Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Bose Amp Delays

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2022, 04:04 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,563 Likes on 667 Posts

Picked up yesterday. Shows a build date of June (which was the original time-line after ordering in early May, with early-mid July delivery that turned into mid-Nov!)

Built exactly as spec’d. Not missing anything, including electronic steering column adjustment (which has been mentioned many times in this thread).

Wishing everyone a speedy resolution to the Bose amp delay, and that the re-routing of parts direct to the US from Mexico helps expedite deliveries.
The following 2 users liked this post by needmoregarage:
LDT (11-20-2022), mgx1020 (11-20-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 04:30 PM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Received 527 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Picked up yesterday. Shows a build date of June (which was the original time-line after ordering in early May, with early-mid July delivery that turned into mid-Nov!)

Built exactly as spec’d. Not missing anything, including electronic steering column adjustment (which has been mentioned many times in this thread).

Wishing everyone a speedy resolution to the Bose amp delay, and that the re-routing of parts direct to the US from Mexico helps expedite deliveries.
Congtats. Photos please.
The following users liked this post:
mgx1020 (11-20-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 05:39 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

First time we saw it late Sept

Finally home

Roomy rear seats. Far more room than Macan. Recline and slide forward.

Bordeaux & Black leather w carbon fiber. Not wild about all the shiny chrome trim but couldn’t get away from it

Non winter wheels with All Season tires waiting for spring. 21” Cayenne Turbo wheels in Satin Platinum with Arches painted

Very convenient battery tender hookup. Actual battery is in the floor of front passenger seat.
Macan GTS battery connection far less convenient. This is a nice improvement.

Last edited by needmoregarage; 11-22-2022 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-20-2022, 08:31 PM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Sweet. Enjoy. Are those non-winter wheels 21” Cayenne Turbo?
Old 11-21-2022, 09:12 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LDT
Sweet. Enjoy. Are those non-winter wheels 21” Cayenne Turbo?
EDIT: confirmed 21” Turbo Wheels Satin Platinum with Arches Painted
Very happy with the choice and look forward to getting them mounted next spring

Last edited by needmoregarage; 11-25-2022 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-22-2022, 09:23 AM
sumsuv
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Congratulations!!!
it looks great!!
Picking up mine in similar colors this Friday!!
needmoregarage (11-22-2022)
Old 11-25-2022, 05:41 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sumsuv
Congratulations!!!
it looks great!!
Picking up mine in similar colors this Friday!!
Update? Photos?

and

On Wednesday night we were getting ready to head to a friend’s house for dinner. We were bringing a few things with us (food, wine, etc). We had decided to take the Cayenne. Everything was in the car. Hubby gets in and tries to start it. The dashboard lit up, but the headlights didn’t go on, and there was absolutely no sound coming from anywhere - not even a click. He had his door slightly ajar, and the car didn’t like that, so he closed the door and tried again several times. Nothing but SILENCE…

So we transferred everything to the Macan and left for the dinner.

When we got home later that evening, he doubled checked the battery charge (which had been on a tender in our garage since bringing home and had been on a tender at the dealer’s during the wait-time for the Bose amp. Battery tested fine. Voltage was 12.8 - right in the proper range. He put it on the trickle charger, and he has a “good” type that won’t “cook” the battery or give charge if not needed. I don’t know all the technical jargon, but he was quite well versed with the type of battery (NOT Lithium Ion) and how to test it for proper charge. The next day (yesterday) it started right up, and again this morning it started up with no issue.

We stopped by the dealer today (for something unrelated), but asked about the no-start issue. The dealer has heard of a few issues like this, and recommended (and we didn’t think of it in the moment) to turn off the car, exit the car, lock the car and wait for systems to shut down. Then restart the car. Basically like rebooting a computer/tablet/phone. That likely would have reset everything. He also agreed it was not an issue with the battery.

TLDR:
lesson #1: all doors should be closed before attempting to start the car
lesson #2: if there’s a problem, turn everything off, exit, lock it, wait for it to “completely go to sleep”, then try again.
Old 11-26-2022, 01:36 PM
sumsuv
Intermediate

Default Finally Picked Up

I finally picked up the car last evening and drove home about 100 miles, traded my 19 X5. I like it so far, seems like technology is bit lacking than X5. I will try to put together a detailed review and comparison in the coming days.
please ignore the stuff in the garage.

The following 2 users liked this post by sumsuv:
LDT (11-26-2022), mgx1020 (11-26-2022)
Old 11-26-2022, 08:12 PM
mgx1020
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Congrats! Looks amazing! How was the drive compared to the X5? Would love it if you can say if you feel it’s as tight/small overall as the X5? A friend had the X5 and had to trade in for MDX due to the space for the fam
Old 11-26-2022, 11:48 PM
sumsuv
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mgx1020
Congrats! Looks amazing! How was the drive compared to the X5? Would love it if you can say if you feel it’s as tight/small overall as the X5? A friend had the X5 and had to trade in for MDX due to the space for the fam
I had a 2016 MDX which I traded to get 19 X5 and now 23 E Hybrid - I would not like to go back to MDX after driving X5, MDX is slightly bigger than X5, and you still can't use 3rd row in MDX in most cases but it lacks the power and drive of X5
Anyway, so far I feel Cayenne tech is not as par with X5, the drive is similar to X5 (I may be and want to be wrong as we spent 125k vs 75k for X5), I have two teenage boys, and they feel there is better legroom than X5 but the width might be a little tight, it seems like that because the rear floor is not flat it has the hump in the middle so sitting 3 will be tough on longer drives.
Old 11-27-2022, 10:43 AM
LDT
Burning Brakes

While I have no MDX experience or eHybrid experience, I’ve owned 2 X5s and 2 Cayennes the latest X5 being a 2017 diesel and my current Cayenne base. One really can’t compare performance of the diesel and the V6 Cayenne……two very different animals. MPG on the diesel was 30%+ better. I would put the current 2020 Cayenne V6 (335 hp) base up against my 2008 Cayenne S (385hp) and my 2011 X5 50i (400hp). I don’t recall their respective 0–60 times but the ‘20 Cayenne would give those older V8’s a run for the money. I find comfort and ride quality to be similar with a slight ride edge to the X5 which had 20” all seasons vs my Cayenne with 22” summer performance tires. The newer Cayenne feels more plush and the seats are comfy and the cabin feels more luxurious. Cayenne cargo space is slightly less but that doesn’t matter to me. I like Cayenne technology is much better than iDrive. PCM with its haptic screen is more user friendly and modern imo. I may be one of the few who likes the piano black trim. As I’ve “matured” the need for speed has been trumped by the desire for comfort and ease of use. And as a retired guy my wife reminds me of the need for affordability as in “you’re no longer getting a pay check”!
Happy motoring to all.

Last edited by LDT; 11-27-2022 at 11:40 AM.
needmoregarage (11-27-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 07:41 AM
DCCT
Track Day

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Unfortunately, my E-Hybrid Platinum got pushed until Q1 2023 delivery, most likely due to the Bose Amp issues. Annoyingly, the new timelines no longer work for me so I'm having to cancel the order.

If any UK folk are interested in a spec-locked E-Hybrid Platinum, arriving early next year, please PM me and I'll put you in touch with the Dealer. Spec is very nice (IMHO!)
Old 12-02-2022, 03:58 PM
HT#70
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got our E-hybrid Platinum yesterday. May order, October build. Came missing LED Matrix H/L, lane change assist and heated steering wheel, which were all part of the original order. Disappointed. Had pre-traded our ‘19 which had all these things and would have been happy to keep until we could have gotten one with the options we ordered.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:06 PM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HT#70
Got our E-hybrid Platinum yesterday. May order, October build. Came missing LED Matrix H/L, lane change assist and heated steering wheel, which were all part of the original order. Disappointed. Had pre-traded our ‘19 which had all these things and would have been happy to keep until we could have gotten one with the options we ordered.
Happy to hear your new Cayenne came in. But I keep reading these posts where the Cayenne is delivered without ordered options. Bottom line is that it's just WRONG for any company to do this. They do not care because they know full well that if you don't take the car there is a buyer in the wings. Ordering a vehicle that costs well into six figures and not getting what you ordered is just plain wrong on so many levels.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:30 PM
bearcat2000
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm ordering a fully loaded 2023 S and if it comes in missing any options there is no way I'm accepting it. Some of these vehicles are more than some peoples homes. They should be exact.
LDT (12-02-2022)

Quick Reply: Bose Amp Delays