Series III
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sat Radio Settings

Old 02-26-2019, 05:39 PM
FyteOn
User

Default Sat Radio Settings

Couple questions about things that are driving me crazy with the sat radio. Hopefully I'm just missing out on some settings.
1) Is there any way to delete the "Recently Played" list above the Favorites? It's such a waste.
2) When you select a Favorite station, is there any way to set that the Artist/Track appears? Right now, I have to push Favorite, select station, push Play, look at it, select Favorite again, push the next station, push Play, etc....

It's awesome that my complaints with my new S are totally trivial, but #2 is a PITA for sure.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:16 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

There are many very annoying items in the new Cayenne such as the 2 you mention. I dont think there is a way to delete the recently played list. As for the second one, I also dont think there is a way to do it, but I will let others weigh in.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:23 PM
LSR
User

Default PCM Media Display

Originally Posted by FyteOn View Post
Couple questions about things that are driving me crazy with the sat radio. Hopefully I'm just missing out on some settings.
1) Is there any way to delete the "Recently Played" list above the Favorites? It's such a waste.
2) When you select a Favorite station, is there any way to set that the Artist/Track appears? Right now, I have to push Favorite, select station, push Play, look at it, select Favorite again, push the next station, push Play, etc....

It's awesome that my complaints with my new S are totally trivial, but #2 is a PITA for sure.
I concur that there is no way (at least, none that I have found after extensively searching) to eliminate the wasteful Recently Played squares on the favorites screen. And, I have found no way to see what's playing if you're on the Favorites screen - you have to switch PCM screens as you describe. Really poor design, in my opinion. Porsche's PCM focus groups leave something to be desired. The other annoying thing is that with one exception, I have not found a way to display what's playing on the instrument cluster. The one exception I'm aware of is if you're playing a track from your cellphone you can see the track currently playing on the instrument cluster tube to the immediate right of the tach if you have created a custom view with audio as one of the custom selections for that tube. But the instrument cluster custom view, I believe, doesn't display what's playing on Sirius. for Sirius, it only shows you what station you're tuned to.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:28 AM
afel
User

I completely agree. It is just odd that Porsche would require so much activity that takes your eyes off the road! Very UNSAFE! And a PITA!
Old 02-27-2019, 10:44 AM
TGED
User

By eliminating the audio screen from the instrumental cluster is totally unacceptable. I am surprised they could even bring this design to the market with such a big flaw.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:46 AM
afel
User

Well said, and I hope they can do an update to fix this!
Old 02-28-2019, 08:03 PM
afel
User

So I took by 2019 Cayenne Turbo in for service, and the loaner is a Macan. Now I see the Porsche fumble here...in the Macan, one of the tubes is devoted to Media and you can change stations from the steering wheel. Odd that was not put into the new Cayenne!
Old 02-28-2019, 08:07 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by afel View Post
So I took by 2019 Cayenne Turbo in for service, and the loaner is a Macan. Now I see the Porsche fumble here...in the Macan, one of the tubes is devoted to Media and you can change stations from the steering wheel. Odd that was not put into the new Cayenne!
Yes, the Macan actually works very nice with the sirius menu and even with a Macan S, it has the boost gauge which is not in new Cayenne S. I am hoping that Porsche will do a software update. I will see if I can contact them.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:11 PM
afel
User

That would be great! Thanks OCNYPORSCHE !
Old 02-28-2019, 09:49 PM
LSR
User

Yes - very odd and a big failure in my view. I'm guessing the Macan you were in was probably a 2018 model. In previous Cayennes, Macans and 911s, you could see and change stations/tracks in the tube to the right of the tach. Heck, I can do that with my 2013 911. But when the new Macan hits the streets, I'd wager its "new, improved" PCM will operate much like our Cayennes'. I find much to like about the new PCM, but too many fumbles changing functionality that worked well and now doesn't. Maybe those errors will be addressed in software updates, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:28 PM
JCWLS3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default In the minority here

My wife and I have no big complaints about the way the audio system operates in our Cayenne. We drove a 2018 Macan Sport for several weeks while our car was stuck at port. The only thing I remember about it re: electronics was how dated and crude everything seemed to be. The screens were low-res, circa 2013, and there was a surplus of buttons.

We have only one complaint about the new Cayenne’s audio, and that is the lack of dedicated next / previous station buttons on the steering wheel. We programmed the star button as a next initially, but found that vaguely frustrating. It’s now an activation button for ParkAssist surround cameras.

For us, the new high-res, beautiful touchscreen and reduction in buttons outweigh some minor loss in functionality. YMMV.

What we do not appreciate is the general feeling of unease when we get in the car and start it up. What transient PCM errors are going to throw this time? Code execution and reliability needs to be addressed before Porsche starts dicking around with new features.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:39 PM
TGED
User

Originally Posted by LSR View Post
Yes - very odd and a big failure in my view. I'm guessing the Macan you were in was probably a 2018 model. In previous Cayennes, Macans and 911s, you could see and change stations/tracks in the tube to the right of the tach. Heck, I can do that with my 2013 911. But when the new Macan hits the streets, I'd wager its "new, improved" PCM will operate much like our Cayennes'. I find much to like about the new PCM, but too many fumbles changing functionality that worked well and now doesn't. Maybe those errors will be addressed in software updates, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Currently our 3 Porsches all have different PCM versions and all offer steering wheel audio control. When I test drove the new Cayenne, I noticed this function missing within the first 5 minutes. That makes me wonder how much testing they do before releasing the product. I would rather they do testing resembling everyday common usage than putting their cars through extreme weather tests which almost no one would drive their cars in those conditions.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:41 PM
afel
User

So true. I have wondered if they just took a regular person and just said, 'drive this for a week and let us know what you think' ... it would do wonders for their brand value.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:27 AM
JCWLS3
Addict
Rennlist Member

So true. I have wondered if they just took a regular person and just said, 'drive this for a week and let us know what you think' ... it would do wonders for their brand value.
That's pretty funny. Porsche's current brand value is that they sell all the cars they can build. There's a waiting list at every dealer. And, they're the most profitable production automobile company in the world on a per-unit basis.

They don't give a crap about details such as these. They have no reason to. All of us throw our money at them the first chance we get. What's the incentive? Porsche is the very definition of a fat, prideful company. If they didn't build such an incredible product to drive, they might take a hit to their brand after several years of silly electronics design and programming. Maybe. But as it stands, enjoy your slightly weird menus and PCM controls. I was scrolling through a submenu the other day and found an actual English typo. SMH.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:30 AM
afel
User

LOL!

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: