pay attention to the brake color because if it is factory it tells you which brakes the car has. if you change them it might be a net minus. unless u just can’t stand the color. i think it looks perfectly fine. I would not choose that color but the electric industry designers have latched on to blues and greens design wise, it seems.
True. I had thought about blacking out, but my wife made the call. “Its my car and I like the green”.
Would have had to hear it for years! But it has grown on me. Plus it matches the accents on the badging.
The following users liked this post:
ThomasWShea (05-24-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 01:22 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 780 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by gkellys
Salesman was Ervine and the warranty / paperwork guy was Roman. They never offer a discount on the warranty up front. Got to work em over for that. I have never ordered a car from them, always found something I liked in stock. I did get $5k off their initial asking price and 4k increase on the initial trade offer to close the deal. Of course could probably have gotten more for the trade if I sold it myself, but didn’t feel like the hassle. Good luck with your car!
Car deal done...thanks for the advice. Yes had to ask a bit to get initial trade offer up a bit and could go more on trade by going outside but not worth the hassle as you said especially given the amount of scamming and questionable folks in this area it seems (am new to the city)..not something I'd want to do as a private sale until I know the area a lot more! Congrats again.

Initial pre-delivery inspections begin pic #2
The following users liked this post:
LDT (05-26-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 08:08 AM
gkellys
Instructor

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Car deal done...thanks for the advice. Yes had to ask a bit to get initial trade offer up a bit and could go more on trade by going outside but not worth the hassle as you said especially given the amount of scamming and questionable folks in this area it seems (am new to the city)..not something I'd want to do as a private sale until I know the area a lot more! Congrats again.

Initial pre-delivery inspections begin pic #2
Congrats! Beautiful car! If you have not already, prepare to trash the Porsche Mobil Charger. Unless they improved it for 2024, It is problematic. I gave up and installed an Autel unit. Way more reliable and smart. Welcome to Atlanta! Actually it’s a nice city compared to most large cities and you can open up the Porsche a bit on I-285. You have likely noticed the average speed is close to 90mph and the speed limit enforcement is practically nil. Congrats again on the car. Sweet stable of ponies you have there!

Quick Reply: Unexpected new whip for Mommy