Sponsored By:

New Order MY question and build question

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 09:41 PM
EvilPhilosopher
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Order MY question and build question

Hi, I put in an order for Cayenne E Hybrid Platinum Edition in June. Thje dealer has put me on an allocation with delivery on 10/28 (Gave me the Comm#). The final date for freezing the build is 8/18. The dealer has assured me that the car is MY23. But MY23 hasnt launched yet. How can the dealer put in an order for MY23 which hasnt officially launched? Also, how do I build/configure the car when the new options, etc aren't available? Is it going to be a MY22 or MY23? Thanks.

Also, following is my build code. Its my first time buying a porsche, I have tried to do my best, but if you guys have any suggestion to change my build please let me know.

Build Code: PP3B5639

Thanks,
Old 07-05-2022, 10:02 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Build for 2023 Cayennes opened April 7. Build a 2022 and then let the Dealer adjust it for any changes, IMO. Or sit down with the Dealer and they can do a build with current data. There are a few changes noted on another thread and a few items on constraint mentioned on another thread. No Premium plus+, different black metallic, Chalk only available on upper trims, etc.
Sorry I missed the part that you ordered…read this earlier and went to eat. Your order should be a current 2023 and hopefully nothing changes on availability of options going forward.
Nice build…I confused the Blue with Mercedes that discontinued it…still available on Porsche.

Last edited by Ron.s; 07-05-2022 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-05-2022, 10:24 PM
EvilPhilosopher
Track Day

Thanks for the details. It all makes sense now. Hopefully, the delievry date doesnt gets pushed out.
Old 07-05-2022, 10:26 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilPhilosopher
Thanks for the details. It all makes sense now. Hopefully, the delievry date doesnt gets pushed out.
I apologize for the mess I made answering, multi tasking and poor attention on my part. I ordered April 7 and have about the same delivery date so good for you….
Old 07-06-2022, 05:21 AM
rajatparihar
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 116 Posts

Amazing spec there. Not sure if you would like to order Load space management in the boot as well, its fairly cheap option to buy but do wonders, specially suv of this size, you might struggle to keep your stuff in the boot tucked. Worth looking at this option. All the best for your delivery, cheers
The following users liked this post:
TempeAndy (07-10-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 04:57 PM
EvilPhilosopher
Track Day

Originally Posted by rajatparihar
Amazing spec there. Not sure if you would like to order Load space management in the boot as well, its fairly cheap option to buy but do wonders, specially suv of this size, you might struggle to keep your stuff in the boot tucked. Worth looking at this option. All the best for your delivery, cheers
Will definitely look into it. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2022, 05:23 PM
othertbone
Pro

Received 322 Likes on 211 Posts

Looks like you have all the comforts, you will enjoy it a lot.

One thing, since this looks like a very nice luxurious ride, maybe swap the sport exhaust for insulated glass if that is still available. You'd go from a loud car to quiet, better matching your build imo

Quick Reply: New Order MY question and build question