Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Why All The Hate For The New Cayenne Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 10:18 AM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,685 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Answering the original question, it's mostly "guilty by association" hate, because all other SUV-based coupes are pretty terrible. Most of SUV-based "coupe" versions look worse than their SUV counterparts and compromise headroom and luggage space way too much. So you end up with something that's first sacrificed sportiness for utility (because it's SUV) but then sacrificed utility for looks and sportiness, except without actually achieving better looks or more sportiness. So it goes full circle and sacrifices everything for nothing.

I do not think this "coupe" is guilty of that, though - it still keeps most of the utility, and actually looks better than regular Cayenne. So I think it's a valid variant. I do not want one because I need all the trunk space I can get and I need flat roof for roof box, but I see coupe as a valid choice for someone who has no such requirements.
Well said

Originally Posted by porscherex
Equipped the same, why is the coupe more expensive than the regular Cayenne? Comparing my base configuration with the same equipment on the coupe, the coupe is $4640 more. Does it cost more because fewer will be made? Because they can and we will pay?
Base price v base price the Coupe is more expensive but you get more equipment/options standard so the increase in price is justified if the additional standard options are what you're looking for in your car.

Coupe comes standard with glass roof, Porsche's adaptive suspension, sport chrono package with launch control, 20 inch wheels as standard, and an extra spoiler

Standard Cayenne does not come with any of those options
Old 04-23-2019, 02:39 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I am one who would most likely never buy a regular Cayenne, but the Cayenne Coupé has my attention. I will give the forthcoming Coupé E-Hybrid some very serious consideration, as a very impressed and satisfied 2018 Panamera E-Hybrid owner.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:37 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
Base price v base price the Coupe is more expensive but you get more equipment/options standard so the increase in price is justified if the additional standard options are what you're looking for in your car.

Coupe comes standard with glass roof, Porsche's adaptive suspension, sport chrono package with launch control, 20 inch wheels as standard, and an extra spoiler

Standard Cayenne does not come with any of those options
When the base Cayenne and the base coupe are identically equipped (which can be done) there is a $4600 price difference.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:16 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

I think the Cayenne Coupe looks better than the regular Cayenne so I've ordered one, mainly for tax purposes but it'll still be fun to drive for 5-6 months before I sell it in 2020.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:36 PM
beefchopper
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I think the Cayenne Coupe looks better than the regular Cayenne so I've ordered one, mainly for tax purposes but it'll still be fun to drive for 5-6 months before I sell it in 2020.
If you don't mind me asking, did the dealer you ordered it from let you know if their dealership has already gotten an allocation of the coupes?
Old 04-25-2019, 02:10 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by beefchopper
If you don't mind me asking, did the dealer you ordered it from let you know if their dealership has already gotten an allocation of the coupes?
I think I got their first coupe allocation (July build) but I don't believe the builds beyond Aug were visible yet.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:09 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,685 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Originally Posted by beefchopper
My dealer told me their Coupe allocations opened this week. Porsche added a bunch more options to the configurator this morning, but still missing a few compared to the regular Cayenne. I don't want to order the car without those options present, have my build locked, then watch them become available within a few weeks afterwards. That situation was described by another forumer and his regular model Cayenne Turbo.

I'm still waiting on colored seatbelts, deviated stitching, and illuminated carbon fiber door-sill guards before placing my order
Old 04-27-2019, 05:49 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Not sure where to post this but why not here.

Not a fan of Lava or SUV "coupes" but have to say this looked pretty damned good. Very noticeable even from a distance.
Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2019, 05:52 PM
Josh s
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already ordered mine early in the month, Porsche Cayenne Coupe Turbo, exactly what I am looking for. Everybody has a Panamera that I know and the Cayenne isn't sporty enough from me coming from a 911 4s 2017. I can't wait for this new car to arrive in Q4! Like I've been saying, I love the Urus, but I'm not paying 250K, I can get a car built as good and close to as fast for 150K fully loaded to my specifications.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:23 AM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

That coupe has a seriously fat ***. I am not ashamed to say... I am a fan!
Old 04-28-2019, 10:44 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by signes

Not a fan of Lava or SUV "coupes" but have to say this looked pretty damned good. Very noticeable even from a distance.
Nice! Where was this?
Old 04-29-2019, 04:10 PM
jrjunior31
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Judging by this pic I think the Lightweight Black Package looks better. The Sport Design kit on the standard Lightweight Pack (pictured here) makes the car look bloated esp in this color. Would need to see in person I guess to make a better assessment. Thx for the only live shots so far of the Coupes, and nice GTS by the way! Makes me miss my PGTS with Carmine interior.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:25 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by pokingaround
Nice! Where was this?
On the A8 between Munich and Stuttgart.

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
Judging by this pic I think the Lightweight Black Package looks better. The Sport Design kit on the standard Lightweight Pack (pictured here) makes the car look bloated esp in this color. Would need to see in person I guess to make a better assessment. Thx for the only live shots so far of the Coupes, and nice GTS by the way! Makes me miss my PGTS with Carmine interior.
Did you see the one I posted of the Chalk one?
Old 05-05-2019, 11:40 AM
jrjunior31
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you see the one I posted of the Chalk one?
Yep sure did thx!
Old 05-07-2019, 09:31 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 127 Posts

Ordered one for my wife. She’s in a 2017 panamera base in Carmine red now. Seriously considered sport turismo.

Heres the very bloated build on our order:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLF66TK2

Quick Reply: Why All The Hate For The New Cayenne Coupe?