Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

whelp, another color just dropped off...

Old 03-12-2019, 08:24 PM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 141 Posts
Default whelp, another color just dropped off...

Silver is no more, and it was there because I built with it as a consideration. Silver/Black. I prefer white, but silver was nice. That's the second color that has been cut that I am aware of.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:44 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Not surprised. Our SA actively discouraged us from choosing Rhodium Silver, starting about nine months ago. They'd gotten word it would be discontinued and replaced with a different silver. They didn't know which, or when.

I thought it was a sharp color. That $182K Turbo whose pics we've seen posted here looked damned sporty. Porsche, why put the color in there in the first place if you're going to discontinue it mid-year? It's not like it was strawberry blonde metallic with zero buyers. It's friggin' silver -- one of the most common colors around!
Old 03-12-2019, 09:50 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If I recall correctly Rhodium is being replaced with Dolomite Silver, a Panamera color.
The following users liked this post:
copasetic222 (11-23-2020)
Old 03-12-2019, 11:29 PM
BCA01
Instructor

Received 105 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by porscherex
If I recall correctly Rhodium is being replaced with Dolomite Silver, a Panamera color.
Yep, I’ve been expecting this and I’m honestly surprised that Dolomite wasn’t the one available at launch. I’m sure Porsche has their reasons.

I like Rhodium (have it on my 911) but don’t totally love it, so I’ll be interested to see how Dolomite looks in person. I haven’t seen it yet but in pics and videos, it looks quite similar to Rhodium. I think it’s just slightly less blue-ish.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:00 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,136 Likes on 559 Posts

Rhodium was my second choice (actually my first choice, and my wife's second, but it's her car). Silver works well for SUVs because it hides all the swirl marks from offroading and dings from shopping carts.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:37 AM
MBR993
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Best silver is GT silver. Never really liked rhodium due to blue hue
Old 03-13-2019, 11:55 AM
dspvend
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hope they don't don't discontinue Quartzite Grey that's what I've got ordered! What's with only 8-9 colors for the Cayenne? Finding it weird so limited in they're choices of colors?
Old 03-13-2019, 06:21 PM
03clyde
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Local dealer just got a rhodium silver delivery to their store. It's an "S" and a stunning color. I guess they configured it when the color was still available. There is a dolomite Panny on their floor - another sharp color. Strange that there is no alternative silver(s) at this point. The dolomite silver is also available on the 2019 Macan. We had one ordered in that color until mother Porsche set Macan S deliveries back until November. We switched to a new Cayenne S and await its delivery.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:26 PM
jkfuel
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I loved rhodium, but agree, GT is probably the "best" silver :]
Old 03-13-2019, 09:14 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porscherex
that’s the color I was waiting for! It looks great on the Pan. It will look great on my Cayenne.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:34 PM
BCA01
Instructor

Originally Posted by MBR993
Best silver is GT silver. Never really liked rhodium due to blue hue
Originally Posted by jkfuel
I loved rhodium, but agree, GT is probably the "best" silver :]
Feeling really great about my Rhodium 911 right now. :/ Just kidding.

Honestly, I didn’t want to custom order and had a handful of exterior colors that I would’ve taken. This was early 2017. GT Silver with Black/Bordeaux interior was my top choice. Sapphire Blue exterior with any decent interior was a very close second. A Rhodium with full Black leather interior and pretty much all the right options arrived, so I took it. They got it on a Thursday and I took delivery 2 days later on Saturday. I really do love the color most of the time and to my surprise, I think I prefer it to GT Silver now. GT looks dull and brown/lavender-ish to me now when I see it in person. Both are great colors, though. I’m hoping that Dolomite is the perfect color and is kept alive for many years, although I’ve yet to see it in person.

I agree with the general sentiment that they need to really increase the number of colors offered on the Cayenne, and I hope they do over time. But just as I say that, I know that I would probably only buy a “safe” color on a vehicle like this for several reasons, and I think many others fall in the same boat no matter what they might post online. So therein lies the problem....perhaps!
Old 03-14-2019, 12:34 AM
MBR993
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by BCA01

Feeling really great about my Rhodium 911 right now. :/ Just kidding.

Honestly, I didn’t want to custom order and had a handful of exterior colors that I would’ve taken. This was early 2017. GT Silver with Black/Bordeaux interior was my top choice. Sapphire Blue exterior with any decent interior was a very close second. A Rhodium with full Black leather interior and pretty much all the right options arrived, so I took it. They got it on a Thursday and I took delivery 2 days later on Saturday. I really do love the color most of the time and to my surprise, I think I prefer it to GT Silver now. GT looks dull and brown/lavender-ish to me now when I see it in person. Both are great colors, though. I’m hoping that Dolomite is the perfect color and is kept alive for many years, although I’ve yet to see it in person.

I agree with the general sentiment that they need to really increase the number of colors offered on the Cayenne, and I hope they do over time. But just as I say that, I know that I would probably only buy a “safe” color on a vehicle like this for several reasons, and I think many others fall in the same boat no matter what they might post online. So therein lies the problem....perhaps!
Your Rhodium silver 911 drives like my GT silver 911! I love the black/bordeaux leather on my 911 and will look great on your Cayenne. Our Cayenne is ordered with jet black metallic on black/mojave leather as my wife didnt want two cars with red seats
Old 03-14-2019, 12:42 AM
500RJC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dspvend
Hope they don't don't discontinue Quartzite Grey that's what I've got ordered! What's with only 8-9 colors for the Cayenne? Finding it weird so limited in they're choices of colors?
I wouldn't worry if they discontinued it...Quartzite is an amazing color and looks great on the CY!
Old 03-14-2019, 11:25 AM
BCA01
Instructor

Originally Posted by MBR993

Your Rhodium silver 911 drives like my GT silver 911! I love the black/bordeaux leather on my 911 and will look great on your Cayenne. Our Cayenne is ordered with jet black metallic on black/mojave leather as my wife didnt want two cars with red seats
I've had my Cayenne for about 3 weeks and I'm definitely loving the red interior! I can understand your wife not wanting multiple red interiors, though.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:13 PM
dspvend
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

2019 Cayenne...Quartzite Gray/Black-Bordeaux Red. That's the combination I've got on order and saw it on the base model at my dealer and was like holly **** that's amazing and that's the combo for me!!! Ordered my S with it and think it's different and special but that's just my opinion. My wife loved it so that also helps especially when I said there's a 4,100.00 up up charge for the full leather. haha! It's only money she said and you'll only need it if you don't die tomorrow!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: whelp, another color just dropped off...