Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Bose Amp Delays

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2022, 09:22 PM
sumsuv
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Keeping fingers crossed. The car got to the dealer probably today, the SA says 4-6 weeks wait!!
Old 11-08-2022, 12:23 PM
EvilPhilosopher
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My Cayenne Plat E-Hybrid, just got delivered to the dealership, but is suffering from the same Bose Amp chip issue. The dealer says cannot deliver it till the part arrives. The wait is just killing me now, have been waiting since June Hopefully will get the car soon.
The following 2 users liked this post by EvilPhilosopher:
Dalmatinac (11-08-2022), sumsuv (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 12:24 PM
sumsuv
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EvilPhilosopher
My Cayenne Plat E-Hybrid, just got delivered to the dealership, but is suffering from the same Bose Amp chip issue. The dealer says cannot deliver it till the part arrives. The wait is just killing me now, have been waiting since June Hopefully will get the car soon.
where are you located?
Old 11-08-2022, 12:44 PM
mgx1020
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

can’t wait to see your build!!
Old 11-08-2022, 09:16 PM
Dalmatinac
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats 🍾. At least it’s close! My Cayenne Coupe Plat E hybrid has been waiting to get on a ship in Emden for 3 weeks. Just heard from SA today about this Bose amp issue and that it’s on the Hold Sale Recall. Ugghhh, so frustrating! Now I am unsure whether they will just keep it there at the port until parts are available or ship it to the dealership and have it wait there. (In Toronto) I’m sure dealers are not anxious to have cars sitting around in their lots. Was not aware of this issue earlier so sold my Macan Turbo PP to a friend a few weeks ago thinking I would have the Cayenne very soon. Keeping fingers crossed that it comes by Christmas. 😬

Last edited by Dalmatinac; 11-08-2022 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-09-2022, 01:37 AM
EvilPhilosopher
Track Day

Originally Posted by sumsuv
where are you located?
New Jersey
Old 11-09-2022, 01:40 AM
EvilPhilosopher
Track Day

Originally Posted by mgx1020
can’t wait to see your build!!
The build code is PPU3T358

Old 11-09-2022, 01:44 AM
EvilPhilosopher
Track Day

Originally Posted by Dalmatinac
Congrats 🍾. At least it’s close! My Cayenne Coupe Plat E hybrid has been waiting to get on a ship in Emden for 3 weeks. Just heard from SA today about this Bose amp issue and that it’s on the Hold Sale Recall. Ugghhh, so frustrating! Now I am unsure whether they will just keep it there at the port until parts are available or ship it to the dealership and have it wait there. (In Toronto) I’m sure dealers are not anxious to have cars sitting around in their lots. Was not aware of this issue earlier so sold my Macan Turbo PP to a friend a few weeks ago thinking I would have the Cayenne very soon. Keeping fingers crossed that it comes by Christmas. 😬
I think they will have to send it very soon as there are capaccity constraints at factory and port. That is one of the reason they are sending unfinished cars to dealers. The other reason is that so they can get them off their books and put it on dealers books.

For US, mostly the rule is that as soon as product comes within 20 miles of US borders, the factory can take it out of their financial books and put it on dealers books. That way at closing of quarter the company can post better financials.
The following users liked this post:
Dalmatinac (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 07:45 AM
Dalmatinac
2nd Gear

I think they will have to send it very soon as there are capaccity constraints at factory and port. That is one of the reason they are sending unfinished cars to dealers. The other reason is that so they can get them off their books and put it on dealers books.

For US, mostly the rule is that as soon as product comes within 20 miles of US borders, the factory can take it out of their financial books and put it on dealers books. That way at closing of quarter the company can post better financials.
Thank you! That would be great as I’d rather have it in the neighborhood while it waits for the chip than across the ocean! 🤞🏼
Old 11-09-2022, 09:36 AM
sumsuv
Intermediate

New Jersey
I think ours got to the port together, I bought it from a dealer in CT, but he hasn't received the car yet, the car got to the port in RI on 27/28
Old 11-14-2022, 09:45 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,563 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by idrachman
My Porsche rep told me today that Porsche NA is going to re-route sending Bose Amps made in Mexico directly to US. Today they are sent from Mexico to Germany and then back to the US.
This should shorten the timelines to get this missing component into the US cars are missing them. Should find out more next week.
My dealer (Mgr) confirmed this. Should speed things up.
Been waiting since Sept 27
Old 11-15-2022, 12:46 AM
sumsuv
Intermediate

I heard the same from my SA today. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 11-15-2022, 01:49 PM
ndearnley
1st Gear

Default Uk just as bad

I have a GT Turbo waiting in Leeds … could be upto 2.5 months for Bose …. They have 55 cars waiting for Bose in the yard that can’t go to customers …. Must be costing a fortune

992 GTS targa however us coming next week with Bose ❤️
Old 11-15-2022, 05:42 PM
preetham
Rennlist Member

Same situation here, ordered hybrid in May and the car just got to the dealership a week back. Now the wait is for the part, I was told the part should arrive next week. Has anyone been given a timeline?
Old 11-16-2022, 08:20 PM
sumsuv
Intermediate

Originally Posted by preetham
Same situation here, ordered hybrid in May and the car just got to the dealership a week back. Now the wait is for the part, I was told the part should arrive next week. Has anyone been given a timeline?
One car was delivered in 5 weeks, my SA said it should be sooner for me but next week is thanksgiving so don’t know how long will it be.

Last edited by sumsuv; 11-16-2022 at 08:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
preetham (11-17-2022)

Quick Reply: Bose Amp Delays