Dashcam - Cayenne Platinum Edition Platinum Edition MY23

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2022, 10:37 PM
EvilPhilosopher
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dashcam - Cayenne Platinum Edition Platinum Edition MY23

Hi Guys,

I wanted to know is dashcam installation for Porsche Cayenne MY23 possible after the delivery? I wanted to install it as a part of configuration, but the website configurator didn't have any such option. There was no option for Dashcam Installation preparation. Does anyone know what options are there to install the dashcam and how much would it cost? I definitely don't want any wires hanging inside the car.

Thanks.

Last edited by EvilPhilosopher; 09-02-2022 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Spell Check
Old 09-02-2022, 10:44 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 185 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilPhilosopher
Hi Guys,

I wanted to know is dashcam installation for Porsche Cayenne MY23 possible after the delivery? I wanted to install it as a part of configuration, but the website configurator didn't have any such option. There was no option for Dashcam Installation preparation. Does anyone know what options are there to install the dashcam and how much would it cost? I definitely don't want any wires hanging inside the car.
Thanks.
I can’t answer your question but it was listed as one of the few changes for 2023. It’s possible that it will be included or they might not have the option ready. It might sell more cameras if they just added it to all 2023’s…wishful thinking?
Old 09-05-2022, 07:24 PM
EvilPhilosopher
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully. My dealer says he has no idea right now and will have to wait for the car to actually come. He says he hasn't seen any MY23 till now.
Old 08-24-2023, 07:33 PM
24cayenneCoupeS
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you all for the replies and support - im glad others got something out of this (ie those that said they have had their SA put in writing xyz feature will be present at delivery, else will NOT take delivery).

I have considered giving the car back, and waiting for a correct one- however it seems too hard to get or order a new 24 Coupe S at this time. (especially considering the long wait i went though on this one).

I think i will push for the ~ $1800 wheel insurance that the dealer offers (as compensation for the missing $1700 surround view). Still a poor situation, and poor communication from Porsche.

Will update with the end result.

Quick Reply: Dashcam - Cayenne Platinum Edition Platinum Edition MY23