Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne Turbo

Old 03-17-2019, 03:09 PM
dcbigbaps
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any thoughts about Biscay Blue with a red interior?
Old 03-17-2019, 03:42 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Not sure about Biscay Blue with Bordeaux Red / Black interior. It may be a little too Bozo the Clown for my taste. But that’s me. When my wife moved from Quartzite Grey to Moonlight Blue, we also moved from Bordeaux Red to Cohiba Brown / Truffle. Blues and reds together are a love-it-or-hate-it thing.

On a positive note, this is your Porsche. If you like the combo, run with it. I firmly believe there are no right or wrong answers as to how you build your car. I strongly disagree with people who say, “Option X is stupid. Go with Option Y!”
Old 03-17-2019, 04:45 PM
Fly121
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I have Biscay Blue with Slate interior with carbon fiber accents.
i think it looks nice.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:06 AM
dcbigbaps
AutoX

Thanks for all the replies. I think black would be better suited if I want a red interior. I don't love black/silver/white, but not too many other options. I have carmine red with a black interior currently, but the exterior does attract too much attention.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:18 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Fly121
I have Biscay Blue with Slate interior with carbon fiber accents.
i think it looks nice.

It sure does. I like the Slate Gray much more than I thought I would. It looks rich. Well done.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:39 PM
dcbigbaps
AutoX

Agreed!
Old 03-20-2019, 10:34 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

One other bit. Normally I don’t like to judge colors and options. However, at our last dealer visit there was a customer-ordered base Cayenne off to the side in the delivery area. It was Mahogany over Bordeaux Red / Black, with silver 19” wheels. Let that sink in for a minute!
Old 03-21-2019, 07:25 AM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Question about interior trim. Interior trim pieces like carbon fiber, wood and aluminum are placed over the piano black "standard" trim pieces instead of in place of the black trim pieces. In the Panamera the standard black trim is replaced with CF, etc. not placed over the black trim. Usually add on pieces don't look good. So how do they look? Thanks.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:08 PM
dcbigbaps
AutoX

And look what was just released today....

https://www.porsche.com/usa/models/c...e-turbo-coupe/

I think it has an "interesting" look. Not sure I actually like it.

Does anyone know what different between the regular cayenne other than less cargo space and higher price?
Old 03-21-2019, 06:08 PM
fkim011
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by porscherex
Question about interior trim. Interior trim pieces like carbon fiber, wood and aluminum are placed over the piano black "standard" trim pieces instead of in place of the black trim pieces. In the Panamera the standard black trim is replaced with CF, etc. not placed over the black trim. Usually add on pieces don't look good. So how do they look? Thanks.
Honestly, it doesn't look quite as good as it does in the Pan or even the previous generation Cayenne where the full piece was CF. I was really disappointed they did this instead of replacing the entire trim. I ordered my CTT with full carbon and if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't of spent the extra cash there and just done it in the no cost option piano black.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:32 PM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by fkim011
Honestly, it doesn't look quite as good as it does in the Pan or even the previous generation Cayenne where the full piece was CF. I was really disappointed they did this instead of replacing the entire trim. I ordered my CTT with full carbon and if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't of spent the extra cash there and just done it in the no cost option piano black.
Thanks for the info. I didn't order any extra trim on my base; I wanted to see how it looked first which I haven't seen so far. These trim pieces can be added at any time. Porsche probably did it this way to save money.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:41 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

I disagree, but taste is personal. We ordered the whole interior carboned-up. Every single person whom I’ve given a ride has commented on the trim in a positive way. We spent less than $3K on the whole dress kit (trim, steering wheel and illuminated sills) and have no regrets. See below. YMMV.

I agree the Panny’s trim looks better, though.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:01 AM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
I disagree, but taste is personal. We ordered the whole interior carboned-up. Every single person whom I’ve given a ride has commented on the trim in a positive way. We spent less than $3K on the whole dress kit (trim, steering wheel and illuminated sills) and have no regrets. See below. YMMV.

I agree the Panny’s trim looks better, though.

The trim does look like it integrates well, e.g. the door trim looks like an extension of the door handle. Thanks for the photos.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:48 AM
Av8tr737
Cruisin'

I think the Carbon Trim looks amazing ! It is more modern than a wood finish.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:11 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by porscherex
The trim does look like it integrates well, e.g. the door trim looks like an extension of the door handle. Thanks for the photos.
You're welcome. I think that's why Porsche designers chose to move away from making the whole gloss-black insert full-trim. Making it a layered insert allowed them to have the trim line flow seamlessly from the door handles back.

And, of course, I am sure it saved money.

One thing to note is that the carbon (or wood, or whatever) bits are not just stuck on there. The gloss-black base has a rounded recess into which the trim sits. So it's an entirely separate design.

Thanks for the kind words from both of you. And Av8tr737, I don't know you, but if I were going to board a Max 8 with only one stall sensor and without the optional AoA gauge and whatever other related safety equipment Boeing decided to leave off (I swear, it's like they took a page out of the Porsche options-list playbook), I bet you'd be the guy to get me to my destination in one piece! (I always give leeway to people who are complimentary.)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cayenne Turbo