Bose Amp Delays

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 09:42 AM
btsteckly
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose delay

My 23 Cayenne Coupé arrived to the dealer Nov 4/22,
waiting for amp. Dlr says all backlogged amps to be cleared up by early December……
Old 11-17-2022, 10:33 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,068 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
My dealer (Mgr) confirmed this. Should speed things up.
Been waiting since Sept 27
Hi C
which variant are you getting ?
I drove the GTS three days ago and loved it
so I gave up on Macan GTS and took Cayenne
Old 11-17-2022, 11:26 AM
Rogue84
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by btsteckly
My 23 Cayenne Coupé arrived to the dealer Nov 4/22,
waiting for amp. Dlr says all backlogged amps to be cleared up by early December……
I hope this is true...
Old 11-17-2022, 08:50 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,563 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
Hi C
which variant are you getting ?
I drove the GTS three days ago and loved it
so I gave up on Macan GTS and took Cayenne
Hi J,

We ordered a base. We have had them as loaners, and then test drove one again, before confirming the order.

Basically, I wanted a wagon, but we waited awhile for an allocation that never came and then our sales mgr told us he got a Cayenne (base) allocation we could have. It was the ONLY allocation available for quite some time. If we wanted an S or GTS it would have been several more months and we wanted it “sooner’ than later. Obviously it was delayed far beyond what was initially projected (like everyone’s build). I would have waited for something else but bottom line is we wanted to add a second year-round “appropriate” vehicle which I thought would be in the garage by mid-summer. Hah!

We are picking up the Cayenne tomorrow (Nov 18). We are keeping the Macan GTS which we both love, but we can use a slightly larger SUV for a variety of practical reasons. So I think the Cayenne will be put to good use. And if I can ever score a wagon that appeals to me I might turn the Macan (or Cayenne) into a wagon. But these are terrible times to buy most cars, so I’ll wait until the “right” one comes along and maybe we’ll turn one SUV into something a bit smaller but still practical as a daily.

For now, I plan to use the Macan as my primary car, and hubby will use the Cayenne as his primary. We had tried reducing cars and sharing the Macan as the only “practical” car, but that didn’t work out so well…(for me). And of course the GT4 is put away for the winter now that we’ve experienced snow.

Looking forward to FINALLY taking delivery. The good news is that they completed the PPF and ceramic coat. We ordered a winter wheel/tire set which is already mounted, so it’ll be ready to use immediately. We made good use of the delay.

The Cayenne is very nice (as you know) but I prefer smaller vehicles so to me it’s a “boat”, but it’ll serve a purpose. And as far as large SUV’s go, it’s fairly sporty compared to some others. But it still feels BIG. It’s all relative. I look forward to hearing your impressions once you get yours!

One big disappointment was that at the time we ordered ours (early May), the color choices were awful. We prefer light metallic (like silver ) for practicality and ease of living with it. There were only two light colors available: white, or Carrara white. That’s it! All the other cars were very dark - not even medium like Agate. So we went with white with black/Bordeaux interior. We would have loved Chalk or Silver but they had stopped offering them. At first we were told we could have chalk if we waited until November (now), but then we were told even delaying the build wouldn’t guarantee different color choices. And since we didn’t want to wait, we went with white. I’m sure it’ll be fine.

C
Old 11-17-2022, 11:50 PM
mgx1020
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Did your SA advise that Chalk is now available again?
Old 11-17-2022, 11:58 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mgx1020
I have not asked as it no longer matters.

Even if they said yes, we want THIS car because it’s built to our somewhat specific (high option) spec. We would not start over again because we don’t want to wait any longer.

And we’ve had white before. It’ll be fine. It’s easier to live with than many colors and of the available choices it was the best decision for our preference.

The following users liked this post:
Needsdecaf (11-18-2022)
Old 11-18-2022, 07:30 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,068 Likes on 609 Posts

what I loved immediately about the GTS , is the exhaust sound. It took me back to the AMG days C63, E63 and I was flirting with the idea of having a V8 in the garage as long as they build them. The GTS is my winter car as I have a 911 TTS coming next month which will do the DD duties other than winter ..
This is the plan for now , but as you well know, I change my mind about cars frequently
Surprisingly the Cayenne drives smaller than it looks , but I have just had it for a week ,so will see
Old 11-18-2022, 07:54 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

^I fully understand the lure of the V8! For us, timing and availability ruled the decision.

Hoping that all who are waiting for Bose receive their car soon!
Old 11-18-2022, 08:46 AM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Received 527 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by mgx1020
Very happy with Chalk. It’s paired with Graphite Blue/Chalk leather. And I agree the color choices aren’t the greatest. Dolomite would have been my 2nd choice

Old 11-18-2022, 10:00 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,622 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
I have not asked as it no longer matters.

Even if they said yes, we want THIS car because it’s built to our somewhat specific (high option) spec. We would not start over again because we don’t want to wait any longer.

And we’ve had white before. It’ll be fine. It’s easier to live with than many colors and of the available choices it was the best decision for our preference.
What wagon were you referring to in your post above? The Cayenne Cross Tourismo?

Also, I agree, nothing like specc'ing your own Porsche down to the last option and taking delivery. That's the best thing.
Old 11-18-2022, 10:08 AM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
What wagon were you referring to in your post above? The Cayenne Cross Tourismo?

Also, I agree, nothing like specc'ing your own Porsche down to the last option and taking delivery. That's the best thing.
I briefly considered the A6 Allroad and the E450 Wagon but came to my senses after my wife and daughter called them 'old man' cars.
Old 11-18-2022, 08:34 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
The wagon I wanted was an A6 Allroad (regular - not the Avant although I would have taken an Avant if I could have gotten one). We placed a demand order for the A6 and waited about 90 days. They STILL couldn’t tell me IF or WHEN I MIGHT get an allocation. Then the Cayenne allocation popped up and hubby was convinced Audi might stop selling wagons in the US (exactly like BMW), so we took the sure thing of the Cayenne rather than wait for a car that may or may not arrive.

My last two wagons were BMW 3 series ixdrive. I loved them! But they rode like buck-boards. I’m not usually sensitive to ride, but hubby has a very bad back. We’ve had several Porsches with the adjustable air ride suspension and it makes a huge difference for hubby. I spec’d the Allroad to include the adjustable air suspension, full leather, massaging front seats (heat & vent) and a few other goodies that may or may not have been included due to chip shortages). It has the same 60cf of cargo space as as Cayenne, and since I prefer a wagon it would have been a nice compromise. But it was not to be (at least not this time around).

As for the Taycan Cross Turismo or Panamera Sport Turismos: I can’t quite get past the looks. They’re not bad from some angles, but from other angles I don’t find them attractive. It reminds me of our 2015 Panamera GTS. It had that “lump” of a transition at the rear hatch, and it was not a great look. We had a refreshed 2018 Panny that was a beautiful car and quite practical, but rather large. And then it developed a coolant leak and we parted ways rather quickly.

I think in general the lines of a wagon can be more attractive than its sedan counterpart, and I happen to be a fan of the BMW wagon and wish it was still sold here. But the Allroad likely would have been comfy enough for hubby where the BWM was not. So I’ll live with the Macan GTS which is a great all-around SUV, and maybe one of these days the right wagon will come my way.

Originally Posted by LDT
I briefly considered the A6 Allroad and the E450 Wagon but came to my senses after my wife and daughter called them 'old man' cars.
It’s all personal preference, but I would take the A6 over the latest MB wagon. I just like the A6 design better. I don’t consider them “old” people cars. I think of them as cool and different, with a cult following. You either like ‘em or you don’t. I love ‘em and will own another when the time is right.

In addition to the practicality and versatility of a wagon, you don’t see them on every corner like SUVs. I like the fact that they’re more “rare” and a bit different. But that’s just a bonus. What I really like is the design and the look and usability.

Last edited by needmoregarage; 11-18-2022 at 08:38 PM.
LDT (11-18-2022)
Old 11-18-2022, 08:52 PM
LDT
Burning Brakes

“It’s all personal preference, but I would take the A6 over the latest MB wagon. I just like the A6 design better. I don’t consider them “old” people cars. I think of them as cool and different, with a cult following. You either like ‘em or you don’t. I love ‘em and will own another when the time is right.”

Wholeheartedly agree. I like the A6 Allroad over the MB. The A6 Avant is a thing to behold. I’m happy with the Cayenne as we missed the ride height and cargo cap of a SUV.
Old 11-18-2022, 10:29 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LDT
“It’s all personal preference, but I would take the A6 over the latest MB wagon. I just like the A6 design better. I don’t consider them “old” people cars. I think of them as cool and different, with a cult following. You either like ‘em or you don’t. I love ‘em and will own another when the time is right.”

Wholeheartedly agree. I like the A6 Allroad over the MB. The A6 Avant is a thing to behold. I’m happy with the Cayenne as we missed the ride height and cargo cap of a SUV.
Ride height is one thing. Cargo capacity of A6 Allroad and Cayenne is equal (which I was shocked to learn). Cayenne has smaller cargo capacity than others in its class, but there are also things that set it apart. Goes back to personal preference.

UPDATE: didn’t pick it up today. There was a whiteout snow storm over the time we should have left for the dealership. We opted to push it to tomorrow.
LDT (11-19-2022)
Old 11-19-2022, 01:49 AM
sumsuv
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I was told by my SA yesterday that the Bose Amp has been installed and it is ready to be picked up. The dealer will get PPF installed on Wednesday so will be able to pick up the car on Friday!!
Looking forward to the experience.
The following 2 users liked this post by sumsuv:
LDT (11-19-2022), needmoregarage (11-19-2022)

Quick Reply: Bose Amp Delays