Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0-2019-247/)
-   -   2019 Cayenne Brakes...Does Everyone's Non-Ceramic Brakes Squeal? (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0-2019/1133361-2019-cayenne-brakes-does-everyones-non-ceramic-brakes-squeal.html)

500RJC 04-16-2019 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by jrtouareg (Post 15777993)
500RJC, you sure do worry a lot for someone who doesn't even have one yet. You have the upper hand at this point and just tell the dealer you will not take delivery unless you're assured Porsche has resolved the issue with an official TSB. I have a bigger Issue with the auto/start stop and my dealer will have the Porsche regional rep there next week with a Porsche tech to see if he can have the thing programmed to normally be in the off position. I'm waiting an extra week to take delivery of my Cayenne so the rep can be scheduled after Easter weekend.

It's not worrying, is doing my due diligence/research, as after one signs on the dotted line there's no looking back. The dealer has already told me P has no interest of formally addressing this issue and only after videos are submitted to P NA and it's approved, all they will authorize is cleaning the pads and rotors so I doubt a TSB will be issued but remain hopeful.

beefchopper 04-17-2019 02:21 AM

500RJC, you sure do worry a lot for someone who doesn't even have one yet. You have the upper hand at this point and just tell the dealer you will not take delivery unless you're assured Porsche has resolved the issue with an official TSB. I have a bigger Issue with the auto/start stop and my dealer will have the Porsche regional rep there next week with a Porsche tech to see if he can have the thing programmed to normally be in the off position. I'm waiting an extra week to take delivery of my Cayenne so the rep can be scheduled after Easter weekend.

That can be done but the question is will he be willing to do it? I'd certainly like to hear the answer as well.

jrtouareg 04-17-2019 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by beefchopper (Post 15779303)
That can be done but the question is will he be willing to do it? I'd certainly like to hear the answer as well.

We'll find out next week.

JCWLS3 04-17-2019 03:36 PM

I have a bigger Issue with the auto/start stop and my dealer will have the Porsche regional rep there next week with a Porsche tech to see if he can have the thing programmed to normally be in the off position. I'm waiting an extra week to take delivery of my Cayenne so the rep can be scheduled after Easter weekend.

I applaud you for trying, but I'd bet dollars to nickels the answer will be NO. But it'd be nice.

SilverSteel 04-20-2019 10:48 AM

Porsche accepted long ago squealing is an acceptable result of good braking, however they have tried to limit this by contracting with brake pad manufacturers to find additives to limit the harmonics associated by adding various materials. Not always 100% effective.

ak432 04-20-2019 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by SilverSteel (Post 15786884)
Porsche accepted long ago squealing is an acceptable result of good braking, however they have tried to limit this by contracting with brake pad manufacturers to find additives to limit the harmonics associated by adding various materials. Not always 100% effective.

To be clear....we aren't actually talking about brakes squealing during braking here. Yes, the standard answer has always been that brakes (steel or PCCB's) can squeal during braking.

The discussion here relates to squealing that occurs when the brakes are NOT applied and in fact goes away with application of the brakes. It is related to resonance generated from defective springs that don't full recoil and remove the contact surfaces completely. The sound is most pronounced at around 30-35mph.

SilverSteel 04-20-2019 11:38 AM

You know, I would focus on the pistons. The springs may have the necessary tension, but if the pistons are not retracting when not applied, the piston cylinders may need to be honed.

I had a similar problem on my Ferrari and broke down the rotors and after honing the cylinders and replacing the pistons, I was done.

psw 05-08-2019 06:11 AM

Dealer will be replacing brake pads along with brake paste hope it fixes the squeal....stay tuned

500RJC 05-08-2019 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by psw (Post 15826029)
Dealer will be replacing brake pads along with brake paste hope it fixes the squeal....stay tuned

Nice to hear your dealer is helping to resolve :)

psw 05-08-2019 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by 500RJC (Post 15828000)
Nice to hear your dealer is helping to resolve :)

SA said Porsche has
new design for brake pads waiting for them to arrive at dealer

Vishal S 05-09-2019 12:10 AM

Hi, occasionally my Cayane B brake makes very loud noise at low speed. Every once in a while I see Porsche trying to explain that via the Customer Relation mails that they send.

Here are few lines from the last one with

Porsche Brakes Explained

Brake squeal occurs when the energy of motion is converted into heat in minute vibrations, which then dissipates throughout the brake system. It is a natural and normal product of Porsche breaks

��

ak432 05-09-2019 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by psw (Post 15828017)
SA said Porsche has

yes. Any adjustments to current setup will lead to noise going away for a week or two then coming back.

500RJC 05-09-2019 01:37 PM

SA said Porsche has

Awesome news.

MaxLTV 05-10-2019 05:41 PM

almost 2K already on PCSB and no noise. Brake feel is awesome. Not sure if I got a new and improved version or just lucky so far.

FyteOn 05-10-2019 06:47 PM

SA said Porsche has

Interesting. I was told last week by SA that no fix was in the plans and I'd have to live with it. Hoping the fix is legit. Now do the AC...