Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Engine control fault, driving permitted, visit workshop

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2023, 03:07 PM
Pushinit
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

PCNA has made the decision to NOT cover my DME replacement. The dealer says they are very surprised and see no way this is my fault and the amount is actually very tiny. There is no warning on the box or in the owners manual that one must avoid silicon spray hitting that box. In fact, they provide no protection around the DME at all. The dealer will help with the labor but I will need to buy a new one myself. I'm very disappointed and mad at Porsche. Time to make some decisions.

FWIW - this isn't simply about the cost. Its very poor customer relations.
Old 02-16-2023, 04:37 PM
Pushinit
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

An update regrading my DME situation. I was able to finally get Porsche to meet me part way. Between "good will" credits and the labor help from my dealer, I ended up paying about 1/2 the normal total price. I drove it into the shop yesterday morning and left about 3 hours later with a new programmed DME. I'm still a bit peeved that PCNA wouldn't fully take care of me, but at least they did something.

A warning to anyone with a code P222700 error. Make sure your DME has no sign of any type of oil anywhere on it or they will assume it is silicon based and you'll likely get screwed.

The following users liked this post:
Schnave (02-16-2023)

Quick Reply: Engine control fault, driving permitted, visit workshop