Sponsored By:

All Hybrid Builds have been Delayed until at least January

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2024, 04:46 PM
Kheires
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
The only positive thing I can contribute is that the car is great and maybe it is worth waiting. And those with hybrid orders have the chance to upgrade to hybrid s for $5k more.

Now at 4.7k km and all good - october delivery car, so one of the first and gremlins were expected. Have not done the update yet.

Every drive I take the car I really do not want the battery to run out and go to into “ice mode”. The E-Power (pure electric) mode feels fantastic and for some reason I prefer it fot most of the journies even though the power is limited. This car is making me to consider an EV car for everyday driving for myself.

What js

good to know. debating the base ehybrid vs the S ehybrid. i want the air suspension and a few other features, so the price difference in the end is only a few grand. worth it to go S ehybrid?
Old 02-13-2024, 04:49 PM
Kheires
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rodsky
Thanks - my order froze this week and I am waiting for delivery by end of June. It's helpful to hear that you are enjoying the car. Truth be told, I am not in a rush but this wait will have been 13 months (although to be fair the car wasn't really cleared for sale when I ordered it). The Belarus situation is really not on Porsche so **** happens and I will keep things in perspective.

As for electric - many people poo poo it. My wife has a BMW iX. I'll tell you what - its a fantastic car (maybe apart from the front end grill ). I'm getting the Cayenne because we do sometimes drive from LA to Tahoe (when we take our dog up and the BMW network (electrify america) sucks). But for around town it has a 320 mile range and she never goes to the gas station. We can even go to San Diego and back with no worries. We have a 240 V charger at home. I doubt she's going back to gas. Its fast, comfortable, great interior and quiet.
BEV is incredibly convenient. i love ours. were in the same boat, love the DD ability of the BEV but want at least a hybrid for much longer trips. ive taken the rivian on 400-500+ road trips, including towing and in single digit F weather, and it does fine but ideally keep it to trips with one charging stop or less (~400-450 miles).
Old 02-13-2024, 07:49 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 797 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Kheires
good to know. debating the base ehybrid vs the S ehybrid. i want the air suspension and a few other features, so the price difference in the end is only a few grand. worth it to go S ehybrid?
In my opinion yes. With the air suspension the difference in the US is $5k an you get+50bhp and a few other things - I think we listed them in another disucussion. Probably a bit less depreciation since the hybrid s will be more favorable to buy. And if the car has many options then you are at $120k-$130k so the difference is like 3% for a better car.

Not really sure why porsche has released the hybrid since the difference to the s is minor price wise.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:50 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 797 Likes on 462 Posts

As for electric - many people poo poo it. My wife has a BMW iX. I'll tell you what - its a fantastic car (maybe apart from the front end grill ). I'm getting the Cayenne because we do sometimes drive from LA to Tahoe (when we take our dog up and the BMW network (electrify america) sucks). But for around town it has a 320 mile range and she never goes to the gas station. We can even go to San Diego and back with no worries. We have a 240 V charger at home. I doubt she's going back to gas. Its fast, comfortable, great interior and quiet.
Yes the Macan EVs are actually starting to look very attractive to me for an everyday car.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:04 PM
Kachakacha
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
In my opinion yes. With the air suspension the difference in the US is $5k an you get+50bhp and a few other things - I think we listed them in another disucussion. Probably a bit less depreciation since the hybrid s will be more favorable to buy. And if the car has many options then you are at $120k-$130k so the difference is like 3% for a better car.

Not really sure why porsche has released the hybrid since the difference to the s is minor price wise.
I have a buddy who works with Porsche North America and he mentioned the S wasn’t worth it. It’s still a 3.0 with a slight tune.

if the power is the only reason to order it you can always toss a JB4 and get more power than the S for $700.

not sure how many have used or heard of jb4 but have used them on most of my bmw in the past. Great way to get 60hp with no risk. I will most likely do the same on the Cayenne e hybrid.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kachakacha:
mdrobc1213 (02-13-2024), rodsky (02-13-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 08:48 PM
Kheires
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kachakacha
I have a buddy who works with Porsche North America and he mentioned the S wasn’t worth it. It’s still a 3.0 with a slight tune.

if the power is the only reason to order it you can always toss a JB4 and get more power than the S for $700.

not sure how many have used or heard of jb4 but have used them on most of my bmw in the past. Great way to get 60hp with no risk. I will most likely do the same on the Cayenne e hybrid.
JB4 on my 335i was solid. liked the ability to tweak things and the pass through nature of it, however the wiring is a bit of a hassle. flash is so much cleaner, so went with that for my 718
Old 02-13-2024, 10:00 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Contributing my experience: I'm in the U.S., and in 05/2023 my order for a Cayenne E-Hybrid with Euro delivery was marked as confirmed on porscheusa.com. In 12/2023 I received the voucher for 2yrs free maintenance. In 01/2024 my order locked. And just today, I received an e-mail from my SA saying, "We have been notified by Porsche that they will not be able to accommodate the European Delivery for your order due to lack of availability for the rest of the year."

This seems very surprising since my order was placed quite a while ago and has been locked for weeks. I have a commission number. Checking porscheusa.com, there is no longer any ED-related information on my "On Its Way" page. Anyone else have their ED spot somehow taken away?
Old 02-13-2024, 11:17 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 856 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by mnorek
My order was pushed another month to 28 Jun.
Yes mine too...same date. Think it is commonplace for Porsche for most of the cars entering production in the next 60-90 days.
Thanks - my order froze this week and I am waiting for delivery by end of June. It's helpful to hear that you are enjoying the car. Truth be told, I am not in a rush but this wait will have been 13 months (although to be fair the car wasn't really cleared for sale when I ordered it). The Belarus situation is really not on Porsche so **** happens and I will keep things in perspective.

Yes mine froze this week also and delivery is scheduled for end of June also. Glad too hear also that some folks are enjoying the car and it seems worth the wait. Appreciate the details and first impressions. My wife took over my Taycan CT4 as her daily driver from her BMW X3 hybrid and loves it...she too has not seen a gas station since summer 2022 and says she won't go back. She can charge at home with our 240V charger and also at work as an EA Charger station is at Walmart right next door to her job...so yes best of both worlds. I have another EV on order myself but for similar reasons as you mentioned eventually landed on the Cayenne S e hybrid to bridge the gap for when we do need an extended range vehicle and space. Looking forward to delivery this summer.
Originally Posted by JWMFL
Mine as well. Just pushed from May to June 29th
Yeah welcome to the club! . At least Porsche added the free maintenance to my car also...my SA just LMK this weekend.
Don't feel special - I would be willing to bet everyone's has moved to at least end of June - if you are in the US.
Yep...looks like it has happened/occured.

Good info to know. Wonder how the JB4 tune works with the hybrid programing and new technology though?
Originally Posted by nkhalidi
Contributing my experience: I'm in the U.S., and in 05/2023 my order for a Cayenne E-Hybrid with Euro delivery was marked as confirmed on porscheusa.com. In 12/2023 I received the voucher for 2yrs free maintenance. In 01/2024 my order locked. And just today, I received an e-mail from my SA saying, "We have been notified by Porsche that they will not be able to accommodate the European Delivery for your order due to lack of availability for the rest of the year."

This seems very surprising since my order was placed quite a while ago and has been locked for weeks. I have a commission number. Checking porscheusa.com, there is no longer any ED-related information on my "On Its Way" page. Anyone else have their ED spot somehow taken away?
Asked my SA about ED and he told me it was unlikely for me although my car just locked this week so maybe the delay or change is also due to the chip issue also. Or maybe the EPA hold and chip issue has screwed up the logistics of ED so that Porsche has paused it. Who knows? Only Porsche....I guess. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:55 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,622 Likes on 1,630 Posts

This is possibly one of the worst things you could do.

A jb4 piggyback works by fooling the engine into thinking it's making less boost as you know. If you've driven a Porsche hybrid, you'll know how unbelievably complicated the interaction between ICE and EV powertrains is. Between the engine / electric motor and the regen braking, the absolute last thing I'd want to do is start sending the ECU false data.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:17 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I heard today that U.S.-spec Cayenne E-Hybrids won't be delivered until at least July due to an EPA certification issue.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:46 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 856 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
I heard today that U.S.-spec Cayenne E-Hybrids won't be delivered until at least July due to an EPA certification issue.
My SA checked..my. delivery date is 28 June 2024 which tracks with the latest move that I saw on TYD from Porsche. Not too concerned as the EPA issue is what they believe part of the chip import issue. Cars are still schedule for build and transport just will hold at port until released to dealer for sale. Sounds like a 2 part issue...those that need new chips will get them either from production or at port after delivery. ALL cars will hold till EPA certification clears. EPA has done this before with Porsche models...my 992 was part of a 3 week hold when it arrived in 2021 when I got it as the EPA had a hold on ALL Carrera's that lasted about a month. Seem EPA likes to do this now with new models especially those from VW Group and Porsche after dieselgate. But since the Cayenne hybrid was certified in 2023 and previous model years as well as the Panamera hybrids also are NOT being held then in all likelihood will have to play along with the EPA game and dance till done. Remember European hybrids have been delivered and continue deliveries with same engine and hardware outside of the particulate filters on the exhausts.

Of note often a part of the EPA hold in the past especially when the 992s were held was CARB and the fact that ALL cars had to also clear California's CARB before EPA would release full certification I believe. So Cali may again be the cause of the delay and gift that keeps giving. Expecting the car to arrive this summer and got in line last Sept and got my allocation in Nov and as this is my fourth ordered car I kinda immune to the changes that happen and the car arrives when it arrives...my feelings and timelines be dauymed...that lession I have painfully learned from Porsche. LOL
The following users liked this post:
nkhalidi (02-17-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 12:47 AM
Kachakacha
Track Day

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Yes mine too...same date. Think it is commonplace for Porsche for most of the cars entering production in the next 60-90 days.

Yes mine froze this week also and delivery is scheduled for end of June also. Glad too hear also that some folks are enjoying the car and it seems worth the wait. Appreciate the details and first impressions. My wife took over my Taycan CT4 as her daily driver from her BMW X3 hybrid and loves it...she too has not seen a gas station since summer 2022 and says she won't go back. She can charge at home with our 240V charger and also at work as an EA Charger station is at Walmart right next door to her job...so yes best of both worlds. I have another EV on order myself but for similar reasons as you mentioned eventually landed on the Cayenne S e hybrid to bridge the gap for when we do need an extended range vehicle and space. Looking forward to delivery this summer.

Yeah welcome to the club! . At least Porsche added the free maintenance to my car also...my SA just LMK this weekend.

Yep...looks like it has happened/occured.

Good info to know. Wonder how the JB4 tune works with the hybrid programing and new technology though?

Asked my SA about ED and he told me it was unlikely for me although my car just locked this week so maybe the delay or change is also due to the chip issue also. Or maybe the EPA hold and chip issue has screwed up the logistics of ED so that Porsche has paused it. Who knows? Only Porsche....I guess. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
I ran one on my X545e when I had it and it was flawless. Really only nbenefittesnwothbthe combustion engine one.

[QUOTE=Needsdecaf;19278747]This is possibly one of the worst things you could do.

A jb4 piggyback works by fooling the engine into thinking it's making less boost as you know. If you've driven a Porsche hybrid, you'll know how unbelievably complicated the interaction between ICE and EV powertrains is. Between the engine / electric motor and the regen braking, the absolute last thing I'd want to do is start sending the ECU false data.[/QUOTE

no big deal. X545e ran great when I had one on there. But that lease is over so onto the next one. Keep in mind the extra boost is only when needed. I’m not romping around red light to light. Even though you could technically do so. I’m stuck in socal so there is no point in that behavior.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:44 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts

My base hybrid froze on 5Feb24, is scheduled to build starting 6Mar24 and arrive at the Port of Houston 18Apr24. Then it sits until 28Jun24 - the projected delivery to dealer date for all hybrids. I discussed some delivery details with my sales guy yesterday and he offered some color based on the surprisingly little info that's been made available to him.

1. His large dealership hasn't had a car delivered since December as they didn't take any 4cyl allocations. It's not been a good quarter for him.
2. I got the impression that the chip crap that's holding up all of their deliveries is close to resolution, but that the part hasn't arrived yet. He believes (hopes?) that it will be cleared very shortly.
3. It's an even bet as to whether my car will be built with a slave or non-slave (my words) chip, but the hold time at the PoH will allow plenty of time to swap it out.
4. That two plus month vacation my car will take (at least not the height of hurricane season, yet) at the luxurious PoH will be courtesy of the EPA and not ICE as the new hybrids haven't passed emission testing yet. 28Jun24 is Porsche's current best guess (in no way a guarantee) as to when that process will be complete.
5. I have a VIN but cannot obtain an electronic version of the manual since I don't own the car yet.
The following 2 users liked this post by Electric Lizard:
mdrobc1213 (02-24-2024), mnorek (03-02-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 11:46 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts

My base hybrid froze on 5Feb24, is scheduled to build starting 6Mar24 and arrive at the Port of Houston 18Apr24. Then it sits until 28Jun24 - the projected delivery to dealer date for all hybrids. I discussed some delivery details with my sales guy yesterday and he offered some color based on the surprisingly little info that's been made available to him.

1. His large dealership hasn't had a car delivered since December as they didn't take any 4cyl allocations. It's not been a good quarter for him.
2. I got the impression that the chip crap that's holding up all of their deliveries is close to resolution, but that the part hasn't arrived yet. He believes (hopes?) that it will be cleared very shortly.
3. It's an even bet as to whether my car will be built with a slave or non-slave (my words) chip, but the hold time at the PoH will allow plenty of time to swap it out.
4. That two plus month vacation my car will take (at least not the height of hurricane season, yet) at the luxurious PoH will be courtesy of the EPA and not ICE as the new hybrids haven't passed emission testing yet. 28Jun24 is Porsche's current best guess (in no way a guarantee) as to when that process will be complete.
5. I have a VIN but cannot obtain an electronic version of the manual since I don't own the car yet.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:58 AM
Kachakacha
Track Day

My car was ordered Jan 27th, freeze date Feb 1st. Car was scheduled for 26th to start production and was moved to today 23rd and has begun production.

Quick Reply: All Hybrid Builds have been Delayed until at least January