Sponsored By:

Build Advice Sought: 2022 Cayenne GTS

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 12:40 PM
mwandishi
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default Build Advice Sought: 2022 Cayenne GTS

Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. This forum has been incredibly useful in helping me research my next car and after many test drives of the Turbo and the GTS I recently put a deposit on a 2022 Cayenne GTS November build with nominal ETA in February. Love the GTS. It’s the right car in the lineup for me.

I’d appreciate any feedback on my build. Trying to keep it around $130k. $135k tops

Context:
1. Not interested in hauling things on top of the car or aesthetics of roof rails.
2. Waffled over park assist as I live in a city but figure overhead/birdseye view will suffice for parking.
3. This is intended to be my “relatively quiet” loud dad car hence the thermal glass. My other cars are pretty loud inside and out (regeared 993 w Fister stage iii exhaust and e30 w modified S52 engine and custom exhaust).

Build is here: PNQTU6W3

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-01-2021, 12:52 PM
CanuckGT4
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 173 Posts

What questions did you have, or do you just want people to make their own recommendations?
my 0.02 of what you should get...
pccb for sure, stops shorter than steel by 10ft.
gts interior is great
alcantara steering wheel
looks pretty good otherwise.
Enjoy!

Last edited by CanuckGT4; 09-01-2021 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-01-2021, 01:14 PM
mwandishi
Track Day

Originally Posted by CanuckGT4
What questions did you have, or do you just want people to make their own recommendations?
my 0.02 of what you should get...
pccb for sure, stops shorter than steel by 10ft.
gts interior is great
alcantara steering wheel
looks pretty good otherwise.
Enjoy!
Thanks CanuckGT4!

Basically lookin general advice and recommendations like what you wrote.

Appreciate the tips. Comments:

I was considering Alcantara wheel. Concern was it will start to look beat up in a couple of years. Sales associate seemed to convince against and didn’t have strong experience with it. Intend to keep the car 4-6 yrs. if easy to maintain Alcantara wheel, then that changes my opinion.

PCCB is desireable but I can’t bring myself to pay $9k+ for the option. I know, I know, canonical counter argument is on loop in my head since starting this project: “you’ve come this far w the build so just yolo”

Thanks again!!
Old 09-01-2021, 01:51 PM
CanuckGT4
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by mwandishi
Thanks CanuckGT4!
Basically lookin general advice and recommendations like what you wrote.
Appreciate the tips. Comments:
I was considering Alcantara wheel. Concern was it will start to look beat up in a couple of years. Sales associate seemed to convince against and didn’t have strong experience with it. Intend to keep the car 4-6 yrs. if easy to maintain Alcantara wheel, then that changes my opinion.
PCCB is desireable but I can’t bring myself to pay $9k+ for the option. I know, I know, canonical counter argument is on loop in my head since starting this project: “you’ve come this far w the build so just yolo”
Thanks again!!
I've had an alcantara steering wheel in a previous vehicle for over a couple years and it was fine. I don't know why people crap on it so much, i had zero issues. Feels great, even moreso in the winter when you turn on the heating...did that yesterday, soooo nice to the touch totally worth it.
PCCB, personal preference but i find value in them for many reasons, would choose them again in an instant.
Cheers
Old 09-01-2021, 02:56 PM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 207 Posts

Nice build! You’ll love the GTS- has more power and better handling than you’ll ever need in the city and should retain value fairly well if optioned reasonably. I have park assist / adaptive cruise and have never used them; dont have pdcc or rws and have never missed ‘em. Only wish for the colored tach / chrono bezel (trvial, i know) to spruce up the interior a bit-
Old 09-01-2021, 03:38 PM
rj2014
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 88 Posts

Nice build OP. I would consider getting the cargo management system ($420 option) that gives you variable rails to hold stuff in place. I would also consider adding the sport design package in high gloss black ($570 option) as it contrasts the chalk color very well especially with the black Spyder wheels and gloss black mirrors.
Old 09-01-2021, 03:44 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 682 Likes on 476 Posts

I think the build looks good. For a personal taste side, I thing I'd delete the black mirrors or if keeping them add black door handles? You also might want to consider adding all season tires in place of performance rubber. I found the performance rubber pretty hard in September/October on the model I test drove. A fair bit of tram lining too. I know you may be switching to winter tires, but until you get late enough in the season to do that, the summer performance tires are like hockey pucks.
Old 09-01-2021, 04:22 PM
Ticket Target
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by rj2014
Nice build OP. I would consider getting the cargo management system ($420 option) that gives you variable rails to hold stuff in place.
+1
Old 09-01-2021, 05:30 PM
Silververtu
Pro

Received 223 Likes on 168 Posts

Very nice build! I would add black door handles to match the black mirrors.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:38 PM
mwandishi
Track Day

Originally Posted by CanuckGT4
I've had an alcantara steering wheel in a previous vehicle for over a couple years and it was fine. I don't know why people crap on it so much, i had zero issues. Feels great, even moreso in the winter when you turn on the heating...did that yesterday, soooo nice to the touch totally worth it.
PCCB, personal preference but i find value in them for many reasons, would choose them again in an instant.
Cheers

Thanks for that, this nudges me to the Alcantara heated wheel.

PCCB yolo mode is still on loop in my head. We’ll see!

Last edited by mwandishi; 09-01-2021 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:45 PM
mwandishi
Track Day

Nice build OP. I would consider getting the cargo management system ($420 option) that gives you variable rails to hold stuff in place. I would also consider adding the sport design package in high gloss black ($570 option) as it contrasts the chalk color very well especially with the black Spyder wheels and gloss black mirrors.

Thanks for this. I will find some pictures or videos of the cargo management system as I think based on the multiple endorsements in this thread it’s a good solution.

i am waffling on black door handles due to being a little “old school” but like how the black mirrors reduce some of the visual weight of the lighter color. Maybe I need to get with the times. We’ll see.

Last edited by mwandishi; 09-01-2021 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:50 PM
mwandishi
Track Day

Originally Posted by kayjh
I think the build looks good. For a personal taste side, I thing I'd delete the black mirrors or if keeping them add black door handles? You also might want to consider adding all season tires in place of performance rubber. I found the performance rubber pretty hard in September/October on the model I test drove. A fair bit of tram lining too. I know you may be switching to winter tires, but until you get late enough in the season to do that, the summer performance tires are like hockey pucks.
re all season tires, same page. I looked back at the build and it looks like it is indeed spec’d for all seasons by default with that wheel.

re black mirrors/handles I’m waffling. I am trying to reduce visual weight of the car by going black on the mirrors but don’t want to draw focal point to door handles. Maybe I’m overthinking it. I’m old school and so some of this is me being behind the times.

thanks for this!
Old 09-01-2021, 08:54 PM
mwandishi
Track Day

yes I think the cargo management system is a likely must add. Will review pics and vids of it to see what it’a like.

i did waffle on the sport design package in high gloss black during configuration. I may need to go see in person or find videos. The configurator visualization was not easy for me to process.

these are good recommendations for me to go do some more research. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2021, 09:00 PM
mwandishi
Track Day

Originally Posted by Fang911
Nice build! You’ll love the GTS- has more power and better handling than you’ll ever need in the city and should retain value fairly well if optioned reasonably. I have park assist / adaptive cruise and have never used them; dont have pdcc or rws and have never missed ‘em. Only wish for the colored tach / chrono bezel (trvial, i know) to spruce up the interior a bit-
thanks for confirming your experience re park assist.

i when I spec things like PDCC and RWS I tell myself “I’m doing this for my children”
Old 09-01-2021, 09:18 PM
mwandishi
Track Day

Originally Posted by Silververtu
Very nice build! I would add black door handles to match the black mirrors.
thanks for that. I think there is enough consensus on this thread on that issue which signals that I may be out of touch with the times the black door handle. Will seriously consider adding black door handles or reverting to stock mirrors.

Quick Reply: Build Advice Sought: 2022 Cayenne GTS