Sponsored By:

Color choice

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 07:36 PM
Porsche19
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color choice

So I put a deposit down on an incoming base Cayenne over the weekend. This is my first Porsche which I plan on keeping for many years. But am torn on colors. The car I put a deposit on is black/black with 21" spyder rims and black roof rails. There is another car arriving around the same time that is white/black (not Carrara white) with the same setup as the black. Both of these cars I have to wait 3 weeks to get, so I can still pick.

I just found out another dealer has a Quartzite Grey/Black with 21" Exclusive Design with Satin Platinum finish, plus the black roof rails and is on the dealer lot (my dealer would have to do a trade). Not in any rush to get a car sooner than 3 weeks, but I've been going back and forth on which color to go with; I can't even decide prioritize my top three choices!

I know black will need some extra TLC in the long run just because of its sensitivity to the elements (i.e. dirt). White gets dirty easily, but seems to be easier to care for. And no experience with the quartzite grey. I assume it will need some TLC like the black, but maybe not as much (?).

Thoughts??? Appreciate any input!
Old 02-27-2019, 07:41 PM
jkfuel
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've owned a black car before and it was a hassle to keep clean and the imperfections bothered me a lot so if I can help it will not get another black car. Grey is not THAT much easier to deal with; personally I'd go for White just for that alone. Color is very subjective so I'm sure you can't go wrong either way.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:40 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Gray will be the lowest maintenance, and you get it right away.

Last edited by WCH BOS; 02-27-2019 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:11 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

I agree that this is a totally subjective thing. But black is a PITA to keep clean, detailed and swirl-free. We have a black sport sedan and a Moonlight Blue Turbo, which may as well be black. Dark colors like these look sleeker and more dramatic on the Cayenne IMHO. But, man, the maintenance wears me out.

I’m with WCH BOS here. Quartzite Grey with Satin Platinum wheels and black trim / roof rails will look spectacular, and be relatively low maintenance. That’d be my choice for sure.

Early congrats!
Old 02-27-2019, 11:39 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche19
So I put a deposit down on an incoming base Cayenne over the weekend. This is my first Porsche which I plan on keeping for many years. But am torn on colors. The car I put a deposit on is black/black with 21" spyder rims and black roof rails. There is another car arriving around the same time that is white/black (not Carrara white) with the same setup as the black. Both of these cars I have to wait 3 weeks to get, so I can still pick.

I just found out another dealer has a Quartzite Grey/Black with 21" Exclusive Design with Satin Platinum finish, plus the black roof rails and is on the dealer lot (my dealer would have to do a trade). Not in any rush to get a car sooner than 3 weeks, but I've been going back and forth on which color to go with; I can't even decide prioritize my top three choices!

I know black will need some extra TLC in the long run just because of its sensitivity to the elements (i.e. dirt). White gets dirty easily, but seems to be easier to care for. And no experience with the quartzite grey. I assume it will need some TLC like the black, but maybe not as much (?).

Thoughts??? Appreciate any input!
Get the Quartzite. I saw a brand new Cayenne turbo in that color yesterday at Livermore Porsche and it looked great. I love the wheel choice as well. What is the full spec?

White Black Quartzite

Old 02-28-2019, 12:52 AM
Porsche19
Track Day

Spec on all these cars are similar: Premium package, roof rails, tow package, seat ventilators, and 21" rims. The black has peasant shades in the rear...
Old 02-28-2019, 09:51 AM
murphyb74
1st Gear

Can one order a Cayenne with a custom color from Porsche's Exclusive Manufakatur Department? (as with the 911)
Old 02-28-2019, 10:44 AM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

My suggestion:

1) QG w/ platinum wheels
2) White/black
99) Black/Black
Old 02-28-2019, 11:05 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Spec on all these cars are similar: Premium package, roof rails, tow package, seat ventilators, and 21" rims. The black has peasant shades in the rear...
I would want leather interior on my first Porsche.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:28 PM
Porsche19
Track Day

I'm going to save leather interior for my second Porsche The Cayenne will be used quite a bit for road trips and other utilitarian activities (i.e. transporting our road bikes, triathlon gear, greyhound etc.) so not too worried about having ultimate luxury in the cabin.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:43 PM
jrtouareg
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Quartzite Grey/Black with 21" Exclusive Design with Satin Platinum finish, plus the black roof rails
The Quartzite Grey/Grey with 21" Exclusive Design with Satin Platinum finish, black roof rails, black window surrounds,Premium+, black sports exhaust tips, Sport Chrono, heated steering wheel, tow package, black lettering is what I have on order. In my 20 yrs driving, silver and grey cars have been the easiest to maintain.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:44 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

Well I am going against the grain here. I love black Porsches. Both my Cayennes are Black/Black and my 996TT is triple black. The Cayenne black is a metallic black, so its a little easier to keep clean. Its subjective. But dont settle. Been there done that, and I could not live with it.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:09 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

I'm going to save leather interior for my second Porsche The Cayenne will be used quite a bit for road trips and other utilitarian activities (i.e. transporting our road bikes, triathlon gear, greyhound etc.) so not too worried about having ultimate luxury in the cabin.
I'd get a Ford Raptor for that...
Old 02-28-2019, 04:10 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OCNYPORSCHE
Well I am going against the grain here. I love black Porsches. Both my Cayennes are Black/Black and my 996TT is triple black. The Cayenne black is a metallic black, so its a little easier to keep clean. Its subjective. But dont settle. Been there done that, and I could not live with it.
I love black as well but needs to coated in ceramic. Did that with the Benz and maint was easy.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:14 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by redyps
I love black as well but needs to coated in ceramic. Did that with the Benz and maint was easy.
Great point. I seriously considered ceramic with the 2019. But the dealer wanted too much. I know I can go elsewhere, but I am still thinking about it.

Quick Reply: Color choice