Sponsored By:

New Colors and Option Choices on Cayenne Configurator

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 08:52 PM
Av8tr737
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Colors and Option Choices on Cayenne Configurator

Assistance Package and Model designation on doors.

I am glad they added Dolomite Silver. Is this a new porsche color ?
Old 07-02-2019, 09:14 PM
BCA01
Instructor

Received 105 Likes on 49 Posts

Dolomite replaced Rhodium, which was discontinued several months ago. It has been out on the Panamera for a while, is available on the new Macan, and now is being added to the Cayenne.

I have only seen it once in person, briefly at a red light on a new Macan a couple of weeks ago. It looks to be very similar to Rhodium in that it seems to have a blueish hue. I was disappointed to see that despite the fact that my 911 is Rhodium. I want Porsche to come out with a pure silver without any funky blue/brown/lavender hues.

I would love to see someone post pics of Rhodium and Dolomite side by side.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:14 PM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 141 Posts

POW!
Old 07-02-2019, 11:55 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by Av8tr737
Assistance Package and Model designation on doors.

I am glad they added Dolomite Silver. Is this a new porsche color ?
Yeah this is the new MY2020 configurator. Base prices increased and some option prices changed as well.

I wish Porsche would bring GT Silver as an option on the Cayenne! I wanted to love Dolomite but it is just too blueish / light in color for me personally.

Also, Biscay Blue now indicates it will be phased out in April 2020 (to be replaced with a new blue I suspect).
Old 07-03-2019, 12:34 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 560 Posts

If it's 2020 configurator, it interesting that they did not put on the more modern parking tech with self-parking, curb warning around wheels and trailer back-up assist. I was waiting for it initially but then gave up once they mentioned it was delayed until 2020 model year. Looks like it may be delayed even longer or canceled altogether. It's strange since other cars (non-porsche) have such systems already and they all use same tech vendors for it (Bosh was supposed to supply it to Porsche).

Interesting news about Biscay - I guess mine will be rare. It's a pretty fun color - like quartzite gray under clouds and almost mercury blue under sun. I did not want it initially and tried to convince my wife to get white or silver, but I'm happy we ended up with Biscay.
The following users liked this post:
03clyde (07-03-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 05:03 PM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
If it's 2020 configurator, it interesting that they did not put on the more modern parking tech with self-parking, curb warning around wheels and trailer back-up assist. I was waiting for it initially but then gave up once they mentioned it was delayed until 2020 model year. Looks like it may be delayed even longer or canceled altogether. It's strange since other cars (non-porsche) have such systems already and they all use same tech vendors for it (Bosh was supposed to supply it to Porsche).

Interesting news about Biscay - I guess mine will be rare. It's a pretty fun color - like quartzite gray under clouds and almost mercury blue under sun. I did not want it initially and tried to convince my wife to get white or silver, but I'm happy we ended up with Biscay.
Yes, I agree. What are they waiting for? Disappointing.

Given what they charge for "any" wheel upgrade, you would think that radar would be high-priority, right?!
Old 07-03-2019, 05:42 PM
london123
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Yeah this is the new MY2020 configurator. Base prices increased and some option prices changed as well.

I wish Porsche would bring GT Silver as an option on the Cayenne! I wanted to love Dolomite but it is just too blueish / light in color for me personally.

Also, Biscay Blue now indicates it will be phased out in April 2020 (to be replaced with a new blue I suspect).
Any idea why biscay blue is being phased out? i would have thought they would get rid of unpopular colours when streamlining options - is BB proving unpopular & hence impact on re-sale values?
Old 07-04-2019, 03:16 AM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
[Image of Lava Orange Cayenne]
POW!
Dude. Do it. You are The Man!
Old 07-04-2019, 09:50 AM
BlackerFriday
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
+1
Old 07-04-2019, 10:41 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV

I love my biscay blue turbo. Something completely different. My personal favorite color is GT silver. I had that on my 991 turbo. Wish they would make it available on the SUVs.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:07 AM
bdschet
AutoX

Np
Old 07-07-2019, 10:09 AM
bdschet
AutoX

POW!
What wheels are these and how did you pick them? I don’t see them on the configuration. Thanks!
Old 07-07-2019, 10:49 AM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
Too bold for me. However, I would have done the new silver.

Originally Posted by bdschet
What wheels are these and how did you pick them? I don’t see them on the configuration. Thanks!
Those are "21 Cayenne Turbo Wheels".
Old 07-09-2019, 01:11 PM
BigBoy11
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33

Not seeing where the Biscay Blue is being discontinued at least not on the cinfigurator. Is that information from the dealer?
Old 07-09-2019, 05:27 PM
dspvend
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

POW!
You Gotta be bold to order this color on a Cayenne!! That's a lot of orange for my taste! Can't see this as a popular color choice? and It's 3,000 pus up charge? WOW

Quick Reply: New Colors and Option Choices on Cayenne Configurator